Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Discussion: Leeds v Charlton

13»

Comments

• Options

typical Lifers...lose & there are hundreds on here moaning & groaning - win & no-one posts anything !!

Give us a chance - it was a long drive back and I only have to get just south of the A14. Great performance by Pope today, standout performance which impressed the Leeds supporters I was sitting alongside. Lookman showed quality but there was definitely something that elevated the rest of the team out of the doldrums. They still seem to be 11 individuals on the pitch, not surprising considering the constant chopping and changing but for a change they had more understanding than the Leeds team and that contributed to the result.

Keith Hill did not have a bad game but it was not top drawer and his homer bias showed a bit but given the typical Leeds crowd in some ways you cant blame him.
    Good to see someone with a Classical education.

I wonder whether he has a similar bias regarding Virgil....
    Had a good game for Southampton today.....
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I can't argue with that.

I bet Colin could.
  • Options

typical Lifers...lose & there are hundreds on here moaning & groaning - win & no-one posts anything !!

Give us a chance - it was a long drive back and I only have to get just south of the A14. Great performance by Pope today, standout performance which impressed the Leeds supporters I was sitting alongside. Lookman showed quality but there was definitely something that elevated the rest of the team out of the doldrums. They still seem to be 11 individuals on the pitch, not surprising considering the constant chopping and changing but for a change they had more understanding than the Leeds team and that contributed to the result.

Keith Hill did not have a bad game but it was not top drawer and his homer bias showed a bit but given the typical Leeds crowd in some ways you cant blame him.
    Good to see someone with a Classical education.

I wonder whether he has a similar bias regarding Virgil....
    I heard he was a Plato man - "A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers" summing up his intent to ignore the baying of the home crowd and apply the rules of the game.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

If Riga is a puppet then he is the best puppet we've had

Lancs, you or I could have picked that team today, let's not get carried away :wink: .
    Football management is a bit trickier than just naming the 11 and letting them get on with it :smile:
    Righto, what's this bloke's pedigree as a player then, enlighten me :wink:
    What's that got to do with anything? Lots of good managers never had much of a career as a player (Lennie, The Special One to name but two).
  • Options

cabbles said:

Great day out with great company, great wine & a great win.

What more could a girl want ?

I say ba humbug to those who played down our performance today. In this division, under this regime, a win away to dirty Leeds is something to be lauded... especially when you've been on the road for 16 hours. Believe me, those of us who have travelled many futile miles this season ( and that includes those to SE7) this was an excellent way to end the best part of 9 months supporting our lads.

As others have stated, Kashi was our start turn today & boy, have we missed him ! But that's not to underestimate the brilliant performance of our new no1 'keeper who kept us in the game when it really mattered. And the others played their part too, battling hard against the "Champions of Europe" who we were apparently up against today. How heartbreaking it is to realise that when we finally have a decent starting eleven, it is all too late.

It seems we may well be saying goodbye to some of our favourites tomorrow night at the POTY dinner and although we shall wish them well , those sentiments will be accompanied by anger at why this should be happening. Under the ownership of someone with one iota of ambition and respect for our club , these players would be fighting to stay & prove that this season was a one off . But then again, with an owner with one iota of decency , they wouldn't be in this desperate situation in the first place.

I really hope you can sleep at night, Roland.

FF it's because of people like you making the effort to keep on going when there is nothing to play for that I don't mean this to come across as rude, but who cares? A token win, our 9th in 45 games is nowhere near what you deserve but your spirit and write up deserve much more than the odd away win you have witnessed this season.

If I thought next season held any optimism I would celebrate this futile victory, but if they stay then I fear another season of pain and anguish, which fans like you don't deserve at all.

I'm glad you got to see a win but the result for me is irrelevant, it's about giving us our club back
    I really understand where you're coming from, cabbles.

I made the trip yesterday more in the hope of witnessing another decent performance from the lads before the taxing last day versus Burnley.

And I was not disappointed.

