Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Plymouth if they get promoted or Swindon.
  • Options
    At least there will be plenty of chances about how we can tell the northern men that they may be a tad heavy handed with their wives.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    There are two options for next season. The management could recognise that mistakes have been made with inadequate players and small squad, keep most of the decent players (many injured much of the season) and invest for an immediate return to Championship. Alternatively they can assess their budget based on ST sales south of 5k, reduced Sky money and sponsorship, and fund the playing squad accordingly, flirting with L2.

Given that Bauer is reportedly talking to 6 or 7 clubs, it seems we are embarking on the cheapskate option. Fcuk off Roland!!!!!
  • Options
    Luckily we have a manager and owner who have been in this league and know what it's all about...

Or not....
  • Options
    I'd rather poke myself in the eye than go to fleetwood
  • Options
    Still the support at fleetwood could sing 'tell me lies tell me sweet little lies' in between the 'Roland out' chants.
  • Options

I'd rather poke myself in the eye than go to fleetwood

Well, you can go your own way if you like.
  • Options
    I can't believe I'm keeping on supplying second hand news here.

KM And her sugar daddy depress me. I'm never going back again.

And so it can go on.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to Fleetwood. New ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even on a cold Tuesday night in November?
  • Options
    Accrington is THE away game of next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Bolton Wanderers
    Bury
    Charlton Athletic
    Chesterfield
    Coventry City
    MK Dons
    Northampton Town
    Oldham Athletic
    Peterborough United
    Port Vale
    Rochdale
    Sheffield United
    Shrewsbury Town
    Southend United
    Swindon Town

There's only one team who will get promoted via the League One playoffs so we'll be facing the remaining five of this group:

Millwall
    Walsall
    Bradford
    Barnsley
    Gillingham
    Scunthorpe

Promoted alongside Northampton will be three (two auto - one playoffs) of the following six teams:

Accrington Stanley
    Oxford United
    Bristol Rovers
    Plymouth Argyle
    Portsmouth
    AFC Wimbledon

>Teams in italics cannot get autos

The 24th and final team will be one of Doncaster, Fleetwood Town and Blackpool who are fighting it out over the last remaining relegation spot in League One.
  • Options
    Doncaster are realistically down, barring an amazing turnaround in goal difference

Walsall could still get automatic if they win their last 2 matches, and Burton slip up, though it's unlikely. I'd prefer a trip to Burton than Walsall, better pubs and the national brewing museum!

• Options
    My son asked yesterday whether fleet wood were a good team. Had to say no, but can realistically see losin to them next season under current ownership.

Not good.
  • Options
    Look on the bright side, we might get to play at Highbury next season
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Fleetwood doesn't have a train station. Just putting that out there.
  • Options
    Be good to see Parky back at The Valley, though I kind of fancy Bradford for the playoffs
  • Options
    I'd quite like to see AFC Wimbledon and Portsmouth go up, though obviously that's not possible. There are other threads about how AFC Wimbledon conduct themselves, but for me a fan owned, democratically operated club should be celebrated. That said, would love a trip to Fratton Park, I've heard it's one of the "old fashion English grounds" which presumably means it's a freezing cold shithole with great atmosphere. Also, with everything they've gone through, their supporters deserve a promotion (worth noting that's another team that is fan owned).
  • Options
    Hoping Bradford/ Walsall gain promotion.

I want Fleetwood to stay up

Accrington/Bristol and Wimbledon go up.

Fixture list has matches on NYE. Having to spend new years in Accrington would be a new low whilst following Charlton

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Has a tram stop though.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    waldo said:

cafctom said:

After doing a bit of research I've learned that Fleetwood doesn't have a station within five miles.

Accrington Stanley at home will probably generate the smallest league crowd in Charlton history.

We could have been going to a 50k seater stadium in Newcastle. Does Rochdale even have 50 seats?

What even is a Port Vale?

There's a tram from Blackpool to Accrington. More importantly, there's one back to Blackpool.

Port Vale is in Stoke. I was talking to a guy who worked in the potteries, he said some away football supporters game out of the station and, thinking PORT Vale was somewhere on the coast, asked him where the beach was.
    You can also get a tram from Blackpool to Fleetwood?
    Wimbledon has had trams for the past 15(?) years so you won't have to travel far to ride one if they get promoted

Of course, I forgot to mention they don't actually play in Wimbledon, or even Merton for that matter
  • Options

Fixture list has matches on NYE. Having to spend new years in Accrington would be a new low whilst following Charlton

Don't worry. Accrington is near Burnley, so you can spend new years there...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Just discovered Fleetwoods nickname is the cod army, and that that they play at the Highbury stadium , with a capacity of just over 5000, I'm not being snobby but I never thought it would come to this.

It gets better Accrington play at the 'wham' stadium, I thought we'd got shot of them 30 years ago!
  • Options
    edited May 2016

But the away end is a terrace. The problem is it only holds 1100 and there are hundreds on CL alone, who have pledged to going away instead of home.

I just pray that I can get a ticket. Presumably all the lifers will be queing at 9am on a Monday morning to secure their tickets.
  • Options

It gets better Accrington play at the 'wham' stadium, I thought we'd got shot of them 30 years ago!

Wake me up before you go go there
  • Options
    12/1 on skybet to win League One.

• Options

But the away end is a terrace. The problem is it only holds 1100 and there are hundreds on CL alone, who have pledged to going away instead of home.

I just pray that I can get a ticket. Presumably all the lifers will be queing at 9am on a Monday morning to secure their tickets.
    Rochdale, Oldham and Bury, no end of attractive away games next season, I imagine those people who've renewed their season tickets already only did so to get to the front of the queue
  • Options

Rochdale, Oldham and Bury, no end of attractive away games next season, I imagine those people who've renewed their season tickets already only did so to get to the front of the queue
    Have family in Manchester so those 3 will be ones il be attending purely for a weekends away.....which means they will probably be midweek games.
  • Options

I don't think it's fair on Rochdale or Bury (both decent imo) to lump them in with the shithole that is Boundary Park.