Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One 2016/17

Comments

• Options

cafctom said:

After doing a bit of research I've learned that Fleetwood doesn't have a station within five miles.

Accrington Stanley at home will probably generate the smallest league crowd in Charlton history.

We could have been going to a 50k seater stadium in Newcastle. Does Rochdale even have 50 seats?

What even is a Port Vale?

There's a tram from Blackpool to Accrington. More importantly, there's one back to Blackpool.

Port Vale is in Stoke. I was talking to a guy who worked in the potteries, he said some away football supporters game out of the station and, thinking PORT Vale was somewhere on the coast, asked him where the beach was.
    You can also get a tram from Blackpool to Fleetwood?
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley away first game of the season please!!

PROPER fixture!
  • Options
    Their ground is as bad as Ebbsfleet!!

• Options
    Wonder if they'll do free coaches next season?!
  • Options

Never seen that side before. That's Scottish lower league level! If there's a struggle for tickets you can watch for free from the grass bank!
  • Options
    Accrington home and away might be my only 2 games next year.

Do we start early doors in the FA cup too?
  • Options

Never seen that side before. That's Scottish lower league level! If there's a struggle for tickets you can watch for free from the grass bank!
    Now, let's not exaggerate. I've been to a couple of Scottish lower league and Highland league grounds and that is a LOT better than them.
  • Options
    Is anyone else looking forward to the JPT and the {...} unique rule that a strong team has to be fielded in every round?
  • Options
    ..........Christ, I completely forgot about the tin pot trophy.

FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Potentially 10 teams in League 1 next season who have played in the Premier League (as in the topflight '92 on wards)

Barnsley
    Blackpool
    Bolton Wanderers
    Bradford
    Charlton Athletic
    Coventry City
    Oldham Athletic
    Portsmouth
    Sheffield United
    Swindon Town

If we can't get the regime change we want, I really hope the Belgian Mafia don't underestimate just how bloody tough it is to get back out of there (going upwards anyway) once you drop in. I rather suspect/fear that they will though.

You could arguably consider either MK Dons or AFC Wimbledon (depending on your viewpoint) to be the modern version of the old Wimbledon, which adds another to your list.
  • Options
    I miss 2011/12.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Can't wait. Put your seat belts on cause this is going to be a long... fall.
  • Options
    ....And Sheff Utd will not come good either!!
  • Options
    IA said:

IA said:

Bury away on a Tuesday night in January probably won't see too many threads from people moaning about ticket allocations and why Valley gold members who never travel away get priority.

Thank God for Bury away. With Fleetwood potentially being relegated, I was worried that we'd miss out on the chance to get the tram to an away ground. :smile:

Boundary Park is probably my least favourite away ground so far, so it's great that Oldham will be there too.
    Who also have a tram.
    Did Oldham have a tram when we played there before?
    Was being built.

It's great, I now collect tram numbers.
  • Options
    How we will fair in league one....

I think RD will be stupid an naively confident he can turn this around. That's obvious.

We are hearing from a lot of corners now - they ain't going anywhere. They will not consider the possibility of selling. That's the current attitude anyway.

"Roland does it his way and the fans need to accept that" - is a chilling quote that's oh so relevant going into the new season.

Ah the rest of league one and our potential opponents....
    Can't even think about competitive football again until internal destruction has stopped.

I don't know it's just awful.
  • Options
    I don't think we will get any international breaks in League 1 so football every week.
  • Options
    We are going to get taken to the cleaners in this league...
  • Options
    never will we need the experience of a manager who has had experience in the English leagues more and I'd like some hard nosed bastard. teams like Accie will love coming to The Valley to turn us over.

but we all know full well that we will not get an experienced, competent manager because Ducktape does it his way.

honestly think we'll struggle, especially if player recruitment is anything like it has been for the last couple of years.
  • Options
    all those looking forward to visiting Stanley next season .. better wait to see if Stan gets promoted ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Accrington finish the season away @ Wycombe and home @ Stevenage and are second in the Form table... Bristol Rovers are the only team from the Play-Offs that can catch them finish with York and Dagenham.

Is going to be a tough set of Play-Offs this season for sure across all three Divisions, wouldnt like to pick any winners.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    fixtures released 22/06/2016 please bury away firtst, only messing southend and a piss up on the coast please and maybe a trip to the foresters haha
  • Options

fixtures released 22/06/2016 please bury away firtst, only messing southend and a piss up on the coast please and maybe a trip to the foresters haha

Planning to come out of my Running Retirement this year after a 10-year absense, either want Charlton to be away in some remote Northern location on 22nd October or for them to be away @ Portsmouth (if they come up) as doing the Great South Run there!!
  • Options
    should say anyone have any favourable games as 1st game of the season,
  • Options

Oxford away.
  • Options

....And Sheff Utd will not come good either!!

Oh yes they will, big year next year :smile:
  • Options

Southend away.
    Would take a shed load of fans there for a couple of reasons.
    The summer without football- many will be chomping at the bit to see a game, sunny day at Southend would be perfect.
    We won't have endured a seasons worth of embarrassment at that point.
  • Options
    But after being trounced 5-0 it will be a long season.
  • Options

Blades or Scunny 'Steelers' away .. nice close home run for me and a 'sharp' start to the season for whatever eleven is on the books for us
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    really glad were not playing coventry any time near to this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2639650/The-Crufts-TARANTULAS-30-000-spiders-compete-best-judged-glossy-coats-colouring-pose.html

never really get people that have these as pets.