Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC preparing for onslaught vs Burnley

Comments

• Options

If this is true those who have a season tickets in those seats should surely be told they aren't allowed in their seats and have been allocated others. Along with something extra for the inconvenience.

Maybe they will really push the boat out and give them a £7.50 meal deal voucher.

Personally I'd punish them even further and give the unlucky people a season ticket for next season.

One thing that has occurred to me, some of the people that sit is these seats could be Roland sympathisers - be interesting to know what they think of their hero if this does happen.
    Are there really any of them left?
  • Options
    drewman said:

If this is true those who have a season tickets in those seats should surely be told they aren't allowed in their seats and have been allocated others. Along with something extra for the inconvenience.

Maybe they will really push the boat out and give them a £7.50 meal deal voucher.

Personally I'd punish them even further and give the unlucky people a season ticket for next season.

One thing that has occurred to me, some of the people that sit is these seats could be Roland sympathisers - be interesting to know what they think of their hero if this does happen.
    About 4000 of them ;)
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

drewman said:

About 4000 of them ;)
    Are they though? Or are they people who for their own personal reasons still want to go regardless of the owner? Not saying I agree but last home game I had a heated debate with someone I have sat next to for 18 years about the protests. I couldn't believe how different our views were and he effectively thought we should all just accept what's happening as things have been worse in the past! He was annoyed by the protests and said he 'Just wanted to watch a game'.
    One of the 2%?
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

drewman said:

About 4000 of them ;)
    Are they though? Or are they people who for their own personal reasons still want to go regardless of the owner? Not saying I agree but last home game I had a heated debate with someone I have sat next to for 18 years about the protests. I couldn't believe how different our views were and he effectively thought we should all just accept what's happening as things have been worse in the past! He was annoyed by the protests and said he 'Just wanted to watch a game'.
    One of the 2%?
    Do you sit in the directors box?
  • Options
    TeslaGirl said:

aliwibble said:

I tried this morning to book online but gave up and went to the ground.

My Mrs is coming. A pitbull with pmt.

I hope for your sake she doesn't find out you described her as that.
    She's lovely really and although she has no interest in football she 'gets' what we are doing.
    Besides that she plays cricket and has quite an arm on her.
    Then we need her at the match. Some people (that will include me) are crap at throwing things.
    That's why I've still got my stress ball. Once upon a time when I was a lot younger and still playing cricket I'd have probably easily made the centre circle from my seat in the upper north but a lack of practice at throwing things meant that there's a good chance somebody in the lower north could have been hit on the head, or I could have put my shoulder out, or more likely both.
  • Options

TeslaGirl said:

aliwibble said:

I tried this morning to book online but gave up and went to the ground.

My Mrs is coming. A pitbull with pmt.

I hope for your sake she doesn't find out you described her as that.
    She's lovely really and although she has no interest in football she 'gets' what we are doing.
    Besides that she plays cricket and has quite an arm on her.
    Then we need her at the match. Some people (that will include me) are crap at throwing things.
    That's why I've still got my stress ball. Once upon a time when I was a lot younger and still playing cricket I'd have probably easily made the centre circle from my seat in the upper north but a lack of practice at throwing things meant that there's a good chance somebody in the lower north could have been hit on the head, or I could have put my shoulder out, or more likely both.
    Come to think of it, I can't recall anybody managing to reach the centre circle with their throw...all you young lads in the upper north are shit at throwing as well, what's the country coming to ?
  • Options
    I have been trying to buy some tickets for my grandchildren as they want to come to what will be my last game at the Valley until regime change. I have been a supporter for 45 years and a season ticket holder since 1992 as are my 2 daughters(season ticket holders that is). The website is constantly out of service. Anyone else had this problem. Are they not selling tickets at all now. Obviously I will ring the NHS call centre tomorrow and speak to the ticket doctor but thought I would ask here.
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

drewman said:

About 4000 of them ;)
    One of the 2%?
    I did put a ;) you know.

The debate has died a slow painful death on other threads.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

ChiAddick said:

drewman said:

About 4000 of them ;)
    One of the 2%?
    I did put a ;) you know.

The debate has died a slow painful death on other threads.
    Haha! I was astounded as I felt I knew this chap but shows you don't. By the way, it's not the Directors Box! West Upper and I wish I was close enough to give the Meirecat an earbashing each week.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Plenty at the POTY do apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have been trying to buy some tickets for my grandchildren as they want to come to what will be my last game at the Valley until regime change. I have been a supporter for 45 years and a season ticket holder since 1992 as are my 2 daughters(season ticket holders that is). The website is constantly out of service. Anyone else had this problem. Are they not selling tickets at all now. Obviously I will ring the NHS call centre tomorrow and speak to the ticket doctor but thought I would ask here.

Same here. I think they want to sell as few tickets as possible.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

Same here. I think they want to sell as few tickets as possible.
    With only 3,000 season tickets holders next season the ground share with Orient is still a goer...
  • Options
    I can't get on the ticket sales part of the website either
  • Options
    You have to log in to buy tickets for the Burnley match.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

I could only do this on my PC. iPhone would not let me log in.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

Dansk_Red said:

I could only do this on my PC. iPhone would not let me log in.
    You can do it on smart phones. Go to the tickets page and it seems not to be working. Hit the menu (three horizontal lines) and it gives the 'log in' option.
  • Options
    Often have to "request desktop site" from iPhone before you can log in to some websites too
  • Options
    Been trying since Friday and still no luck. Have pointed it out in an email exchange to the ticket office who are passing it to their IT helpdesk.

Even when you login, the ticket page doesn't display. Tried it from both x86 PC and Ipad, both give the same error.

• Options

Been trying since Friday and still no luck. Have pointed it out in an email exchange to the ticket office who are passing it to their IT helpdesk.

Even when you login, the ticket page doesn't display. Tried it from both x86 PC and Ipad, both give the same error.

You'll have to accept that it's personal
  • Options

get on yer bike.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You'll have to accept that it's personal
    I knew it was dodgy owning up to the fact that I want to give money to these twats!
    I've been found out.
  • Options

get on yer bike.
    It looks like I'll have to.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Iv got a couple Bournmouth fans here on the sofa, left over from last season. Could you fit them in ?

They will cheer for anyone, I sit them on the sofa and let them support the other team whenever I'm watching a game at home, adds to the atmosphere. They are very clean, and from a non smoking pet free home.
  • Options
    How tall are they?
  • Options
    Someone smuggle in some white paint and use the 'netting' for more anti-Duchatelet messages. Saves on making new banners.
  • Options
    Do they still make tippex pens? May have room in my suitcase sized pencil case...
  • Options

So far, in my rucksack for searching at the Burnley game, I have:

My grand-daughters nappy from Sunday
    3 pre-sprung mouse traps
    Various fishing hooks (loose)
    Yesterdays lunch (an egg sandwich)
    A urine sample for my doctor (due on Monday)
    My lycra shorts from Sunday's ride.

There's still some room left.

I'll start keeping some bits to one side for you to take. So far I've got:
    2 used cotton buds
    A half tube of anusol
    some left over spaghetti bolognese
    And a condom - "used but tied"

I probably ought to point out they they were all used at separate times - i can almost here Dave Mehmets brain ticking.

I should hope so Ricky, especially the half tube and Spaghetti.