Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Chris

Comments

• Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/efl/1873296/gary-rowett-to-derby-county-rams-want-old-boy-rowett-after-suspending-boss-nigel-pearson/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSunFootball-_-20160928-_-Football-_-601349398

Rams supremo Mel Morris has put Birmingham City manager Rowett at the top of his hit list to replace Pearson.

Rowett has done a huge job with the Blues after his first crack at management with Burton and he could be tempted.

The former Derby player knows that County have huge untapped potential and an ambitious owner.

Rowett is emerging as first choice ahead of Steve Bruce who met Derby in the summer but was overlooked. He may be disappointed again.

Hopefully Powell is given a chance, but looking unlikely that they'll stick with him now Pearson is gone.
  • Options
    Come on Powell keep the job and be successful

I hope derby stuff the bollocks out of Huddersfield.....when thy next meet.
  • Options
    Chrissy Powells Black and White Army...

In more than one way!
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Bring him back

Do it
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I hope this sees Pearson out of work for quite some time. The man in is an angry, petulant borderline lunatic. No coincidence he's had a screaming row with the owner/chairman of his last two clubs. He's not Clough, that era is over, and that type of behavior is childish.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/27/derby-county-nigel-pearson-stay-away-cardiff-championship

"The east Midlands club are still looking for their first win at the iPro Stadium, where they have scored just one goal. Following Saturday’s defeat at home against Blackburn Rovers, Pearson said that his players were “paralysed by fear”."

They were afraid of you Nigel...
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Derby away at Huddersfield 22nd October.

Hopefully he keeps the job till then.

Would love derby to win (if Powell is in charge) would be hilarious.

Remember Leeds based town fan and his rather consistent opinion.
  • Options
    this could establish Powell as a top manager .. big club with great potential .. players totally under performing .. BIG chance for Powell .. let's hope it all works out well for him .. BUT .. NEVER against us ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't see it happening at Derby now. They're after the like of Bruce and Rowett if the papers are to be believed.

I would love to see SCP either go abroad or have his next job be under a manager who has worked abroad--Wagner at Hudds would be great but won't happen. Zenga at Wolves would be brilliant too. He's such a lovely man, and by all accounts a great man manager, but he could really use with leaning some more in terms of work on the training ground and the intricacies of tactics. Those who are willing to learn and change are the ones who are ultimately successful at most things, including management.
  • Options

this could establish Powell as a top manager .. big club with great potential .. players totally under performing .. BIG chance for Powell .. let's hope it all works out well for him .. BUT .. NEVER against us ((:>)

If love the Rams to stuff is 5-0 with Powell as their manager in front of Katy.
  • Options
    All Powell can do is win the games put in front of him; if he does not get the top job it puts him back in the shop window
  • Options
    dizzee said:

If love the Rams to stuff is 5-0 with Powell as their manager in front of Katy.
    wouldn't go that far .. I'd give him a draw though IF we were a) safe from relegation or b) already promoted
  • Options
    Powell dilemma on Saturday - playing Reading with Yann in the line-up? SCP quote: I'd love a team of Kermogants.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Dave2l said:

Dave2l said:

Dave2l said:

Chrissy Powells Black and White Army...

In more than one way!

Dave2l said:

Why would that be then?.
  • Options
    Looks like Steve McClaren has got the Derby job, don't know where that leaves Powell.
  • Options

Looks like Steve McClaren has got the Derby job, don't know where that leaves Powell.

Just read on the Mail that Powell admitted that he didnt want the job and wants to remain Assistant Manager there.

Strange if true seeing he's mainly been a Manager since he retired.
  • Options

How does Schteeve keep scoring decent jobs? He's fricking useless. Good coach though, would make a decent assistant to Powell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

avin a larf .. Derby sacked him a year ago
  • Options
    Guess they wanted a Dutch manager again.
  • Options
    Maybe Chris Powell is keeping his managerial perfect dry to come back to Charlton when the current regime finally effs off (keeping fingers and toes crossed for a this year sale to wealthy sensible backers who give us £20m next year for purchase, £20m for wage losses, curbs as director of football and Powell as manager.

I'd rather it wasn't Saudi Arabia with the cash. It let's be honest it would be a sort of money laundering affair. (Can I just say that I have always had the highest respect for Abramovic as an owner of Chelsea.)
  • Options
    Strange appointment, and no idea why Powell doesn't want it. I'm sure the Derby fans would have much preferred him
  • Options

Strange appointment, and no idea why Powell doesn't want it. I'm sure the Derby fans would have much preferred him

Maybe Powell himself has his reasons why he may only want to be a number 2 for now.

Maybe Chris Powell is keeping his managerial perfect dry to come back to Charlton when the current regime finally effs off (keeping fingers and toes crossed for a this year sale to wealthy sensible backers who give us £20m next year for purchase, £20m for wage losses, curbs as director of football and Powell as manager.

I'd rather it wasn't Saudi Arabia with the cash. It let's be honest it would be a sort of money laundering affair. (Can I just say that I have always had the highest respect for Abramovic as an owner of Chelsea.)

I have been thinking even with a good owner here Powell may feel he may be under too much pressure to repeat 2012. Love him back though.
  • Options
    Nice to know SCP will remain as assistant manager. It doesn't often happen when a new manager comes in.
  • Options
    Maybe, regardless of all his success here, even knowing that 80% of us worship the socks off him, he has still heard certain people and certain groups of people saying he was a crap manager, tactically inept and all that bull, maybe it has slightly affected his confidence and self ability and he wants to learn more before he takes another head role in coaching.