Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hats off BBC

13»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

I love the BBC.
    I might be the only person who thought the 'Night Manager' was flawed but I liked it anyway.
    I also loved 'Dectectorists', more than 'Cradle to the Grave' which was anyway excellent too, and a shout out for London Spy.
    I also highly rate Channel 4 with 'Humans' a particular highlight.

London Spy was one of the most annoying series. Promised so much and delivered so little in the end.

Good drama is no longer just the province of the BBC, with excellent stuff like Marcella currently running. Rich pickings at the moment.

That said I thought Line of Duty was absolutely top notch. The last episode seemed kind of rushed though, and I hate all the story filling at the end of fictional drama: "this person who never existed went on to do something made up" kind of stuff. But an exhilarating end nonetheless.

I also really enjoyed the Icelandic drama Trapped if anyone caught it.
  • Options
    Trapped was cracking.
  • Options
    Agree the final 15 minutes of Line of Duty was a bit far-fetched but nevertheless a gripping, well-acted storyline.
    Final chase takes place down Royal Avenue in Belfast city centre and along Tates Avenue in South Belfast where I am pretty sure caught sight of the corner of Windsor Park in one shot. Looking forward to another series. Just about sticking with Undercover on catch up, but must admit find Sophie Okonedo's character's facial expressions extremely irritating
  • Options
    Make the most of it folks. Despite being hauled up for running a dodgy "public consultation" as well as a dodgy private life, John Whittingdale dreams of theguardian.com/media/2016/may/05/gary-lineker-john-whittingdale-chump-bbc-joke

Gary Lineker calls him a "chump". Must be a mis-print. "Chump" has five letters.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    dickplumb said:

Not getting the furore over line of duty. Haven't watched the last two yet but the plot's got more holes in it than a pack of polo's.
    The bent copper is farcical and I think the lead detective fella and the girl out of 'this is England' are weak.

I couldn't disagree more. It was a fantastic drama well acted and written. You should have watched the last two episodes. I agree with AFKA, there have been some great drama's on BBC.

Micky mouse.

Watching the last one now. The fact I'm on here writing this while it's on says it all.The cross examination scenes,and there's a lot, are dull as ditchwater.

Laughable. Joke plot. Weak storyline

Edit: just watched the last ten minutes!
    **** my old boots. What a load of shyte.