Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Discussion: Leeds v Charlton

Comments

• Options
    It's a good job we are going through this dodgy period of winning now otherwise we would never have been relegated!??
  • Options

Amazing the difference when there is no pressure.

Exactly that
    How many of us produce a better quality job at work when we're not under any pressure
    Had this game mattered we would have bottled it and lost
  • Options
    Kashi returning to not be forgotten in the shop window.. Hmmm. Strong team coming back as the results are pointless. Hmmm.
  • Options

Decent performance, good win and even sweeter when you're surrounded by Leeds fans like I was today.

I didn't think we played particularly well and a draw would've been a fair result.

Special mentions to The Pope, Harriott, Gudmundsson and Lookman. The rest were average.

Where is Solly?

Kashi average?.... Did you miss him?
  • Options
    No protest from the Leeds fans?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

If Riga is a puppet then he is the best puppet we've had

Lancs, you or I could have picked that team today, let's not get carried away :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    RedChaser said:

Lancs, you or I could have picked that team today, let's not get carried away :wink: .
    Football management is a bit trickier than just naming the 11 and letting them get on with it :smile:
  • Options
    Also well done to Simon Clark. Wouldn't totally surprise me to see him pushed up to first team coach and then made to use a lot of the youth players...
  • Options
    edited April 2016

RedChaser said:

Football management is a bit trickier than just naming the 11 and letting them get on with it :smile:
    Righto, what's this bloke's pedigree as a player then, enlighten me :wink:
  • Options

Kashi returning to not be forgotten in the shop window.. Hmmm. Strong team coming back as the results are pointless. Hmmm.

And for the biggest proof, Lookman - doesn't play when we need results and then plays for only TV games (wonder why..) and only when we are relegated (again, wonder why..)

Please don't stick up a case for Riga, he is a puppet. A puppet that keeps returning to his master. He is doing as he is told.
    Came on at halftime against Birmingham (not on TV) and by many accounts changed the game.

Then started against Ipswich (not on TV), and has been in the starting line-up ever since. He has been starting/playing regularly since it became clear that we needed nothing but wins to stay up, and since Yun had a dip in form. Remember that Mak was ill for the Boro game or I think he would have started. I would put nothing past this regime but I think it's highly unlikely that they would start Lookman in a TV game just to put him in the shop window. I assure you, he has already been scouted thoroughly. This isn't the 70s, and I imagine scouts have access to recordings of all of our matches in addition to attending them.

As for Kashi, I'm happy for him. As mentioned many times I've had a lot of problems with my Achilles and I know how difficult and unpredictable injuries can be. You interpret it the way you like, but by all accounts he showed his class. If I could keep one player for next year who has no reason to stay it'd be JBG, but Kashi would be second.
  • Options

No protest from the Leeds fans?

Had a bus parade planned as Cellino said at the start of the season that it would be a beautiful one so they were going to parade and celebrate it along with unveiling the banner that they had made up of the image Stig has posted above.

The bus broke down yesterday so they couldn't go forward with plans and actually I didn't hear a single anti-cellino chant all day.
    When it rains it pours.
  • Options

Also well done to Simon Clark. Wouldn't totally surprise me to see him pushed up to first team coach and then made to use a lot of the youth players...

Will that make him a puppet as well?

• Options

Will that make him a puppet as well?

No, a good coach, earning a living.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

typical Lifers...lose & there are hundreds on here moaning & groaning - win & no-one posts anything !!

Bit late mate ... no point bitching about it. that they would like... diffrent team next season so team spirit giving all for last 2 games = jack shit...
  • Options
    Well said Fanny I couldn't have put it better myself.
  • Options
    I would like to know the other side, where is Solly is he injured or another
    Henderson?.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Welly said:

Henderson?.

Club say he is injured, everybody else are saying it's another reason as to why he's not involved. So to answer your question, the latter.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Great day out with great company, great wine & a great win.

What more could a girl want ?

I say ba humbug to those who played down our performance today. In this division, under this regime, a win away to dirty Leeds is something to be lauded... especially when you've been on the road for 16 hours. Believe me, those of us who have travelled many futile miles this season ( and that includes those to SE7) this was an excellent way to end the best part of 9 months supporting our lads.

As others have stated, Kashi was our start turn today & boy, have we missed him ! But that's not to underestimate the brilliant performance of our new no1 'keeper who kept us in the game when it really mattered. And the others played their part too, battling hard against the "Champions of Europe" who we were apparently up against today. How heartbreaking it is to realise that when we finally have a decent starting eleven, it is all too late.

It seems we may well be saying goodbye to some of our favourites tomorrow night at the POTY dinner and although we shall wish them well , those sentiments will be accompanied by anger at why this should be happening. Under the ownership of someone with one iota of ambition and respect for our club , these players would be fighting to stay & prove that this season was a one off . But then again, with an owner with one iota of decency , they wouldn't be in this desperate situation in the first place.

I really hope you can sleep at night, Roland.

FF it's because of people like you making the effort to keep on going when there is nothing to play for that I don't mean this to come across as rude, but who cares? A token win, our 9th in 45 games is nowhere near what you deserve but your spirit and write up deserve much more than the odd away win you have witnessed this season.

If I thought next season held any optimism I would celebrate this futile victory, but if they stay then I fear another season of pain and anguish, which fans like you don't deserve at all.

I'm glad you got to see a win but the result for me is irrelevant, it's about giving us our club back
    I really understand where you're coming from, cabbles.

I made the trip yesterday more in the hope of witnessing another decent performance from the lads before the taxing last day versus Burnley.

And I was not disappointed.

Of course, I realise it's all too little, too late but as you know, it's a case of support the team, not the regime....and these lads are merely pawns in the Belgians' "game" - playthings if you like.

I'd love to hear the REAL truth from one of the departing players ie what's been going on in the dressing room throughout the season....Maybe then we could empathise with them a tad more than some on here.

There's 2 sides to every story.
    Agreed Fanny. Would be great to hear a players take on it all.
  • Options

Welly said:

Henderson?.

Club say he is injured, everybody else are saying it's another reason as to why he's not involved. So to answer your question, the latter.
    I don't think it's the case that "everyone else says he was dropped." I think that was said by one person, just after the Brighton match. There have been a couple others who have since clarified he's genuinely injured.