Of course, I realise it's all too little, too late but as you know, it's a case of support the team, not the regime....and these lads are merely pawns in the Belgians' "game" - playthings if you like.

I'd love to hear the REAL truth from one of the departing players ie what's been going on in the dressing room throughout the season....Maybe then we could empathise with them a tad more than some on here.

There's 2 sides to every story.
    Just think you deserve so much better than a win away when we're already down. Glad you got to see it though
  • Options
    edited May 2016

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

If Riga is a puppet then he is the best puppet we've had

Lancs, you or I could have picked that team today, let's not get carried away :wink: .
    Football management is a bit trickier than just naming the 11 and letting them get on with it :smile:
    Righto, what's this bloke's pedigree as a player then, enlighten me :wink:
    What's that got to do with anything? Lots of good managers never had much of a career as a player (Lennie, The Special One to name but two).
    We can all quote exceptions to the rule but he's hardly in the same category as the two you mention. I know and so do you that it helps a great deal if you have been there, done it and got the T shirt.

So he hasn't played at a decent level then? Be that as it may what actually has he won then as a coach?

He's by far the best of the pool of second rate network coaches granted, with a pleasant demeanour who knows how to walk a difficult tightrope. The Lookman game time situation smacks of interference from above yet again, the nodding dog syndrome and his tactics in the home game v MK Dons, which was a must win, still rankles. He's very much a part of this Godforsaken regime.

Anyway it sounds from his speech at the POTY dinner last night, he can't get what he wants and could well be off.
  • Options
    I thought Lookman's lack of game time smacked of interference. There were a few games where I thought he should have started or had more time on as a sub.

A couple of players after dinner yesterday I asked specifically about this said otherwise and that he was still very young and needed to be carefully managed into the team and they thought that was all there was to it.

I guess we will find out over the summer whether the mooted move to Arsenal happens.
  • Options

I thought Lookman's lack of game time smacked of interference. There were a few games where I thought he should have started or had more time on as a sub.

A couple of players after dinner yesterday I asked specifically about this said otherwise and that he was still very young and needed to be carefully managed into the team and they thought that was all there was to it.

I guess we will find out over the summer whether the mooted move to Arsenal happens.

For an 18 year old, Lookman has played plenty of games this season. I guess it's the MK game where his non inclusion raised eyebrows
  • Options

Also well done to Simon Clark. Wouldn't totally surprise me to see him pushed up to first team coach and then made to use a lot of the youth players...

Will that make him a puppet as well?

No, a good coach, earning a living.
    Okay, so what is the difference between him and Riga then? Because as far as I can tell, Riga is a man who was out of work and took a job - or does he not need to earn a living?

• Options

Amazing the difference when there is no pressure.

Exactly that
    How many of us produce a better quality job at work when we're not under any pressure
    Had this game mattered we would have bottled it and lost
    I work better under deadlines and pressure otherwise I slack off on here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riga could win back to back promotions under new owners and fans would still call him a network puppet.
  • Options
    He won't by the way!
  • Options
    How many of those who wore the shirt on Saturday will be here next August? How many deserved to be? After 50 odd years this will be my last unless a miracle happens and Douchbag sells up - which doesn't seem likely. Cannot take any more of his shit. Always been law abiding but next Saturday anything goes.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

How many of those who wore the shirt on Saturday will be here next August? How many deserved to be? After 50 odd years this will be my last unless a miracle happens and Douchbag sells up - which doesn't seem likely. Cannot take any more of his shit. Always been law abiding but next Saturday anything goes.

Does this include non football related felony? If so I might have a job for you :wink:
  • Options

Also well done to Simon Clark. Wouldn't totally surprise me to see him pushed up to first team coach and then made to use a lot of the youth players...

Will that make him a puppet as well?

No, a good coach, earning a living.
    Okay, so what is the difference between him and Riga then? Because as far as I can tell, Riga is a man who was out of work and took a job - or does he not need to earn a living?

I am a Riga fan. My point was everyone needs to earn a living. It does not make you a puppet! .Will JJ be one?.....