Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds v Charlton | Sat 30 Apr | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to the travelling few ....
    Non league away numbers , for a club that may one day playing in a division that their away numbers deserve
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    ross1 said:

Hopefully the players will try and play for some pride. The season has been a disaster both on and off the field, it has been a season to forget for all Charlton fans customers, many of who will not be back for the 16/17 season.
    I will not be doing the match thread this week, I'm taking some time off after my heart re-shock earlier in the week. I will be back for the Burnley match if its not on TV. As for this weeks result, I hope for a draw 1-1, but reckon we'll get stuffed again.

As I mentioned earlier Red, I will not be available to add any comments either, let us hope Seth or someone else can do it this week, and I will not be around for the last game either
    Not worry @ross1, I'll ask seth if he can do it.
  • Options
    Good luck to the hardy few I salute you and for your sake I hope we get a result.

Frankly thought I can't see it

2-0 Leeds
  • Options
    are there any plans for acts of solidarity with the leeds fans?
  • Options
    "We're Charlton Athletic, we're champions of Europe"
  • Options
    the result of this match has absolutely no significance to either side so we should only play players who it is expected will be here next season so how about:

Pope
    Solly Lennon Diarra? Fox
    Lookman Cousins Jackson Harriott
    Umerah KAG

I'm sure others than me have a better idea of which junior players could fit in
  • Options
    As it doesn't matter I find myself looking back to when we watched Scott Parker scored a beauty, and I say to myself, what the f... has happened since, hats off to those going.
  • Options

"We're Charlton Athletic, we're champions of Europe"

In the first 20 minutes we'll hear the home fans behind the goal to our right singing to the tune of Tom Hark "We loov Leeds!"
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I won't be available Saturday as I'm moving up to Oregon but I could potentially do the Burnley game if you allows newbies/first timers to do it (no offense if not). Never done a minute-by-minute but I've read a lot of them and always wanted to do one.

I have a degree in literature...which really just makes me qualified to turn updates into rubbish lines of poetry and not much else.

I'm all for a bit of culture which has been sadly lacking since the Charlton Aesthetic blog dwindled into nothingness.
  • Options
    Sigh ..... Is the season really still going?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

the result of this match has absolutely no significance to either side so we should only play players who it is expected will be here next season so how about:

Pope
    Solly Lennon Diarra? Fox
    Lookman Cousins Jackson Harriott
    Umerah KAG

I'm sure others than me have a better idea of which junior players could fit in

Not sure about Diarra and Lookman.
  • Options
    5-5 thriller
  • Options
    0-1 George Lapslie.
  • Options
    Very sad season indeed. Leeds win 3-0 but who really cares?
  • Options
    We decided to give this a miss particularly as the tickets were ridiculously priced at £37. Unbelievable to see that they will now cost £42 should anyone need to pay at the gate.
  • Options
    3-1 to Charlton. Our boys are all putting themselves in the shop window for a summer escape plan. Best performance all season.
  • Options
    I hope we wear the purple kit. I really like the purple kit, I think it's subtle and classy.
  • Options
    2-3 to us, but that's pretty optimistic seeing as we probably wont put the ball in the back of the net 3 times.
  • Options
    Makienok hat-trick
  • Options
    The players Holidays started about late September, they will be wearing flip flops for this fixture. A 4-0 win for dirty Leeds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yet more protests reported as play gets delayed 5 minutes when towel gets thrown onto pitch at 5-0 down. Fans call for widespread condemnation of game disruption.
  • Options
    Sitting in the Leeds end today for this one. I hope we stuff 'em so they're not more unbearable than they already are. COYR.
  • Options
    Interesting to know that we haven't lost at Elland Road since 2000
  • Options
    Have we got a game today ?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    3-0 defeat and i couldnt care less to be honest. I just wan't it to be all over. #RolandOut

Edit* I mean the season not my life
  • Options

For the 150 that make the effort I hope we play well and get a result

As a prediction 0-2

I'm sure they will have a good day out (plenty of nice pubs and bars in Leeds city centre) regardless.
  • Options
    Kashi starts
  • Options
    Sarr in the squad, Jackson and Kashi in the middle, Diarra at centre back.

Pope
    Fanni Diarra Teixeira Fox
    Gudmundsson Jackson Kashi Harriott
    Lookman Vetokele

Mitov Sarr Lennon Motta Suk-Young Ba Makienok
  • Options
    What's up with Lennon? Is Sarr only in the squad to get him in the shop window?

That could backfire badly if he gets in the pitch and replicates his occasional headless chicken approach to defending.