Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scottish Cup Final

13»

Comments

• Options

Wasn't aware that this song had been adopted by Hibs fans. I get goose bumps watching this. Smartphones weren't around in 1998 but if we win the play-offs at Wembley next season what are we going to sing? Don't think Valley Floyd road cuts it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M3b_lw7t2TE

The Proclaimers are Hibbies. The celebrations after the 2007 Scottish League Cup win were similar.
  • Options

Rangers will win

So, what's next then Mystic Meg? :wink:

• Options
    If it had been the other way round we all know how different the response from all concerned would have been.

I'm glad Rangers released that statement criticising all parties for their reaction.
  • Options
    D_F_T said:

There is a petition to sign asking for Hibs to be banned from Scottish and European Cups next season. Nobody is forcing you to sign, it's your choice but please leave it out with the snide comments. If you don't agree with it then don't sign it. Players and staff being attacked is not acceptable, if it had just been Rangers fans getting attacked then this petition probably wouldn't exist but attacking players and staff....come on, that's different!

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-football-association-ban-hibernian-fc-from-european-competition-and-scottish-competition-season-2016-2017?recruiter=28493438&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

Should Hull be banned from the Play-Off Final after their fans were just as bad towards the Derby players?
  • Options

D_F_T said:

There is a petition to sign asking for Hibs to be banned from Scottish and European Cups next season. Nobody is forcing you to sign, it's your choice but please leave it out with the snide comments. If you don't agree with it then don't sign it. Players and staff being attacked is not acceptable, if it had just been Rangers fans getting attacked then this petition probably wouldn't exist but attacking players and staff....come on, that's different!

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-football-association-ban-hibernian-fc-from-european-competition-and-scottish-competition-season-2016-2017?recruiter=28493438&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

Should Hull be banned from the Play-Off Final after their fans were just as bad towards the Derby players?
    Did their fans physically assault and spit on Derby players and staff ?

If so then yes, yes they should. Hibs were the better team and deserved the win but what happened after the match was way over the line.
  • Options
    Any other team than Rangers or C*ltic and people would be all over this.

The hypocrisy of people at times is amazing.
  • Options

Wasn't aware that this song had been adopted by Hibs fans. I get goose bumps watching this. Smartphones weren't around in 1998 but if we win the play-offs at Wembley next season what are we going to sing? Don't think Valley Floyd road cuts it.

Nothing to rival that for sure !
  • Options
    Over the years we have seen truly disgusting behaviour by both Celtic and Rangers fans. I don't remember ever seeing any petitions to get either of those two clubs banned from domestic and European cup competitions. Maybe I am wrong. Have there been such petitions?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Over the years we have seen truly disgusting behaviour by both Celtic and Rangers fans. I don't remember ever seeing any petitions to get either of those two clubs banned from domestic and European cup competitions. Maybe I am wrong. Have there been such petitions?

That makes it OK then does it?

The past is the past and can't be changed but a punishment should be dealt out to Hibs as a warning to ALL other clubs.

I don't remember Rangers or Celtic fans attacking players and staff, I might be wrong of course but I can't remember any such events, it's generally each other they attack!

• Options
    D_F_T said:

The past is the past and can't be changed but a punishment should be dealt out to Hibs as a warning to ALL other clubs.

I don't remember Rangers or Celtic fans attacking players and staff, I might be wrong of course but I can't remember any such events, it's generally each other they attack!

Didn't Neil Lennon get attacked whilst in the dug out?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I don't think so, he had an altercation with Ally McCoist but I don't recall him being attacked by fans.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Yes he did get attacked by a Hearts fan, I remember now
  • Options

Valley Floyd road will always cut it
  • Options
    D_F_T said:

I don't think so, he had an altercation with Ally McCoist but I don't recall him being attacked by fans.

Just checked he got attached by a Hearts fan. Different team, same side, if you know what I mean.

Celtic football manager Neil Lennon has been attacked during his team's Scottish premier league game against Hearts at Tynecastle.

A man managed to reach Mr Lennon and appeared to strike him before being arrested.
  • Options
    If we win the play offs and are singing Sunshine on Leith I will wonder if I have stepped into another dimension.
  • Options

The proclaimers are playing at the orchard tonight (if they didn't overdo it last night)

I was there last night, despite being hibs they were really good
  • Options

D_F_T said:

A man managed to reach Mr Lennon and appeared to strike him before being arrested.
    Years later he was given a lucrative gig on match of the day. ..

https://youtu.be/C8fMbxLTpps
  • Options
    D_F_T said:

Didn't Neil Lennon receive parcel bombs from Rangers fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    D_F_T said:

Agree with this.

I just can't get my head round Celtic and Rangers football clubs and fans criticising the behaviour of other fans.
  • Options
    A few wallies in our end against Wigan throwing a few right handers at each other and the TV broadcasters, fans watching on the box and the general population couldn't get enough of it. Condemnation came in from all sides.

Hibs fans go one better and beat up oposing players and club staff and the first few comments in here are along the lines of 'BBC making more of this than needs to be', 'being blown out of proportion'.

@ValleyGary has it about right on this one :smile: