Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester

Comments

• As Abramovich said: Ranieri will never win the Premier League.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

IAgree said:

Fantastic result but spare a thought for the Spurs fans who may feel a tad gutted this morning - Lol!

Gutted? if I'm being honest, not at all.

The title was always going to be a long shot and we were always playing catch up. Leicester are worthy champions and deserve their success. It good to see them and Spurs up there against the normal top 4 and with the likes of West Ham knocking on the door too now.

With the new TV deal, hopefully the league will become a lot more competitive as it feels like it has done this season. Leicester winning the league is the best thing to happen to English football in a long time.

Apart from Dembele and Lamela being more than a bit daft last night, what an absolute pleasure it is to watch a Spurs team that fights for each other and can now go toe to toe with filth. In years gone by, after Ivanovic's second foul on Kane in the first five minutes, Spurs would have rolled over and let them tickle their belly. Not any more. The most 'unspursy' Spurs team I can remember.

At the start of the season, I thought we'd be lucky to get European football at all, so I'm more than happy with a top 4 finish with such a young squad playing decent football. 2nd would be nice but with the retrospective suspensions in the post from the FA, we'll be lucky to do that now.

Roll on next season, should be an absolute belter.

(Blimey, think the FA are going to have a busy day today!)
    Agree re Leicester and the League - just dislike Spurs with a vengeance.

• Looking forward to the vocal appreciation for Ranieri at the Valley on Saturday!

He comes from Italy
    He won the Premier League
    Ranieri oh oh oh oh

We all follow the Charlton, over land and sea...
  • Uboat said:

On 5Live this morning it was all, 'Leicester have changed the PL for ever!' Maybe I'm a cynic, but I really doubt that. It would be great, but I suspect that normal service will be resumed.

Deep down I suspect this is probably a one off, however it is not outside the realms of possibility that any club can win the Premier League now. Now that it has been done, no club has any excuse to think they can't do it.

This achievement has done a lot for all the clubs and supporters outside of the 'top 6'. Youll never ever see a 5000-1 outside chance bet available again.
  • Fantastic achievement.
  • It's been one day and I'm already fed up with hearing about their achievement.

Wait until Vardy scores the winner in a 4-3 champions league semi-final against Barcelona before going on to score a hat trick against Real Madrid in the final.

Then the film rights will be worth their weight in gold.

The Leicester team will be themselves in the film which will make the film truly awful.
  • It's been one day and I'm already fed up with hearing about their achievement.

Wait until Vardy scores the winner in a 4-3 champions league semi-final against Barcelona before going on to score a hat trick against Real Madrid in the final.

The Leicester team will be themselves in the film which will make the film truly awful.
    Ranieri has already stated he doesn't want to appear in any film.

Karel Fraeye has been lined up as his replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

They'll find some hipster in Hoxton to play Ben Hamer

He won't need to be able to play football, as Ben doesn't play any football these days either!
  • edited May 2016
    Apologies if anyone already beat me to any of these:

According to the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast:

Leicester's win %:

While Richard III still buried in that car park - 32%
    While Richard III body in storage awaiting re-burial - 18%
    Since Richard III re-buried nearby their ground (the KING Power Stadium) - 65%

Man Utd spent more in the last 2 years than Leicester have in their entire history.

Peter Schmeichel's semen has beaten Liverpool to winning the Premier League.
  • According to the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast:

Leicester's win %:

Crickey we're not advocating Roly underneath the Sam Bartram statue are we?
  • edited May 2016

According to the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast:

Leicester's win %:

So... WE have to find a long deceased King buried under a car park and reinter him in the Woolwich Free Baptist Church by the ferry roundabout!
  • According to the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast:

Leicester's win %:

So... WE have to find a long deceased King buried under a car park and reinter him in the Woolwich Free Baptist Church by the ferry roundabout!
    If we're going to link it in with our ground we'd probably need to find a Pharaoh and rename the ground the Valley of the Kings.
  • edited May 2016
    Fantastic idea and a rapid wiki search suggests that Eadbald may be our man.

Happily his remains are already known to be somewhere in Canterbury cathedral and he was enough generations in of the Kings of Kent to be not wholly Frankish.

He also has a name that could provide a good chant or two to support our folically challenged players.

Im sure the Archbishop of Canterbury being a decent cove would support the relocation to support the protests and future development of the club.
  • Interesting comparison of stats:

Average Possession - Arsenal 1st, Leicester 17th
    Average Passes Per Game - Arsenal 1st, Leicester 17th
    Passing Accuracy - Arsenal 1st, Leicester 20th
    Shots on Target - Arsenal 2nd, Leicester 5th
    League Table - Arsenal 3rd, Leicester Champions

Conclusion - Arsenal keep possession, pass the ball to death and accurately too. Leicester concede all possession, don't pass very often and when they do it's more often than not to the opposition.

Wenger would do well to compromise on his philosophy of total football.
  • Interesting comparison of stats:

Average Possession - Arsenal 1st, Leicester 17th
    Average Passes Per Game - Arsenal 1st, Leicester 17th
    Passing Accuracy - Arsenal 1st, Leicester 20th
    Shots on Target - Arsenal 2nd, Leicester 5th
    League Table - Arsenal 3rd, Leicester Champions

Conclusion - Arsenal keep possession, pass the ball to death and accurately too. Leicester concede all possession, don't pass very often and when they do it's more often than not to the opposition.

Wenger would do well to compromise on his philosophy of total football.

If you pass it 10 yards sideways you rarely lose the ball, if you try more ambitious passes to hurt your opponents then there's always the risk they won't come off. What Leicester show that if you try the more ambitious pass to get your strikers in behind your opponents then the low percentage that get through more than make up for the ones that don't.
  • I read somewhere earlier this week that of Leicester's 21 wins this season, 19 of them they had inferior possession. That really is some going.
  • They are in the bottom 3 for possession and completed passes across the season I think I read. Definitely the first one.
  • Sponsored links:

• They are so good at the moment. The team, the style of play, the balance. It all just works.

• Great scenes before the game with Andrea Bocelli singing.

What must it be like to actually enjoy supporting a football team!
  • Brilliant brilliant day for the club and all involved.

Please please please don't sack Ranieri if they are 8th next Christmas having lost 1-0 to Sheff W.
  • Don't let Vardy have too much sauce over the close period.
  • Was happy for them until they started doing the Mexican wave
  • so after today they'll definitely win the league by at least 7 points, probably by 10+ and potentially by 13 points which would be the 2nd biggest margin in the Premier League era
  • rina said:

so after today they'll definitely win the league by at least 7 points, probably by 10+ and potentially by 13 points which would be the 2nd biggest margin in the Premier League era

Crazy that they could win it by such a big margin.
  • Only one thing Ranieri needs to do now. And that is to pronounce the word "sheet" as in "clean sheet" correctly. It's a good job that the post Chelsea interview was on Sky and not on BBC.
  • rina said:

so after today they'll definitely win the league by at least 7 points, probably by 10+ and potentially by 13 points which would be the 2nd biggest margin in the Premier League era

10 points clear of 2nd. 15 points clear of City in 4th

Oh, and 31 points clear of Chelsea!!!
  • Decent away goal for them tonight. Could they beat Sevilla at home and make it to CL quarter final?