Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If Katrien Meire or Charltons CEO was a man

And still behaved the same way...apart from things that are naturally obviously different between a man and a woman like certain mannerisms and choice of what public toilet you use....

To name one of the typical things she does, If it was katriens equivalent in male form sitting in the directors box smirking while protests were going on...would you feel more angry and surprised? The same? Or less annoyed?

I know these things are boarder line taboo subjects and in this day and age the answer should always relatively be "It wouldnt and shouldn't make a difference".

But, I think if Katrien was a bloke and treating fans the same way...there would be a lot less holding back from people in terms of demonstrating general aggressive dis-like for that person. We would not be as forgiving as much as we have been for her in the past. It's just the truth.

Shes obviously aware of this and she's heavily failing other women that have similar positions within football. They are a minority and I hope it evens itself out a bit more in years to come.

(The male equivalent of Katrien)
He would be in so much deep sh*t with the fans and would probably just get constantly called a c**t and possibly physically threatened quite a lot. It's hard to imagine to be honest. I think the hate would be out of control and overwhelming. It would also be a lot easier, for fans...

She knows that as a woman (this does not speak for other women) she can be a lot more offensive and careless and continuously get away with a lot more.

A new Katrien thread with a new angle that could be easily on the km out one but I just think this particular side of it is a bit of an eye opener into further thought on how much of a tit she is....

Comments

• Options

Personally I think she has got away lightly - purely down to being a woman.

Agree with oohaah. If she was a he, there would have been a bit more intimidation.

That's my point in a more straight forward clearer sense.
  • Options
    Pointless post.
  • Options
    .......he would have a very strange taste in clothes
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Stig said:

... his skirt would still be too short.

Yep, she certainly isnt a man. Unless she's good a hiding things......
  • Options
    Why was that set of photos even taken?

Something to do with mid-life-crisis Murray again?
  • Options
    Typist...
  • Options
    Maybe you can take some comfort from the time some blokes shouted at her on a train and reduced her to tears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Maybe it's a good thing she's a woman then. It's not going to do our plight any good if we start assaulting the CEO. At the moment, we are the victim. If they get roughed up, they become the victim. That means they win all the sympathy of the public and media. We would look like a bunch of wild dogs.

But she is a woman. We don't need to keep discussing the fact that she's not a man. It's like constantly pondering why my aunt isn't my uncle.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Maybe you can take some comfort from the time some blokes shouted at her on a train and reduced her to tears.

This comment made me cringe because it sums up the extra 'difficulty' we have with a woman CEO. She bursts into tears and it is, presumably, natural that a protective instinct is brought out. Crying is also a very 'powerful' way (for a woman) to stop the shouting in this case. It can be faked, I've done it to cause a reaction like this - rightly or wrongly. I'm not saying that was the case here, just that it illustrates a point.

It reminds me of a time when the lovely PL54 said something in a post to me about my tits (in a subtle way). It got flagged - which is nice of whoever flagged it - but would it have got flagged if it was a comment about a bloke's knob? I suspect not, probably lots of lols.

I would love to say that if a woman is a CEO she should be treated the same as a bloke but it's just not going to happen and therein lies our problem.

The other day a bloke barged past me at an open door and I thought 'wanker'.
  • Options
    What would Naby Sarr do?
  • Options

Redskin said:

This comment made me cringe because it sums up the extra 'difficulty' we have with a woman CEO. She bursts into tears and it is, presumably, natural that a protective instinct is brought out. Crying is also a very 'powerful' way (for a woman) to stop the shouting in this case. It can be faked, I've done it to cause a reaction like this - rightly or wrongly. I'm not saying that was the case here, just that it illustrates a point.

It reminds me of a time when the lovely PL54 said something in a post to me about my tits (in a subtle way). It got flagged - which is nice of whoever flagged it - but would it have got flagged if it was a comment about a bloke's knob? I suspect not, probably lots of lols.

I would love to say that if a woman is a CEO she should be treated the same as a bloke but it's just not going to happen and therein lies our problem.

Well, we have some common ground in that I found your post equally cringeworthy.
    Tell me something: what exactly is the sort of treatment a man might receive if he were the CEO that you'd like to see KM subjected to?

• Options
    I think my post was a bit rambling.

