Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Johnnie Jackson become the next Charlton Manager?

Comments

• Options
    Well he is as good as the shit they've lined up so far with no track record.out of all the names linked so far I say yes give him it.
  • Options

I hope not, we need an experienced manager to get us out of League 1 and continue the work in the Championship. Not a newbie learning his trade.

Powell was a newbie.......
  • Options
    drewman said:

I hope not, we need an experienced manager to get us out of League 1 and continue the work in the Championship. Not a newbie learning his trade.

Powell was a newbie.......
    As was curbs (in terms of manager).
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    If they wanted JJ they should have given it to him as soon as the season finished!

He is their 'afterthought' and if he has any sense whatsoever he will tell them to shove their job right up their Bakerloo Line! He deserves better than working at that level for that bunch of incompetent imbeciles!

PS: Twoshitsalot and Meire. Stick to what Belgian's do well! i.e. Waffles, Beer and Carbonade flamande! Coz you ain't no good at football! Walloonian buffoons!!
  • Options
    I'm confident it will be Slade, with Jackson his assistant.
  • Options

If they wanted JJ they should have given it to him as soon as the season finished!

He is their 'afterthought' and if he has any sense whatsoever he will tell them to shove their job right up their Bakerloo Line! He deserves better than working at that level for that bunch of incompetent imbeciles!

PS: Twoshitsalot and Meire. Stick to what Belgian's do well! i.e. Waffles, Beer and Carbonade flamande! Coz you ain't no good at football! Walloonian buffoons!!

Bakerloo line?
  • Options
    Feel he needs to concentrate on his lat year of his playing contract and club captain but that said it would be ok if he was say a first team coach with an experienced head coach he can learn from. Would like him to manage one day but not just yet. If it's him I'll get certainlly get behind him.
  • Options
    As airman says it's not important who they get in. The task is to get them out, the next manager is going to be their man one way or another. So they would have to go too.
  • Options
    An all time hero of mine and many. He has leadership without doubt and I liked the way he spoke after games. What I don't know is whether he is a tactician or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No. Have too much time for JJ to see him being used and abused by this lot.
  • Options
    I hope that Jacko does not accept the job if it is offered (as tempting as it might be for him).

He has zero coaching or managerial experience. The gig on offer would be practically impossible for an experienced manager, let alone someone who is starting out.

More fundamentally, it would be a case of Jacko being transparently used by the regime to try and paper over the cracks, given their inability and/or unwillingness to do what it necessary - namely, to appoint an experienced football league manager. Duchatelet's dismal reputation and his unwillingness to (a) grant contracts over 18 months (as Richard Murray explained, "a cultural thing"), (b) cede control over recruitment and broader football issues and (c) paying the going rate, has left us floundering.
  • Options
    Under new owners, then yes fair enough. Under these owners, then no for his own sake. He will get thrown under the bus and he deserves better.

Like people have said, any experienced manager would turn us down. Let's see how this pans out.
  • Options
    If Jackson is serious about a career in football management then he will have some form of career plan to develop his skills. It makes complete sense for him to do coaching at CAFC but as for managing the side? He needs to step away from Charlton and learn this under someone's wing somewhere else - not least because taking that distance gives him perspective and a different point of view. If he ever becomes CAFC manager he will need critical distance to be successful.
    Additionally, Roland and Katrien have an utterly poor reputation of how they treat their managers as we well know. Would we want to burden JJ's managerial career with that from the very start?
  • Options

Don't forget the chocolate! Probably best to forget the paedophilia.
  • Options
    Jacko has been doing his badges, and has his Academy, so is clearly interested in coaching, I just worry it might be too soon
  • Options
    Terrible idea for him, the club and the fans.

Great idea for Katrien and her troll boss.
  • Options
    Roland offers JJ the job but says he can only be manager if he wears the Del Boy outfit and stays in character for post match interviews.
  • Options
    I reckon Jackson will take the job if offered to him...

One of the reasons for accepting (I believe) will be the strong sense of loyalty he feels towards us Charlton fans, we all heard his interview after the Bolton game and the bloke feels responsible for our relegation so will do all he can to get us back into the Championship, and what better way to do it than as the Manager?

I did read one comment I just have to mention which is the fact that some feel Jackson will be just another Network Manager if he accepts the job... Load of bollocks I say!! The Belgians never signed him, he was at Charlton long beforehand!!
  • Options
    How can he be a manager independent of the network or regime?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JJ would be a fool to take the job under this current regime.
  • Options
    I've had last 3 quid from sky bet account on Simon Clark being named manager.
  • Options
    I hope not. JJ - i like you, but you will go down in my estimation if you agree to manage under this regime.
  • Options
    Oh Johnnie please don't do it.
  • Options
    will be a very interesting appointment if he takes it, he's certainly earned the fans support
  • Options

will be a very interesting appointment if he takes it, he's certainly earned the fans support

On the pitch he has earned the support - but not as manager under their instructions. Why on earth would he want to put himself in a position where he risks losing all the respect he has acquired from CAFC fans, aswell as failing at his first managerial experience?

This is nothing more than an idea to emotionally blackmail fans into attending matches again by appointing a well respected player into the position of manager. It's not a great match either. Whilst we are desperate for a man (or woman) to manage the team as a manger should, JJ will find it even harder to do that as he has no expeirence of player signings. How on earth can he be expected to take up the positoin of manager and hand in his list of wanted players? It's not going happen. They will mould him into nothing more than another one of their 'yes men'.........but then again - at least he knows he'll have a job for life just being passed around he network, so maybe that's what he wants?

This appointment is wrong on so many levels.

It will also be interesting to see if Slade, Adkins, Freedman - have actually been interviewed? Their representatives have said nothing. The club has said nothing. Exactly how much interest has been shown in appoiting these 'British' managers?
  • Options
    As I said on the manager thread -

Slade 1/4 Jackson gone out to 5/1 Adkins 6/1.