Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Real Henry Irving on twitter

For those interested the real Henry Irving, that's me, now has a #cafc related twitter account "Real Henry Irving" @BenHayes77

Occasional views on Charlton Athletic, music, art, a little bit of politics and more Charlton Athletic.

Accept no substitute

Comments

• Options
    I think I preferred the Imaginary Henry Irving rather than the real one :smiley:
  • Options
    How do I pay ?
  • Options

There's an imposter on there which has very contrasting views to you. Has been confusing me for months.

Imposter being the key word. Stalker and saddo troll being others.
  • Options
    Who is this fella then @Ben_Hayes

#Confused
  • Options

There's an imposter on there which has very contrasting views to you. Has been confusing me for months.

That's Nick Gray.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Imposter being the key word. Stalker and saddo troll being others.
    Feel flattered, absolutely no-one is interested in impersonating me !
    That's exactly the way I see it.
  • Options

For those interested the real Henry Irving, that's me, now has a #cafc related twitter account "Real Henry Irving" @BenHayes77

Occasional views on Charlton Athletic, music, art, a little bit of politics, knitwear, and more Charlton Athletic.

Accept no substitute

You need a complete list.
  • Options
    How do we know you're the real one?

I've seen Scooby Doo and Murder She Wrote, half the time it was the 'real' one all along.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is Henry Irving?
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Who is Henry Irving?

I think he died in 1905.

I'm very suspicious of all this.
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

Who is Henry Irving?

I think he died in 1905.

And in which year were Charlton Athletic formed?
  • Options
    Henry Irving was adopted by a group of supporters as Charltons own "Irving' because every other club seemed to have as "Irving" but us, they stumbled across a Henry Irving statue and said that can be our "Irving".

It then went on to become a telling point during fights, were there was opposition fans pretending to be Charlton fans, if they didn't know who Henry Irving was when chanting then they knew they were imposters.
  • Options
    In fairness to Nick (the parody Henry Irving), he was giving this ownership both barrels whilst half of our fanbase was still sat on the fence.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

In fairness to Nick (the parody Henry Irving), he was giving this ownership both barrels whilst half of our fanbase was still sat on the fence.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Options
    Addickted said:

cafctom said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

That depends, if it's a Roman Numeral clock and it's broken at 4 o'clock then it's never right.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

In fairness, he's a classless little guttersnipe of a man.
  • Options

Henry Irving was adopted by a group of supporters as Charltons own "Irving' because every other club seemed to have as "Irving" but us, they stumbled across a Henry Irving statue and said that can be our "Irving".

It then went on to become a telling point during fights, were there was opposition fans pretending to be Charlton fans, if they didn't know who Henry Irving was when chanting then they knew they were imposters.

So we've always been a bit weird*?

*not meaning unique
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I often think of our Henry sitting at his desk beavering away on the internet...

russellcotes.com/the-irving-room/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Add some dogging tips and I might follow you.
  • Options

Occasional views on Charlton Athletic, music, art, a little bit of politics and more Charlton Athletic.

Accept no substitute

You look good for 77
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Accept no substitute

You look good for 77
    And taller than Naby Sarr.

Seiously, thanks for your feedback, Henry.

• Options

Accept no substitute

Media tart, just trying to get lots of followers :smile:

Anyway, I prefer the "Surreal Henry Irving" account
  • Options

Accept no substitute

Media tart, just trying to get lots of followers :smile:

Anyway, I prefer the "Surreal Henry Irving" account
    Albatross sitting in a deckchair
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

Who is Henry Irving?

I think he died in 1905.

Shouldn't you know that? Check in the museum if not.
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

Who is Henry Irving?

I think he died in 1905.

Shouldn't you know that? Check in the museum if not.
    I'll do that, in hear the museum bods are brilliant.
  • Options
    Just followed