I wasn't cringeing at your post but cringeing at remembering that incident.

I'm saying that women and men can't be seen as equal in many aspects of life, and certainly not this one. My post is about how this affects what we say at protests, hence the example of PL54 talking about my tits vs someone talking about a bloke's knob and what the outcome was.
  • Options

I'm saying that women and men can't be seen as equal in many aspects of life, and certainly not this one. My post is about how this affects what we say at protests, hence the example of PL54 talking about my tits vs someone talking about a bloke's knob and what the outcome was.

You haven't answered the question.

• Options
    The hounds of hell would have been unleashed a long time ago. In the days she spoke to fans and the media she played the vulnerable female card endlessly. People remain conscious she is a young woman and hold back. But her actions and lies have done considerable harm to the status of women in professional football.
  • Options

What would Naby Sarr do?

Think of Roland?
  • Options
    Redskin said:

And you've missed my point.

If I say your last post made me cry would you flag yourself?
  • Options

Stig said:

... his skirt would still be too short.

Yep, she certainly isnt a man. Unless she's good a hiding things......
    Roland in drag?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Well, we have some common ground in that I found your post equally cringeworthy.
    Tell me something: what exactly is the sort of treatment a man might receive if he were the CEO that you'd like to see KM subjected to?

A dry slap!
  • Options

Redskin said:

I haven't missed anything; I'll ask you again: what exactly is the sort of treatment a man might receive if he were the CEO that you'd like KM subjected to?

• Options
    I can't imagine any man getting the job at her age, and with her lack of relevant experience (other than if they had family connections with the owner, like at Wigan at the moment)
  • Options
    Murray wouldn't sit thigh to thigh with him and would have distanced himself not just physically for sure.
  • Options
    Steve Waggott received a lot of flak and the regime he presided over was a relative oasis of peace and tranquillity compared to this one!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Some of the things said against her are based purely on her sex, there would be less of that, however I suspect the vitriol would be far more aggressive were she a man.

I also doubt people would have gone from calling her lovely, sending her flowers and saying she's fit to the abuse about how ugly, horrible etc she is called now.

It's like she's the girlfriend that lied and cheated.

You gave her another chance still wrapped up in the fact that you think she's fit...
    then another...
    then another...

Now she's ruined your best mate (Charlton) and he's spiralling out of control, yet she's cheating on you both with a bloke she's been with since day one, he even knows she's F***ing you, your mate and him... but he's too rich to care... the line has been crossed.

By the way I don't feel this way I never trusted this lot, but was willing to give them a chance. I never thought Meire was anything other than average.

I never thought they'd ruin us.

• Options
    Redskin said:

Except that didn't happen, did it. We've all seen the video. No-one was shouting and no-one was crying. Someone who was there described her as 'close to tears', but in popular folklore 'some blokes shouted at her' and she burst into tears.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

I haven't missed anything; I'll ask you again: what exactly is the sort of treatment a man might receive if he were the CEO that you'd like KM subjected to?

If you keep talking to a woman like that, you might reduce her to tears.
  • Options

Personally I think she has got away lightly - purely down to being a woman.

Agree with oohaah. If she was a he, there would have been a bit more intimidation.

She still has a rack on her though......................
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Uboat said:

Redskin said:

Except that didn't happen, did it. We've all seen the video. No-one was shouting and no-one was crying. Someone who was there described her as 'close to tears', but in popular folklore 'some blokes shouted at her' and she burst into tears.
    So,because it didn't happen in The video, it didn't happen... There was another video which showed shouting and finger-pointing but was inconclusive as to whether KM was on the point of tears or not.
    But that's not the main point here. It's what this insidious thread alludes to if she were a man, and is manifest in some of the subsequent posts.
    ...possibly threatened physically quite a lot
    ... jostled a bit by now
    And finally,some who said she should be given a dry slap!

For someone who would have received more abuse had she been a man, I doubt those that chanted she had an STD, took it up the arse and was a cunt had the imagination to be more lyrically abusive, had she been.
    If she were a man, who would threaten him physically, jostle him a bit or give him a dry slap? The same people who talk about pitch invasions and storming the Directors' Box.
    A bunch of STD ridden, take it up the arse cunts,in other words.