Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest Fund - End of Season Report

Comments

• Just to echo the heart-felt thanks to Curb it and Davo55 for all your ingenuity and commitment. I have not enjoyed such camaraderie and fun, for a good cause of course, in a long time. The 'projectiles' on the list of expenses was worth every penny!
  • I'd like to add my thanks too. The amount donated is incredible and must mean a huge amount of work for you both in taking it in and dealing with all the applications to use the funds. Hats off to you.
  • It's threads like this that make you feel proud to be a Charlton fan.

Well done to everyone involved with CARD. Without you we would be in an even bigger mess than we currently are.
  • Not often in details of expenditure would you see a line on 'projectiles'...!

Made me laugh, but money well spent.

Ha ha, I was gonna say exactly the same thing. Brilliant!

Well done to all.
  • Further to Alan's note I'm a bit embarrassed as I really don't do much. I just add the money received to my spreadsheets and pay the bills, but thanks though. I don't come up with clever ideas. That's left to the rest of the deviants. :-)

• Yeah, but without the bills getting paid the deviants would be having to waste some of their creativity worrying about how they were going pay for their latest idea :-)
  • Thanks for the update Alan. You and Brenda have done us all proud managing this and every fan who has taken part, in whatever way, should be very proud of themselves. More wit, intelligence and integrity amongst us all than we can find within the interms of Duchatelet & his SMT!
  • Sponsored links:

• This is great. Clear and up front communication; clearly outlined goals, executing strategy successfully, listening to suggestions and taking them on-board. I get the feeling RDKM could learn a lot from this movement alone.
  • Davo55 said:

olster said:

Fantastic work both.

Is there a list of the unsold merch and means to purchase/post? Collectively we must be able to buy the last bit up.

Oli

Great minds and all that..... @Badger did a great job handling all the mail order before. He's going to look into whether we can retrieve (from the stall holder) and offer the remaining stock for a further "end of season" mail order sale.

It might be a bit warm for hoodies and sweats right now but these will be classic, vintage, protest-wear come October!
    Slight problem....

The guy who runs the stall and is holding the remaining stock lives in Tottenham. Does anyone on here happen to drive between Charlton and Tottenham (apart from Lookman?) who might be able to pick them up and drop them off for us?
  • Gumbo said:

Well done approx another £37, 972,002 and we could buy the club

Funnily enough, a lady said that to me when I was giving out balloons in Floyd Rd! She really hoped we could raise enough!
  • Thank you CARD.
  • Nice work guys
  • I will happily buy some posters and stickers if possible.
  • What amazes me is not only the amount which has been donated, which far exceeds my expectations, but also the impact that the spend has had on both the costs of the club (where if they have spent any or lost less than £2m on additional security, comms, wastage, lost revenues, I'd surprised) but also the almost universal positive media coverage and fan support the protests have built.

For less than £20k.

20K, now isn't there something familiar about that number? Oh yes, I seem to remember Katrien mentioning that amount. Look and learn Katriene, but then again you don't learn by your mistakes.
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

olster said:

Fantastic work both.

Is there a list of the unsold merch and means to purchase/post? Collectively we must be able to buy the last bit up.

Oli

Great minds and all that..... @Badger did a great job handling all the mail order before. He's going to look into whether we can retrieve (from the stall holder) and offer the remaining stock for a further "end of season" mail order sale.

It might be a bit warm for hoodies and sweats right now but these will be classic, vintage, protest-wear come October!
    Slight problem....

The guy who runs the stall and is holding the remaining stock lives in Tottenham. Does anyone on here happen to drive between Charlton and Tottenham (apart from Lookman?) who might be able to pick them up and drop them off for us?
    @Davo55 try @nth london addick
  • What is the strategy for this closed and next season ? .. Is the whole campaign just going to carry on until/if Duchatelet sells up ? .. IF IF for instance an 'acceptable' manager is appointed and 'acceptable' players signed, will the campaign still not let up ? ..
    I am concerned that players and managers will not risk coming to CAFC given the present state of revolt and uncertainty .. or will the campaign be adjourned for a few games next season to see what success the team on the field enjoys irrespective of who owns and runs the club .. or are such issues still to be decided ?
  • What is the strategy for this closed and next season ? .. Is the whole campaign just going to carry on until/if Duchatelet sells up ? .. IF IF for instance an 'acceptable' manager is appointed and 'acceptable' players signed, will the campaign still not let up ? ..
    I am concerned that players and managers will not risk coming to CAFC given the present state of revolt and uncertainty .. or will the campaign be adjourned for a few games next season to see what success the team on the field enjoys irrespective of who owns and runs the club .. or are such issues still to be decided ?

