Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live election tracker

https://www.londonelects.org.uk/im-voter/election-results/live-count-progress-2016?contest=23

For the Mayoral and Assembly elections.

See how the vote is going and how your borough is voting

Comments

• Options
    Cmon sadiq
  • Options
    Thanks for posting that Henry.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for that. I thought it odd there was no thread yesterday and used it to back my ever growing feeling that antipathy must be at its highest now.

*oops apathy
  • Options

Thanks for that. I thought it odd there was no thread yesterday and used it to back my ever growing feeling that antipathy must be at its highest now.

Nothing wrong with some antipasti
  • Options
    Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol party

SUPERB
  • Options
    Didn't realise Elton John's husband was running for the BNP.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Sophie Walker her bit of the electorate were probably too busy in the kitchen to vote.
  • Options
    Hahahahahaha!
  • Options
    Cor, you can't say anything these days!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sophie Walker was my second choice btw, glad she's doing well
  • Options

Yes, when we instead had a thread for the Kent police commissioner!

An uninspiring choice of candidates from the 2 main parties, neither has really caught the imagination as an individual as Ken and Boris did.
  • Options
    Very interesting stat from BBC on the Projected National Share of the vote had this been a General Election based on votes cast in this election.
    Labour 31%
    Conservative 30%
    Lib Dem 15%
    UKIP 12%
    Other 12%
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Very interesting stat from BBC on the Projected National Share of the vote had this been a General Election based on votes cast in this election.
    Labour 31%
    Conservative 30%
    Lib Dem 15%
    UKIP 12%
    Other 12%

It's interesting, but if it was a General Election, the voting may have been different.
  • Options
    Voting in a terrorist sympathiser. Nice one London
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Feel sorry for Sophie Walker her bit of the electorate were probably too busy in the kitchen to vote.

Yay my joke got me my first flag. I am so chuffed.
  • Options

not exactly suprised khan is in, when you look at the make up of the people voting.

Oh yes? What do you mean?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hardly surprised. Son of a hard working immigrant or rich Tory boy?

Err... let me think!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    micks1950 said:
    Your point being? We can all throw around links, and as the internet provides a platform for every opinion to be shared - regardless of merit - it actually means very little.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/is-it-islamophobic-to-draw-attention-to-sadiq-khans-links-with-extremists/

There needs to be some thorough investigation surrounding why so much of the pre-election discussions were based entirely around things such as:

- Sadiq Khan once stood on stage with some very nasty chaps.
    - Zac Goldsmith is Islamophobic to point that out.
    - Sadiq Khan's dad drove a bus.
    - Zac Goldsmith is rich.

It's poor, it's uninspiring and it's actually quite a depressing assessment of the candidates - candidates whom without political affiliations and cultural and economic bias would both have been the last people to be considered to be Mayor of London. It also underlines the issue of how much a debate can be stiffled via claims of "Islamophobia", which is problematic in itself.

What should well be a monumental occassion for not only our City, but our nation - the son of an immigrant, who happens to be Muslim, gaining one of the most important political roles in the country - is actually rather unflattering in this context.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    well zac goldsmith went down the route of calling sadiq khan a terrorist sympathiser etc so that would of lost him nearly every ethnic minority vote.

in answer to your question @Leuth
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

micks1950 said:
    You're point being? We can both throw around links..

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/is-it-islamophobic-to-draw-attention-to-sadiq-khans-links-with-extremists/

There needs to be some serious questions raised as to why so much of the pre-election discussions centered around:

- Sadiq Khan once stood on stage with some very nasty chaps;
    - Zac Goldsmith is Islamophobic to point that out;
    - Sadiq Khan's dad drove a bus;
    - Zac Goldsmith is rich;

It's poor, it's uninspiring and it's a depressing state of affairs. Both candidates played a dirty game to be entirely honest, but the nonsense of "Islamophobia" being a way of closing down legitimate questions over a candidate's background is very troublesome.

What should well have been a monumental occassion for our City - the son of an immigrant, who happens to be Muslim, gaining one of the most important political roles in the country - is actually rather unflattering in context.
    I would have thought that my “point being” was rather obvious.

The link I posted was a interview with the Leader of the Conservative Group on the Greater London Assembly over the past 4 years who as soon as the polls closed yesterday went on Newsnight to deliver a comprehensive criticism of Zac Goldsmith’s Mayoral campaign and it’s attempts to link Sadiq Khan with extremism, and the damage that that has done to the Conservative Party and to community relations in London.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

not exactly suprised khan is in, when you look at the make up of the people voting.

Oh yes? What do you mean?
    A lot of voters were wearing make up.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

LuckyReds said:

micks1950 said:
    You're point being? We can both throw around links..

There needs to be some serious questions raised as to why so much of the pre-election discussions centered around:

- Sadiq Khan once stood on stage with some very nasty chaps;
    - Zac Goldsmith is Islamophobic to point that out;
    - Sadiq Khan's dad drove a bus;
    - Zac Goldsmith is rich;

It's poor, it's uninspiring and it's a depressing state of affairs. Both candidates played a dirty game to be entirely honest, but the nonsense of "Islamophobia" being a way of closing down legitimate questions over a candidate's background is very troublesome.

What should well have been a monumental occassion for our City - the son of an immigrant, who happens to be Muslim, gaining one of the most important political roles in the country - is actually rather unflattering in context.
    I would have thought that my “point being” was rather obvious.

The link I posted was a interview with the Leader of the Conservative Group on the Greater London Assembly over the past 4 years who as soon as the polls closed yesterday went on Newsnight to deliver a comprehensive criticism of Zac Goldsmith’s Mayoral campaign and it’s attempts to link Sadiq Khan with extremism, and the damage that that has done to the Conservative Party and to community relations in London.
    Because politics has never included damage control, has it? Goldsmith has found himself facing a backlash over this campaign, and as such it's within the Conservative interest to therefore write this election off and play damage control - by condemning him from all angles.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Yay my joke got me my first flag. I am so chuffed.
    Unless it was in jest, whoever flagged that needs to get a life.

• Options
    @Leuth - I thought you had your Flag button disabled? ;)
  • Options

Voting in a terrorist sympathiser. Nice one London

Not seen the videos of goldsmith pleaing for the 'terrorist' to remain in England then ?

#stopreadingbullshitpapersyoucretin