Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I see you Meire, shaking that head, shaking that head!

Is that it?

Is that all she has to offer - a shake of the head when a flare came on?

From the pictures I've seen she remained stony-faced during the game staring ahead apart from the head shaking incident; although some reports suggest that there was an outbreak of the now traditional smirk or grin during the beach balls delay.

Given that Murray sitting next to her appears to say nothing to her during the game (indeed he appears to have lost the power of speech altogether) and the burly security guy to the other side of her doesn't look like he's having a barrel of laughs I guess Meire is reduced to this level of non-verbal communication.

In many ways I'd rather she lost it and started ranting at all those around her.

Instead this pathetic attempt to portray self-control just confirms that Meire has no self-awareness.
All we are witnessing is one of those sad situations where someone who relishes having been elevated unexpectedly into a position of power cannot contemplate giving it up and is willing to endure what is tantamount to public humiliation just so long as they can hold on to their VIP title and continue to dictate matters in-house and behind closed doors.

Meire - when on earth are you going to come to your senses?
and don't tell me I'm not helping - it's you who needs help - for crying out loud - you are detested - get out - go home.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    She may have been pondering how she got into this mess - that is if she had any self awareness! Amazing she hasn't jumped yet. Sadly, it has to be our target to make this happen - the owner needs that jolt. She can push the ejector seat button whenever she wants, until she does, she is fair game.
  • Options
    "They never mentioned this at Belgian law school."
  • Options
    How unique!
  • Options
    Was she actually there yesterday then... I thought I heard she'd stayed away?
  • Options
    Her 'let them eat cake' attitude is pathetic
  • Options
    What a very strange woman.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How come she's not showing off her new threads bought in Dubai?
  • Options
    I would have thought a more appropriate response to the level of discontent shown would have been for her to hang her head in shame at what has been done to our Club and the role she has played in it.
  • Options
    She has no shame!
  • Options
    She has lost a bit of weight by the looks of it. I am sure running this club into the ground is taking its toll.
  • Options
    She doesn't look healthy! I noticed that. Is it worth the money?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I would love it if someone walloped her with a CARD placard
  • Options
    The closing of the eyes is interesting - this is how such body language is interpreted

"Closing the eyes shuts out the world. This can mean 'I do not want to see what is in front of me, it is so terrible'.

Sometimes when people are talking they close their eyes. This is an equivalent to turning away so eye contact can be avoided and any implied request for the other person to speak is effectively ignored.

Visual thinkers may also close their eyes, sometimes when talking, so they can better see the internal images without external distraction."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just very very upsetting watching her and RM. I always (used) to like RM, thought he had CAFC'S best interests at heart tbh.
    Sad times for our club.
  • Options
    I'd love to hear the conversations between opposition counterparts after the game. The whole football world must see what's going on.
    Thick skinned old crab.
  • Options
    Her reaction is that of a head teacher when a naughty eight-year-old lets off a stink bomb. "Oh dear, when will you grow up ..."
  • Options
    Closing her eyes and grimacing?

I hope it's Thrush... or something she picked up in Dubai!
  • Options
    The grey haired gentleman in front of her.
    Which way is he facing?
    Only it might explain that wierd (wierd) look on her face.
  • Options
    It would not surprise me for Katrien Meire to be moved to another part of Duchatelet's operation in the Summer. That decision may have already been made from the look on her face at certain points during the game. Being at Charlton seemed to be the last place she wanted to be. (You never know, the Dubai holiday, may have been cover for some job interviews).

Riga, I thought, looked dejected and the the meeting with Duchatelet and Meire cannot have gone well. I suspect it is either continue on very poor terms - fired at the end of the season or / managing a very poor team next season with keeping your mouth shut about needing more resources or resign. Duchatelet playing hardball over his contract pay off.
  • Options
    vff said:

It would not surprise me for Katrien Meire to be moved to another part of Duchatelet's operation in the Summer. That decision may have already been made from the look on her face at certain points during the game. Being at Charlton seemed to be the last place she wanted to be. (You never know, the Dubai holiday, may have been cover for some job interviews).

Riga, I thought, looked dejected and the the meeting with Duchatelet and Meire cannot have gone well. I suspect it is either continue on very poor terms - fired at the end of the season or / managing a very poor team next season with keeping your mouth shut about needing more resources or resign. Duchatelet playing hardball over his contract pay off.

Given the personality of Duchatalet, I cant see Meire being moved on during the season, it would be tantamount to admitting defeat to the campaign. However, it would not surprise me to see her move on during the summer. To be honest in the two years she has been here she has spent 18 months under tremendous pressure, for her own health she should call it a day.
  • Options
    vff said:

Always thought that Duchatelet might swap around Meire and Valerie Gys (at Ujpest) even though I don't know if their roles are exactly comparable. Ujpest has Duchatelet's son in charge but Valerie Gys is known as an Operations Director at Ujpest.

She is Belgian (or French) young (late 20s?) and ambitious with a background in business and finance in leading electrical and private health care companies on the Continent.

Ideal credentials obviously in Roland's eyes for a senior role at Ujpest football club (Doh!!!)
    and likewise at Charlton no doubt.?

As a bonus her health care management expertise could come in handy at the NHS call-centre.
    Well, after all, RD is a man of vision I'm sure he will have considered that.
  • Options
    She looks skinny and hopefully unwell I'm sure it's the Rolland diet:

Reality free, Delusional, Bullshit only!