Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Return of Curbs

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Katrien and Roland - if there is any hope of you turning this situation around then appoint Alan Curbishley and give him the freedom to manage without interference.

Why look at other UK managers when we have a proven winner?
  • Options
    I'd have Curbs as CEO and team manager.
  • Options
    If he was CEO he would appoint SCP as manager!
  • Options
    Re-appointing Alan Curbishley would be their best chance of getting a crowd next season.
  • Options
    Les Reed or Lennie as Director of Football, Curbs as manager with CP as his assistant. With the right financial backing I'd be confident of that combination getting us back to the promised land.
  • Options
    Alan Curbishley would never come back knowing what he knows about this regime.
  • Options
    Why would he work under a director of football
  • Options

Why would he work under a director of football

Why would he work anywhere near Murray?
  • Options
    Why would Curbs leave, what is almost certainly a well paid job with Fulham, to work under this shower
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Why would Curbs leave, what is almost certainly a well paid job with Fulham, to work under this shower

We don't deserve him but I still want him back.
  • Options
    Best he doesn't go for the Watford job as their manager sacked for poor post Christmas form. Something Curbs excelled in.
  • Options
    Curbs has always stated "I would talk to them"

He is approachable. They must have at least considered the thought of getting him in.

If they are going British then they have to interview curbs. It's an absolute no brainer.

Having said that, during the interview curbs will probably get a call from his beloved Aston villa....
  • Options
    If they are really serious about wanting to get an English manager, how could he possibly not be considered. Arguably, the best manager in our history, still young enough and looking to get back into management. He would be right at the top of the list if new owners were to take over.
  • Options
    There is no way they would even think about somebody who their customers would want.?

Yet Katie continues to get upset about the way she is treated. Here's a novel idea, try and get something right , you know something small like the first team manager. She has probably spent more time in DFS than she has on the management process.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Bill Curbishley, talking about managing superstar rockers (and I'm paraphrasing here), said they are geniuses but all have a little piece of them missing somehow. But it's a different piece for each one. His role was to work out what it was and fill the void. Thus getting the best performances out of them because they have nothing else to worry about.

I wonder if it's that sort of ability that also separates an average football manager from a great one?

Is it a family trait I wonder?

Could anyone, let alone Katrien, ever recognise such an ability in interview?
  • Options

If they are really serious about wanting to get an English manager, how could he possibly not be considered. Arguably, the best manager in our history, still young enough and looking to get back into management. He would be right at the top of the list if new owners were to take over.

We have no way of knowing who is being considered, when it comes down to it I really don't think Curbs would be in the slightest bit interested in working for the current regime.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

We have no way of knowing who is being considered, when it comes down to it I really don't think Curbs would be in the slightest bit interested in working for the current regime.
    Agree, but would he jump at the opportunity to get his feet back under the table in hopeful anticipation that this regime is approaching the end.
  • Options
    Given Curbs record on putting no interference clauses in his contract and then going to court when they are not honoured I would rate the chances of the present shower approaching Curbs as being in Paul on the road to Damascus territory. Curbs is obviously being collectively blackballed by those who the authorities laughingly deem to be fit and proper.
  • Options

Shrew said:

Agree, but would he jump at the opportunity to get his feet back under the table in hopeful anticipation that this regime is approaching the end.
    No