Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Three or four good reasons to attend the Player of the Year dinner

Katrien, Tony Cahones, David Joyes all scheduled to attend.

As will Chris Solly, Johnny Jackson, Stephen Henderson and others.

Should be a good evening.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    When is it, Henry?
  • Options
    Tickets please..
  • Options
    Sunday 1 May

Tickets via OS or ticket office.
  • Options
    Any chance of protests during this? Might have to pop along
  • Options
    Had something arranged, may now try to get there as haven't been for a couple of years.

@Fanny Fanackapan many tickets left?
  • Options
    Is there any toilet paper left in case anyone gets caught short?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options
    I do not know from where you got the idea that Katrien is attending . She has said nothing of the sort as of yesterday lunch time.
  • Options

If squirrel face attends, and I don't think she will be so silly to, the evening will not pass off without incident.
  • Options

If squirrel face attends, and I don't think she will be so silly to, the evening will not pass off without incident.
    Sadly due to childcare etc I can't make it - wanted to come this year anyway.
    I will look forward to the reports of how Meire survived the onslaught of bread rolls hurled across the banqueting suite. Amongst other things.... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016

I do not know from where you got the idea that Katrien is attending . She has said nothing of the sort as of yesterday lunch time.

Would doubt she'd go to the event she tried to get cancelled. Whatever she is, she's not stupid. Also, her security is paid for by the club at matches, she'd have to pay for their dinners at this. Doubt she's generous either.
  • Options

Any chance of protests during this? Might have to pop along

I reckon it'll unfold like this after the attendees have had a couple of Lambrinis...

dailymotion.com/video/x7jo69_scum-the-riot_shortfilms
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Had something arranged, may now try to get there as haven't been for a couple of years.

Hmmm, quite a lot, as you might expect this time...

Would be great to see more Lifers there to support the players, especially "our own" who may be playing on pastures new next season.

• Options
    I feel uncomfortable just reading this.

Should be great!
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Hmmm, quite a lot, as you might expect this time...

Would be great to see more Lifers there to support the players, especially "our own" who may be playing on pastures new next season.

Will see if I can sort it out, cheers
  • Options
    I don't have a ticket but can I get one on the night once it is confirmed squirrel face is there.

• Options
    Hi Henry, is next Thursday still on? Ie Q&A with Kevin Nolan in Beckenham?
  • Options
    Bromley Addicks is on for Thursday with Kevin Nolan. 8.00 start
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The best reason to attend would be to show support for the organisers efforts

It certainly is Cabbles. I made that point in the original POTY thread. I hope those who do go will be supportive of all their hard work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they are attending they should be asked no DEMANDED to leave!!

They aren't welcome at any fans events IMO!!

I would also be shocked if there was no protest at this event if they are present!

What happened to "they are the enemy"

Mixed msg :(

• Options
    Well, KillerJerryLee says that, as far as he knows, they aren't.

As far as I can make out (and I admit that I will be in Ireland) the argument is that it is by the fans for the fans (with player involvement).

I would be more than a little surprised if RM or KM would be foolish enough to attend.
  • Options
    Is there a student discount?! £37 seems a little steep for me. (Plus travel)
  • Options

Well, KillerJerryLee says that, as far as he knows, they aren't.

As far as I can make out (and I admit that I will be in Ireland) the argument is that it is by the fans for the fans (with player involvement).

I would be more than a little surprised if RM or KM would be foolish enough to attend.

It's certainly organised by the fans, and it's probably worth going to get some more insight from the players on the current situation - I was impressed by how candid xxxxx was at the sponsors evening during the week.

I guess it's in a bit of grey area with regards the "boycott all expenditure with this regieme". Catering is outsourced to DNC, and I think the organisers have been forced to use them, which in turn has influenced the (relatively) high price. This probably helps the club fulfill its contractual obligations with DNC which is a shame, but I doubt the impact will be massive.
  • Options
    If I was nearby, I'd go, because it's one of the last vestiges of our Charlton.
  • Options

cabbles said:

The best reason to attend would be to show support for the organisers efforts

It certainly is Cabbles. I made that point in the original POTY thread. I hope those who do go will be supportive of all their hard work.
    i actually refuse to vote simply because I don't feel any of them are deserving, however if I was going or thinking of going because you can get past the shocking performances then go to show your support for FF and co.

I just can't bring myself to vote this season
  • Options
    Players should walk out in protest or better still don't turn up its that simple .
  • Options
    boogica said:

Players should walk out in protest or better still don't turn up its that simple .

Most of them haven't turned up all season
  • Options
    Addickted said:

boogica said:

Most of them haven't turned up all season
    Beat me to it Addickted
  • Options

I don't have a ticket but can I get one on the night once it is confirmed squirrel face is there.

Afraid not, Elfs.

Would totally mess up my table plan !

Seriously, the deadline for sales is 5pm on Weds, 27th April.