Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life 15/16 End of Season Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Badger said:

Without Charlton Life, CARD would not have been the brilliant collaborative success it is. I'm quite sure of that. This sad year for our club was probably CL's finest.

If you want evidence of how different it is to normal footie sites, let's just roll-call our regular visitors from other clubs who just can't keep away. (and get a welcome they wouldn't find elsewhere) @operationpig , @gavros, @Sparrows Lane Lion, @Big_Bad_World, @MillwallFan . Say a few words, chaps :-)

You forgot to include Superhorns and Horseworrier(Millwall)
    How could anyone forget our old mate Shat Himself? Soppy cockwomble
  • Options

Started to post in January so fairly new to it. During a season of such turmoil at the Club, CL has been an ever present source of comfort, good humour and insight (& some good Barneys' too).

Well played everyone.

'Nelson Out!' (a little clue for you as to when I first became a regular at the Valley here)

Battle of the Armada ? -:)
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Started to post in January so fairly new to it. During a season of such turmoil at the Club, CL has been an ever present source of comfort, good humour and insight (& some good Barneys' too).

Well played everyone.

'Nelson Out!' (a little clue for you as to when I first became a regular at the Valley here)

Battle of the Armada ? -:)
    Not quite that old!
  • Options

Well played everyone.

1805?
  • Options

Well played everyone.

I thought Garry was OK...

• Options
    Me too.Have his book good read.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Don't know what I'd do without this site - something approaching a full day's work probably.

On that point, it was mentioned at work that I 'might spend a bit too much time on that football site'. My girlfriend has also complained that whenever I speak to her I am also 'reading Charlton'.

Do you have any stats on who spends the most time on here in an average week? I want to feel like it's not just me and I am not the worst?
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Don't know what I'd do without this site - something approaching a full day's work probably.

On that point, it was mentioned at work that I 'might spend a bit too much time on that football site'. My girlfriend has also complained that whenever I speak to her I am also 'reading Charlton'.

Do you have any stats on who spends the most time on here in an average week? I want to feel like it's not just me and I am not the worst?
    You carry on Canters, you probably give me more LIKE's than anyone
  • Options

MrLargo said:

This sounds horribly familiar!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's been a tough old season, but if it wasn't for this site, and (apart from PL54) you good folk, it would have been a heck of a lot tougher.
    I'm not renewing the ST this coming year, but will be coming to the odd home and away games or two so will rely on this site to keep me informed and in touch.
    So it's a big thank you from me. All of you are very much appreciated.
  • Options
    Welcome @Onlyme
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

I've been looking at the posts as a non member for a few months now, and become a member a couple of days ago, absolutely love it, I didn't realise how addictive it is!! What did you all talk about before the circus came to town!!!

The occasional victories.
  • Options

Welcome @Onlyme

Cheers @c4fcdenmark , it feels that I know most of you already.
  • Options
    Welcome @Onlyme I am the funny one on here, that means every time you see a post from me you have to hit that lol button! :)
  • Options
    Done
  • Options

Onlyme said:

I've been looking at the posts as a non member for a few months now, and become a member a couple of days ago, absolutely love it, I didn't realise how addictive it is!! What did you all talk about before the circus came to town!!!

The occasional victories.
    Talking of Nelson.
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

Done

Top Man!
  • Options
    I was going to do a month by month post season review but got to October and had to remove all sharp objects in my possession.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

I was going to do a month by month post season review but got to October and had to remove all sharp objects in my possession.

Yeah I thought about doing the same... In the end I just about managed to write two lines for each month in the final Preview
  • Options
    This site is everything Meire and Duchatalet don't understand about our beloved Club. It's about us, the fans.

Though to be fair, quite a lot of us are weird.

Many thanks to all who participate - including PL54 and Colin
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Without Charlton Life, CARD would not have been the brilliant collaborative success it is. I'm quite sure of that. This sad year for our club was probably CL's finest.

If you want evidence of how different it is to normal footie sites, let's just roll-call our regular visitors from other clubs who just can't keep away. (and get a welcome they wouldn't find elsewhere) @operationpig , @gavros, @Sparrows Lane Lion, @Big_Bad_World, @MillwallFan . Say a few words, chaps :-)

Came on here a few years ago to have a browse, as we was due to play you. Was genuinely surprised at the level of hatred by some towards Millwall, as it's not something I've experienced in the real world. Whenever I've met Charlton fans the banter had always been fairly friendly. not bothered by it, but found it fairly interesting so signed up to respond to a couple of Millwall related comments.
    What keeps me coming back? I dunno really. The debates and discussions can be fairly interesting, and the traffic is high so there's plenty to read. There's usually a lot of Millwall related comments and threads and the average CL posters perception of Millwall and our fans does make me laugh.
    I use a Millwall forum, and usually depending on how we're doing on the pitch it can go really quiet on there. I'm not some internet nerd or 'troll' as I've been called on here. I don't use any form of social media anymore, the only sites I go on regularly is this one and a Millwall one, and even that I don't post that often.
    Since I've been on here I've dealt with a few posters with my little sign business and all have turned out to be top lads. As I've said before I don't really have a problem with charlton fans in general. Like getting one over on you because you are our most local rivals but there's never any real hatred there. I couldn't spend as much time on a palace site as I do this one! I'm not saying there's no decent palace fans, that would just be extreme generalisation, but a big chunk of them that I encounter come across as complete cretins.
    Reasonable comments until you got to palace fans ...c'mon, you know better than that @MillwallFan , decent is not a word I would associate with any of them
  • Options
    To everyone else's comments I'd like to add me too. Difficult to imagine life without CharltonLive. Thanks you so much.

Can I poke something into the suggestion box.

It would be great if we could go into a member profile and bring up his or her last posting. Save heaps of time when I'm hunting for Fanny's after match column for example.

Again, many thanks.
  • Options
    You can do that @Blackheathen. Go to a member's profile and you'll see links to their last Discussions and last Comments on the left.

And I agree, I can't imagine life without Charlton Live either ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    This site has a lot to answer for. I always log on to it last, thinking I will just spend 15 minutes on it before I go to bed only to still be there up to two hours later. It has been gripping stuff over the last few months following Roland, Katrien, Colin and PL54 make complete arses of themselves time and time again. Many thanks to the people who spend their time running this site so well and all those who find the time to post so often, from incisive, quality analysis to the most inane comments
  • Options
    Cheers thanks
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone involved in the site, the match threads, the competitions and, this season, the co-ordination of protests, collection of funds and combined efforts against the regime.

Sadly it's the latter that has brought out the best in CL recently, and in amongst the banter, the troll posts, the inane and the unusual we have had some excellent, thoughtful writing, of a standard I'd guess most football web forums can only dream, and to those most articulate of posters, and you probably know who you are, I'd like to post a special thank you.