Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When Was The Last Time You Looked On The Clubs Official Website?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stopped using it at all during the past season when it became obvious there was nothing at all I wanted to hear from the regime. Nothing. At all.
  • Options
    Roland's {...} just to see if it was a wind up.
  • Options
    All the time. In hope. Just to see if they have sacked Katrien.

BTW does {...} actually have a genuine meaning that I am missing? Or was it just really shit editing???
  • Options
    Hardly ever. Last time was to check if the 'statement' was real or not (I genuine thought it would be a fake) - i even took a screengrab as proof!!
  • Options
    No need - Colin keeps me up to date.
  • Options
    Sue Parkes is my source for all club information. Here's the latest, fresh off the press 25mins ago.

• Options
    fattmatt said:

All the time. In hope. Just to see if they have sacked Katrien.

BTW does {...} actually have a genuine meaning that I am missing? Or was it just really shit editing???

Suspect it might be a Belgian/Dutch thing. Here you can use ... (an ellipsis) to indicate text omitted, or sometimes [...] but never seen it with curly brackets until that statement. Confirms for all those in doubt that it was posted unedited by the comms team and didn't come from them. It was penned in Belgium by a roll and two shits.
  • Options
    Only when the corner flag speaks to me
  • Options
    Very rarely and then only following links to something specific. I really don't like it. Apart from the fact that it doesn't feel like our site, as it's to the same design as all the other sites, it's slow and clunky and rarely has anything that can't be found quicker elsewhere. Worst of all though is the site navigation, the menus seem to have been put together with no understanding of what football fans want. If I didn't know that it was a syndicated format, I'd think someone as hopeless as Meire designed it.
  • Options
    Poor design, lazy reporting, basically hopeless if your trying to get information or wish to communicate with the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only to follow links on here. ..I have nt enjoyed using the site since we went over to the one size fits all format ....
  • Options
    Call me a glory hunter.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Only when the corner flag speaks to me

Flaggie has resigned. They refused to put a clause in his contract guaranteeing his editorial independence.

Meanwhile

• Options
    Its been a while for sure, used to look almost everyday in the past
  • Options
    I worked for a while with Man Utd on their website (a long time ago and it was my job so don't judge!). The disconnect between what the club wanted and what the fans wanted was astounding.

The club saw it as a vehicle to do two things. One put out pro-club messages which the faithful would swallow. One senior executive claimed that people would not "go anywhere else for news other than official site" and that they could "control the message". I explained the very fact is was official would mean people did not trust it to be open with them. I might as well have been speaking Russian.

The design was sorted when a very senior director came in and asked - first and only question - "how much money can we make off fans through this". He left after about five minutes and the rest of the meeting based the design on that one criteria.

Charlton is the same. They cannot comment on anything controversial or based on rumour, which means at the moment the site is only any good for ticket purchases, U18 news and a few other bland things. So why nother looking?
  • Options

I think the last time was to check {...} {...} was actually genuine!

This.
    This.