Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-Ticket Desperation

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
It's as if the the inner cabal at the club live in a parallel world where everything is warm and cuddly. That can be the only explanation for someone posting this on Facebook and not expecting the torrent of less-than-happy replies which followed. I guess it could be an experiment to see what people think without actually speaking to them ... if so, they won't like what they read.

Comments

• Did you see the one that advertised the Burnley match, but dated it as 7 April?
  • edited April 2016
    That's an advert as part of a digital advertising campaign. It will probably be carried out by a digital agency, so it would be interesting to know which agency they are using, and whether they have told the agency what the current situation is at the club.

I bet they've made it all sound rosy, so this agency will be baffled when they produce some of their worst results ever with no one clicking to buy!
  • What can they do?

They have to advertise the STs. They sold some and they will sell some more. They have to try.

But no matter how good or frequent the advertising it isn't going to shift the views of many
  • What can they do?

They have to advertise the STs. They sold some and they will sell some more. They have to try.

But no matter how good or frequent the advertising it isn't going to shift the views of many

Accept they have to market, but they have hammered the regulars with offers and the response has been poor. If I were in their shoes I would leave it until late June when some of the memories have faded, or look to attract new support. Just sending the same tired message to a Facebook group who are openly aggressive to most club posts is asking for the abusive replies they are getting.
  • What can they do?

Very few season tickets, if any, are going to be sold in this period AND in response to this kind of advertising IMO. They know who their "customers" are. They should be working up a credible narrative, sharing it, and backing it up with actions. Then start marketing again in June.
    I was with you until the "credible narrative and... backing it up with actions" bit ; - )

In the meantime, as you know, they have Tony Cahones on their backs demanding that every non renewing fan is rung to find out why.
    Lol, Tony really has them doing that??? They may as well save money on the phone bill as anybody with any sense knows the reason why people are not renewing.
  • What can they do?

Very few season tickets, if any, are going to be sold in this period AND in response to this kind of advertising IMO. They know who their "customers" are. They should be working up a credible narrative, sharing it, and backing it up with actions. Then start marketing again in June.
    I was with you until the "credible narrative and... backing it up with actions" bit ; - )

In the meantime, as you know, they have Tony Cahones on their backs demanding that every non renewing fan is rung to find out why.
    Lol, Tony really has them doing that??? They may as well save money on the phone bill as anybody with any sense knows the reason why people are not renewing.
    Maybe he does not go on matchdays!!
  • Sponsored links:

• What can they do?

Advertise with the useless shower they have saddled us with. Reza and Naby Sarr, not one of our own.
  • What can they do?

Heard that some fans have had emails/calls, but I've had a ST for 24 consecutive seasons, I've not renewed, and have not had any communication from the club apart from the initial renewal from that was sent to me.

If and when I receive a phone call I'll be sure to make small talk (such as asking what the weather is like over there in North Korea at this time of year), before telling the pour soul exactly why I haven't renewed.
  • What can they do?

Heard that some fans have had emails/calls, but I've had a ST for 24 consecutive seasons, I've not renewed, and have not had any communication from the club apart from the initial renewal from that was sent to me.

If and when I receive a phone call I'll be sure to make small talk (such as asking what the weather is like over there in North Korea at this time of year), before telling the pour soul exactly why I haven't renewed.
    I'm in a similar situation, and I've not heard anything either.

The thing is, it wouldn't make sense to renew now. Anyone who wanted to renew early (for whatever reason) would have done so before the 1st deadline, kept their seat (not that there's much risk of losing it to newcomers) and saved themselves £25.

There may have been people who hadn't renewed because they were waiting to see if we stayed up or not... well we didn't, so that reason is also out.

So unless anything significant happens, it's a waste of everyone's time and energy to chase people to renew.
  • Season ticket for over 40 years and no contact as yet.
  • What can they do?

Mr Tony Southstand doesn't appear to be the hands on type, but I do wish he phone and ask me. Come on Tone' I'd love to hear from you.

My mate has a couple of season tickets in west upper and lounge pass. He has had two phone calls asking him to renew.

