Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Johnnie Jackson become the next Charlton Manager?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    Slade 1/2 Adkins 7/4 Jackson out to 10/1.
  • Options
    "Will Johnnie Jackson become the next Charlton Manager?"
    Not if he has an atom of self respect. Working directly to squirrel face and roly doeshitalot will be for money grabbing cynics or woefully underqualified, unsuitable chancers.
    I'd like to think JJ has more self-awareness.
    If he took the job he couldn't be worse than Carol, could he? Please god no...
  • Options
    If he is offered the job he should decline it. He has my highest respect as a player and club captain.
    If he took the job, I have no doubt he will be used as the scapegoat and fired when it all goes tits up as it most surely will under these idiots. It is not worth the risk and would not assist his CV for future employment after he hangs his boots up.
    I would rather he maintained his dignity and be remembered for the outstanding contribution he has made for Charlton over the years.
  • Options
    Would Johnnie take it, a bit of me hopes not. If he did, I would expect a him to sit in a press conference and publicly state he has total control over the team affairs including who he signs and I would believe what he said. If he doesnt/can't say it would almost certainly being operated from above, I would not put it past this lot one little bit for trying it as we've seen its the way they work. But JJ is a better man than that of that I'm sure......
  • Options

If they wanted JJ they should have given it to him as soon as the season finished!

He is their 'afterthought' and if he has any sense whatsoever he will tell them to shove their job right up their Bakerloo Line! He deserves better than working at that level for that bunch of incompetent imbeciles!

PS: Twoshitsalot and Meire. Stick to what Belgian's do well! i.e. Waffles, Beer and Carbonade flamande! Coz you ain't no good at football! Walloonian buffoons!!

Bakerloo line?
    It was a knee jerk, off the cuff, reference Elf. Bakerloo Line is depicted as Brown on the tube map and predominantly heads South to North! It's the best I could do :smile:
  • Options
    My only fear is that if Jacko turns down the job, I can see the regime forcing him out of the club out of spite
  • Options
    He's better off out of it.
  • Options
    If he's offered it I'm sure he would take it.
  • Options
    He does want the job, let's see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My only fear is that if Jacko turns down the job, I can see the regime forcing him out of the club out of spite

I found myself having to explain my like selection as there isn't an "I agree" option.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I'm I the only fan to think this is a great thing for the club! Yes our club is run by idiots but the fact Jacko said in that interview that he what's to make sure we buy the right players to get the club back up to the championship and would be advising the owner and her who to go for in the transfer market!
  • Options

If they wanted JJ they should have given it to him as soon as the season finished!

He is their 'afterthought' and if he has any sense whatsoever he will tell them to shove their job right up their Bakerloo Line! He deserves better than working at that level for that bunch of incompetent imbeciles!

PS: Twoshitsalot and Meire. Stick to what Belgian's do well! i.e. Waffles, Beer and Carbonade flamande! Coz you ain't no good at football! Walloonian buffoons!!

Bakerloo line?
  • Options

Bakerloo line?
    I worry about you @ElfsborgAddick
  • Options

Bakerloo line?
    Don't know whether to flag or lol this?!
  • Options
    As the Yanks say, Jacko would just be a patsy - a fall guy. But he knows the situation, and would go in with his eyes open. Succeed or fail, if he were to take the job, it would be an unrepeatable experience.
  • Options
    1. He's already contracted to the regime
    2. He has his badges and wants the job
    3. It has reported he already has an input into player recruitment
    4. Nobody of any stature wants the job
    5. He knows the good/bad of our setup

Obviously someone else in the frame or it would have been announced already, but suspect it's a two horse race.
  • Options
    One thing is for sure... If he takes the job then he's got HUGE boots to fill following the last two men who have started their Managerial career at Charlton (i.e. Alan Curbishley and Chris Powell)
  • Options
    If he does become manager, we can look forward to some more Johnny Jackson hostage videos after we lose the first few games.

"We need you to get behind the boys... (or they'll kill my family)" :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only issue for me is that, based on Roland's track record, Johnny would be out of a job by Christmas.
  • Options
    Has he even got the required badges to become a manager yet? Or have the rules changed now and he doesn't need them?
  • Options
    You only need NVQ part 1 in League 1
  • Options

You only need NVQ part 1 in League 1

No problem. Just call his appointment interim, and no one will notice that he hasn't any badges.

Oh, hang on. They've already done that before.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Bakerloo line?
    Was worried about your memory as you'd posted this twice.

You can get your flag out for me if you like though (as long as it's bigger than PL54's)
  • Options

Bakerloo line?
    Was worried about your memory as you'd posted this twice.

You can get your flag out for me if you like though (as long as it's bigger than PL54's)
    Posted Bakerloo line twice? Not having that.

I'm getting ready to flag you.