Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Return of Curbs

It's been 10 years since he departed and I would love to see him back.

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to win the lottery and for a certain mad Belgian woman to spontaneously combust. Just won't happen I'm afraid
  • Options

I'd love to win the lottery and for a certain mad Belgian woman to spontaneously combust. Just won't happen I'm afraid

Well you won't win the lottery if you don't enter.
  • Options

What and constantly achieve stability in the Premier league in front of a packed Valley? Every now and then beating Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea etc, etc. Having a proven scorer like Darren Bent and attracting decent players?

No thanks......

Yeah sounds boring that.
  • Options
    Someone needs to put up the "it's happening" gif to compliment the thread title.
  • Options

shine166 said:

One of my worst memories as a Charlton fan is being top of the premier league after seeing us beat Southampton 5-0 and super Clive taking the match ball home. Who in there right mind would want those kind of days back ?

A real dark day for the club that was. So glad we'll be struggling to beat Fleetwood instead next season.
    Awful times, thankfully that is never likely to happen again in my lifetime

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Getting to 40 points by February and then hardly getting another point as a totally unmotivated team lie down and help other teams to safety or glory. Going out of the League and FA Cups to lower opposition in the first rounds. Defending corners with 11 men in the box and seeing every clearance come straight back into the danger area.......
    No thanks.

And there you have it.

We do have some fans who are ungrateful for the greatest period in the clubs history which helped put us on the map.

Premier League football? No, thanks.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Riviera said:

Getting to 40 points by February and then hardly getting another point as a totally unmotivated team lie down and help other teams to safety or glory. Going out of the League and FA Cups to lower opposition in the first rounds. Defending corners with 11 men in the box and seeing every clearance come straight back into the danger area.......
    No thanks.

And there you have it.

We do have some fans who are ungrateful for the greatest period in the clubs history which helped put us on the map.

Some people are never happy, clearly. I guess he preferred watching Dowie, Reed and Pardew take us down.
    Whoosh & whoosh.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I was also particularly pissed off when Di Canio signed as well. How dare he turn up and tarnish the number 11 shirt. We all know that Lloyd Sam and Callum Harriott are the only decent pair to wear that shirt.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Riviera said:

No thanks.

And there you have it.

Some people are never happy, clearly. I guess he preferred watching Dowie, Reed and Pardew take us down.
    Whoosh & whoosh.
    I actually think Riviera was serious.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Riviera said:

No thanks.

And there you have it.

Whoosh & whoosh.
    I think in his own words, he said nothing he writes is serious, apart from a few exceptions.
  • Options
    I'd love to have Curbs back in some capacity but not under this regime
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

Riviera said:

No thanks.

And there you have it.

Whoosh & whoosh.
    I think in his own words, he said nothing he writes is serious, apart from a few exceptions.
    Hehe well, that clears it all up then. :neutral:
  • Options

cafctom said:

Riviera said:

No thanks.

And there you have it.

Richard Murray took us down by appointing Dowie and then Reed....and has continued to drag us down ever since.
    If he'd given Curbs the money he have Dowie to spend...
  • Options
    I'd take British Aspargus at this rate...
  • Options

I was really angry when we won of the greatest ever games at Wembley.

That 3-3 against man united with giggs almost scoring what would've been one of the greatest prem goals ever and robbo going mental after poking home a last minute equaliser. What dark dark days they were. Thank you Belgians, looks like they'll never return to us now.
    Actually, for me that day was very dark - I was in hospital having my retina re-attached so couldn't see a thing.
  • Options

I'd take British Aspargus at this rate...

I quite like British asparagus, despite being a native Californian which meant I grew up with fresh, local fruit and veg year round.

Asparagus on the grill, or in a grill pan, with a bit of salt and pepper, drizzle some olive oil and lemon over it is lovely.
  • Options
    Knowing what has happened since A.C left, we could have paid him ten million to stay another 5 years and still be miles better off.

How many millions have we lost in 3 relegations since he left and spending years in League 1?

With a supportive chairman he could turn us around even now.
  • Options

If they had any sense at all they would appoint Curbs and give him full control of signings , backroom staff etc. They will not though because they are f%cking stupid.

They don't do sensible.
  • Options
    If he'd given Curbs the money he have Dowie to spend...
    The fact that Curbs was told it wasn't there so he left then they gave it to Dowie just shows Murray in a bad light again.