Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds v Charlton | Sat 30 Apr | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic
Saturday 30 April 2016 … 3pm Kick-Off
Referee: Keith Hill (Hertfordshire)

Introduction

Well; here we are… It’s the penultimate game of the season... Forty-Four games have been played with the Addicks travelling up and down the country, it’s not been a season to remember as our last trip on the road confirmed what we’ve all known for a long time (which is that we’ll be playing League One football once more).

Yet with two games to play there is still time to regain a little pride… One word which no doubt sends shivers down Addicks fans is: Yorkshire... On five occasions Charlton have been forced to travel to this county which has seen us ship eighteen goals, unfortunately our penultimate game sees us return to that damn county as we visit Leeds United.

The Opposition
Name: Leeds United | Manager: Steve Evans
Ground: Elland Road | Nickname: The Whites

If there was a team which was ran as poorly as Charlton at the moment you’d instantly think of either Blackpool or our opponents this weekend; Massimo Cellino, the Leeds boss is certainly not afraid to make a decision this season and like our beloved Roland is on to his third Manager in the last year…

In terms of on the pitch, Leeds were promoted back to the Championship in 2010 yet since that return have never looked like mounting a serious promotion challenge and have forever had to settle for mid-table, that doesn’t look set to change this season either so the fact that Leeds fans will get a 50% refund on their season tickets IF their side don’t make the play-offs next year seems a mind boggling decision.

Charlton Team News
Is he out with a proper injury or is he out of the side because he’s got a big mouth…? They’re the biggest questions being raised in relation to Chris Solly who has disappeared from the side since being subbed against Derby two weeks ago… Whether we’ll see him again this season or whether we’ll see him in a Charlton shirt again is debatable yet will be a sad way for player to leave, especially one who has been extremely loyal these past seven years since making his debut in 2009.

In other squad news; it has been confirmed that Patrick Bauer will miss the rest of the season (whether that is due to injury or whether it’s to protect him from being actually injured is also debatable) whilst it’ll be doubtful whether we see Yaya Sanogo again who limped off (or maybe because he couldn’t be bothered) against Brighton & Hove Albion.

Pope
Fanni … Teixeira … Lennon … Fox
Gudmundsson … Cousins … Diarra … Harriott
Lookman … Vetokele

Substitutes Bench: Mitov … Motta … Bergdich … Jackson … Makienok … Young … Konsa

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Pope
    Motta… Teixeira … Fanni … Fox
    Lookman … Vetokele

Substitutes Bench: Mitov … Lennon … Bergdich … Jackson … Makienok … Young … Ahearne-Grant

0-2 The Haddocks win.
  • Options
    Battle of the shit owners. Leeds fans disrupt the game chanting "Time to go, Massimo" as they make their way across the pitch towards the directors box with a few minutes remaining and the ref takes the players off.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Pope
    Lookman … Vetokele

Substitutes Bench: Mitov … Lennon … Bergdich … Jackson … Makienok … Young … Ahearne-Grant
    0-2 The Haddocks win.

Haddocks??? Welcome to Charlton Life Tony Cahones :smile:
  • Options
    It'd be nice to see Konsa, Regen Charles-Cook, and maybe one more youth player (Hanlan, Umerah, Lapslie) at least make the bench.

That said, I can't figure out when the U-21s playoff semi-final against Sheffield United is, but if it's Monday I suspect the players may be rested for that.
  • Options
    Charlton end their away fixtures in familiar style

Leeds 3 Charlton 0
  • Options
    We've had a good few results against Leeds since Mr McCormack put 4 past us.
    Leeds supporters' protests have all but ceased since they picked up a few wins so I won't be expecting any sympathy from them in the stands.
    Going for 2-0 leeds.
  • Options
    3-0 Leeds.
  • Options
    Either 2-1 Leeds or 2-0 to us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pointless game, hope the team get a win for the diehards travelling up.
  • Options

Leeds supporters' protests have all but ceased since they picked up a few wins so I won't be expecting any sympathy from them in the stands.
    Going for 2-0 leeds.

I don't think anyone ever expects sympathy from Leeds fans about anything!
  • Options

Going for 2-0 leeds.

I don't think anyone ever expects sympathy from Leeds fans about anything!
    True but a few weeks ago there was talk of a joint protest.
    I happen to know that they actually are planning something and are asking for £750 in donations to do so. No idea what it is mind.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Pope
    Lookman … Vetokele

0-2 The Haddocks win.

Check the very first article written about cafc in 1908.

By 1910 we became the Addicks.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Pope
    Lookman … Vetokele

0-2 The Haddocks win.
    Check the very first article written about cafc in 1908.

By 1910 we became the Addicks.

Lol, I know what you have been reading for the last 2 hours, good comeback :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    3-0. Going down with a whoosh as the toilet flushes the shit down the loo.
  • Options
    10 nil to Charlton
  • Options
    Not really!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hopefully the players will try and play for some pride. The season has been a disaster both on and off the field, it has been a season to forget for all Charlton fans customers, many of who will not be back for the 16/17 season.
    I will not be doing the match thread this week, I'm taking some time off after my heart re-shock earlier in the week. I will be back for the Burnley match if its not on TV. As for this weeks result, I hope for a draw 1-1, but reckon we'll get stuffed again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hopefully the players will try and play for some pride. The season has been a disaster both on and off the field, it has been a season to forget for all Charlton fans customers, many of who will not be back for the 16/17 season.
    I will not be doing the match thread this week, I'm taking some time off after my heart re-shock earlier in the week. I will be back for the Burnley match if its not on TV. As for this weeks result, I hope for a draw 1-1, but reckon we'll get stuffed again.

As I mentioned earlier Red, I will not be available to add any comments either, let us hope Seth or someone else can do it this week, and I will not be around for the last game either
  • Options
    I won't be available Saturday as I'm moving up to Oregon but I could potentially do the Burnley game if you allows newbies/first timers to do it (no offense if not). Never done a minute-by-minute but I've read a lot of them and always wanted to do one.

I have a degree in literature...which really just makes me qualified to turn updates into rubbish lines of poetry and not much else.
  • Options

To be fair to the players, other than perhaps the Bolton game, they have been trying their best the last few weeks. They at least look as if they care
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I guess they don't have a well funded protest fund then? Still I guess I probably wouldn't give a tenner to a Leeds fan who said he was going to keep it and use it for protests, just trust me like.
  • Options
    4-0 defeat.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I officially couldn't give a flying f............
    Good preview though FA. Cheers.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

As I mentioned earlier Red, I will not be available to add any comments either, let us hope Seth or someone else can do it this week, and I will not be around for the last game either
    Dubai?
  • Options
    bothered!!! 15-0 to Shrewsbury
  • Options
    For the 150 that make the effort I hope we play well and get a result

As a prediction 0-2