I wonder why those not called are not as valued? ☺
  • Well they must be getting desperate as they called me today. I haven't had a season ticket for a number of years (due to Uni, Cricket and other commitments). I do have a fairly regular purchase history though. They asked me if I was considering buying a season ticket I gave a resounding no and said that the only reason I would be attending until Roland left would be to protest. (Watch I'm gonna get refused Burnley tickets now) but that I'd happily consider buying a season ticket when Roland has sold.

Didn't think to ask for Tony.
  • Missed It said:

It does seem brainless and inconsistent to try and market season tickets to people who have just had their guaranteed seat released for general sale. If they weren't buying before, why would they buy now?

If they'd kept the seats reserved until mid-summer they would have at least had an opportunity to show intent by signing some decent footballers, appointing a proper manager and chief scout or other miraculous stuff like that.
    Try reducing the price for shitty League One football. £175 for every seat in the place could tempt a few back.

This is where their previous spiteful, arm-twisting 'marketing' has left them. A largely empty Valley except for the Covered End which will be full of pissed off customers within easy throwing distance of the pitch.

This. The season ticket marketing and pricing structure for 2017-18 basically entails moving the cheap seats and being as strict as possible on the early bird date which was all probably decided in one short meeting. Absolutely pathetic especially at a time when they need to work harder than ever to convince fans to renew. Katrien et al, you are truly rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also, for those being contacted by the club (I'm still waiting!); are you being offered the early bird price or any other incentives to renew?

I reckon I already know the answer.
  • Well I didn't even get a renewal form. I feel victimised.
  • What can they do?

I simply can't wait for that phone call.
  • Well they must be getting desperate as they called me today. I haven't had a season ticket for a number of years (due to Uni, Cricket and other commitments). I do have a fairly regular purchase history though. They asked me if I was considering buying a season ticket I gave a resounding no and said that the only reason I would be attending until Roland left would be to protest. (Watch I'm gonna get refused Burnley tickets now) but that I'd happily consider buying a season ticket when Roland has sold.

What response did you get when you told them, @cantersaddick ? It would be interesting to know exactly how they reacted, ie did they give you the impression they would take it on board (seeing as it's genuine, attributable, heart-felt feedback from a customer (yes, I know, that word!)).

The whole exercise *should* be about getting proper, meaningful feedback, even if they can't immediately implement what is to obviously needed. So, did they listen? Or just put the phone down?
  • Chizz said:

Well they must be getting desperate as they called me today. I haven't had a season ticket for a number of years (due to Uni, Cricket and other commitments). I do have a fairly regular purchase history though. They asked me if I was considering buying a season ticket I gave a resounding no and said that the only reason I would be attending until Roland left would be to protest. (Watch I'm gonna get refused Burnley tickets now) but that I'd happily consider buying a season ticket when Roland has sold.

What response did you get when you told them, @cantersaddick ? It would be interesting to know exactly how they reacted, ie did they give you the impression they would take it on board (seeing as it's genuine, attributable, heart-felt feedback from a customer (yes, I know, that word!)).

The whole exercise *should* be about getting proper, meaningful feedback, even if they can't immediately implement what is to obviously needed. So, did they listen? Or just put the phone down?
    It was very much an 'okay another one of those' sigh... kind of response. I did feel slightly sorry for the lady. She has probably had quite a large number of people vent at her for nothing she has done. Simply because that phone call is the closest anyone has come to communication from the club in months.

My mate has a couple of season tickets in west upper and lounge pass. He has had two phone calls asking him to renew.

I wonder why those not called are not as valued? ☺
    Too old??!!
  • Are the calls recorded 'for quality and training purposes'? Hohoho!!
  • A few years ago a guy I know was not going to renew his Boston Celtics season tickets. His rep called him and asked what they could do to change his mind. He said he'd reconsider if the General Manager, Danny Ainge, called him. 30 minutes later Ainge called. Talked for 15 minutes saying they were trying hard to improve the team. Talked him into renewing.

A few weeks later they traded for Kevin Garnett and that season they won the championship.

If Katy called and promised big changes, do we think anyone would change their mind.
  • They must be spending quite a lot on that Facebook advertising - it will be aimed only at Charlton fans or those in the catchment area/perhaps football fans. But each view or person it's shown to it will cost them. I highly doubt they are going to do well this coming season from ticket income, they'll give more away as freebies and spend such a huge proportion of it on wages/advertising etc.