Reasonable question that many might ask.

I think the pertinent word is 'acceptable'. It seems clear that the terms weren't 'acceptable' to Chris Wilder although the terms offered were 'acceptable' to the regime.
    So if a new manager is appointed who accepts the regime's restrictions would that person be accepted by the fanbase?

I believe the campaign ought to continue as much and as strongly as possible until such time that an 'acceptable' manager is found, and his or her terms are made explicit, the so called mistakes made are identified by the regime and detailed ways in which they won't be repeated are revealed.

We would also need to know which personnel will manage the club into next season, in order to completely change the culture of the way the club had been run (and destroyed) so far.

That's my opinion. Indeed personally I want them out based on what they have done so far, what evidence is there to suggest it won't continue, indeed the Wilder shenanigans suggests that the regime intend to continue as before with this disastrous experiment.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

What is the strategy for this closed and next season ? .. Is the whole campaign just going to carry on until/if Duchatelet sells up ? .. IF IF for instance an 'acceptable' manager is appointed and 'acceptable' players signed, will the campaign still not let up ? ..

I think the pertinent word is 'acceptable'. It seems clear that the terms weren't 'acceptable' to Chris Wilder although the terms offered were 'acceptable' to the regime.
    So if a new manager is appointed who accepts the regime's restrictions would that person be accepted by the fanbase?

I believe the campaign ought to continue as much and as strongly as possible until such time that an 'acceptable' manager is found, and his or her terms are made explicit, the so called mistakes made are identified by the regime and detailed ways in which they won't be repeated are revealed.

We would also need to know which personnel will manage the club into next season, in order to completely change the culture of the way the club had been run (and destroyed) so far.

That's my opinion. Indeed personally I want them out based on what they have done so far, what evidence is there to suggest it won't continue, indeed the Wilder shenanigans suggests that the regime intend to continue as before with this disastrous experiment.
    great answer .. My main concern is that disruption and protest will start from the opening whistle next season .. this, in my opinion will only drive the club further into the mire, especially in the context of destroying the morale of the players before they even get started .. I am also aware that many 'protesters' would not be averse to this outcome
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

olster said:

Fantastic work both.

Oli

Slight problem....

@Davo55 try @nth london addick
    Thanks for the thought @Henry Irving . We have a solution in place now and will be offering the remaining stock for mail order purchases from next week - end of season clearance sale.
  • DAVO I'm a bit late to the party!

Just want to say a huge thanks for everything you guys have done!

I would however like to add that appreciation should be given to those who donated to the Belgium trips!

We had some very generous contributions! Even fans paying for other fans to be there!

Truly a special fan base!
  • In terms of the fund it would be clearly helpful if we keep donating.
    In terms of the protests, well I am feeling withdrawal symptoms, and recent events have fuelled frustrations that need an outlet.
    Esrly thoughts but maybe we need a vigil style presence at the Valley and Sparrows Lane during the close season. I don't particularly wish to be a one man protest, but I am well up for supporting something through the summer.
  • seth plum said:

In terms of the fund it would be clearly helpful if we keep donating.
    In terms of the protests, well I am feeling withdrawal symptoms, and recent events have fuelled frustrations that need an outlet.
    Esrly thoughts but maybe we need a vigil style presence at the Valley and Sparrows Lane during the close season. I don't particularly wish to be a one man protest, but I am well up for supporting something through the summer.

@seth plum happy to join you. Agree it would be good to carry on some protests (however small) during the summer
  • seth plum said:

What is the strategy for this closed and next season ? .. Is the whole campaign just going to carry on until/if Duchatelet sells up ? .. IF IF for instance an 'acceptable' manager is appointed and 'acceptable' players signed, will the campaign still not let up ? ..

great answer .. My main concern is that disruption and protest will start from the opening whistle next season .. this, in my opinion will only drive the club further into the mire, especially in the context of destroying the morale of the players before they even get started .. I am also aware that many 'protesters' would not be averse to this outcome
    The Belgians have got to go mate.

I cannot anything else other than the protests continuing, they will only get worse if we have a bad start to the season.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

DAVO I'm a bit late to the party!

Just want to say a huge thanks for everything you guys have done!

I would however like to add that appreciation should be given to those who donated to the Belgium trips!

We had some very generous contributions! Even fans paying for other fans to be there!

Truly a special fan base!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seth plum said:

@seth plum happy to join you. Agree it would be good to carry on some protests (however small) during the summer
    Or in your case, very small!
  • seth plum said:

Or in your case, very small!
    Are you suggesting I'm small @ElfsborgAddick?! Pot - kettle
  • Yes yes yes I know.

All good things........