Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Journalist Michael Calvin says that owners such as those at Charlton should be driven out

Independent on Sunday journalist Michael Calvin on Talk Sport's Kick Off programme stated that owners who have no real interest or respect for their club should be driven out.
He cited Charlton as an example. (approx. 7.40pm Tuesday 31/05 on Kick Off, Radio Talk Sport).

Comments

• Options
    He's right.
  • Options
    Well said, something the FA need to listen too, but sadly never will. Too many owners like Douche coming into the game with no sense of the history and fan loyalty that clubs have.
  • Options
    More problems with Blackpool,

Blackpool Football Club has received press reports of an incident that took place at the Riga Headquarters of Baltic International Bank, owned by Club President Valeri Belokon and his brother, Vilori.

LTV, the state owned public service broadcasting television company in Latvia, reported that the Economic Police, with the help of Special Force ‘Omega’, carried out a search of the bank on the afternoon of Monday 16 May 2016.

Investigators confirmed that the search was made in relation to criminal proceedings concerning money laundering within the group. The Economic Police, after searching the Bank and other related sites, detained one of the employees.

The search follows a recent €1.1m fine on Baltic International Bank from Latvia’s financial regulator due to repeated violations of laws regarding money laundering, terrorist financing and customer due diligence.

Blackpool Football Club’s board has repeatedly requested information as to the source of the funds that were invested by Mr Belokon and his associated companies into Blackpool FC. The Club’s Board has requested explanations concerning the disparity between the apparent source of funds and Mr Belokon’s previous statements. The requests have been made to both Mr Belokon and Mr Varpins, both directors of the Club, and to Mr Belokon and his company VBFA.

To date no satisfactory response has been given to the questions, or to the inquiries made by the Club’s board as to the involvement of a jointly owned company Maval Aktivi, of which Mr Belokon and Mr Maxim Bakiyev were owners before the company dissolved.

Such is the concern regarding these unfolding events that the Club’s board has taken the unprecedented step of informing the UK football authorities of their concerns, and contacting the financial regulatory authorities in Latvia and Kyrgyzstan to seek clarification and further information.

Blackpool Football Club has initiated the closure of its Baltic international account and the removal of its funds from the Baltic International Bank.

Blackpool Football Club will continue to do all in its power, via the board, to seek answers to the questions raised with Mr Valeri Belokon and Mr Kaspars Varpins.

Mr Valeri Belokon has declined to attend any Board Meetings at Blackpool Football Club for several years.

Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-3130421.aspx#5tPvsl61G3hahg27.99
  • Options
    Agree with Mr Calvin. Wish it was that easy though!
  • Options
    Pitchforks?

Can we run them out with pitchforks? Please?
  • Options
    What about those burning torches they have in vampire movies. Surely CARD could pay for a few dozen. Mind you, it'll be a challenge to drive Roland out when he is never here.
  • Options
    I can't help but think it will take an exorcist to drive Katrien out.

• Options
    I'm afriad he's here to stay - do you really think that some nobody speaking on Talksport saying bad things about him is going to irk him at all? - like feck it is.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

More problems with Blackpool,

Blackpool Football Club has received press reports of an incident that took place at the Riga Headquarters of Baltic International Bank, owned by Club President Valeri Belokon and his brother, Vilori.

LTV, the state owned public service broadcasting television company in Latvia, reported that the Economic Police, with the help of Special Force ‘Omega’, carried out a search of the bank on the afternoon of Monday 16 May 2016.

Investigators confirmed that the search was made in relation to criminal proceedings concerning money laundering within the group. The Economic Police, after searching the Bank and other related sites, detained one of the employees.

The search follows a recent €1.1m fine on Baltic International Bank from Latvia’s financial regulator due to repeated violations of laws regarding money laundering, terrorist financing and customer due diligence.

Blackpool Football Club’s board has repeatedly requested information as to the source of the funds that were invested by Mr Belokon and his associated companies into Blackpool FC. The Club’s Board has requested explanations concerning the disparity between the apparent source of funds and Mr Belokon’s previous statements. The requests have been made to both Mr Belokon and Mr Varpins, both directors of the Club, and to Mr Belokon and his company VBFA.

To date no satisfactory response has been given to the questions, or to the inquiries made by the Club’s board as to the involvement of a jointly owned company Maval Aktivi, of which Mr Belokon and Mr Maxim Bakiyev were owners before the company dissolved.

Such is the concern regarding these unfolding events that the Club’s board has taken the unprecedented step of informing the UK football authorities of their concerns, and contacting the financial regulatory authorities in Latvia and Kyrgyzstan to seek clarification and further information.

Blackpool Football Club has initiated the closure of its Baltic international account and the removal of its funds from the Baltic International Bank.

Blackpool Football Club will continue to do all in its power, via the board, to seek answers to the questions raised with Mr Valeri Belokon and Mr Kaspars Varpins.

Mr Valeri Belokon has declined to attend any Board Meetings at Blackpool Football Club for several years.

Read more at http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-3130421.aspx#5tPvsl61G3hahg27.99

It's long been a bitter relationship. Belokon accused Oyston of taking huge sums out of the club for his own companies, I've no doubt Oyston has been waiting for his opportunity. Reporting his own director to the authorities over an unrelated business in another country! I get the source point but Oyston really is a piece of work. Mind you, as he's also suing the club's fans, that's hardly news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no doubt we are winning the battles. Winning the war was always going to take time. As the Allies did during the Second World War, the enemy is being forced to lose ground - but I suspect VD day, Victory Against Duchatelet, is still some way off.
  • Options

There is no doubt we are winning the battles. Winning the war was always going to take time. As the Allies did during the Second World War, the enemy is being forced to lose ground - but I suspect VD day, Victory Against Duchatelet, is still some way off.

Shame its one of the first times that the Belgians havent just rolled over!!
  • Options

I'm afriad he's here to stay - do you really think that some nobody speaking on Talksport saying bad things about him is going to irk him at all? - like feck it is.

No - but neither is he going to respond significantly to any other single event yet it still adds to his difficulty in running the club by helping to cement the impression in the game that he is bonkers. This is a war of attrition and we keep chipping away.
    Exactly, owners like RD and Cellino at Leeds must be more widely exposed as being ruinous for the good of the game as a whole and the more people in the media who speak up the better.

Ray Wilkins this morning (again on Talk Sport) was barely keeping his emotions in check when talking about the phone-call sacking of Steve Evans at Leeds (the 6th managerial change at Leeds in two years - sound familiar?). No respect from the owner for fans and staff alike.

There are some rotten apples sitting in Boardrooms (in the case of RD sitting in a boardroom in Belgium) in some Football League Clubs and the more they are exposed as being bad for the game then perhaps just perhaps the authorities will review the criteria by which they allow people to take charge.

Where there has been an open admission of a questionable agenda (i.e Meire's revelations in Dublin which seem to dismiss any real Club ambition) then the owner should at least be called upon to explain himself.
  • Options

I will certainly give that a clap...

I'm gonna really cheer.
  • Options
    Well they managed it at STD Liege
  • Options
    Let's hope Roland's a goner here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Maybe we should get the Americans involved?
    I expect the Yanks will join in when they're sure of a victory. Or maybe the Yankees will snap us up and rebrand us as the Charlton Athletics or something.
  • Options
    Yes, they should be driven out. I can get 3 of them plus luggage in my car ....
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that Katrien rang me up to ask me to renew my ticket and casually mentioned "the new owner". I questioned her about this and she exclusively revealed that the sale had gone through that day and was about to tell me the new owner's name when I woke up.

I nearly cried when reality set in. Fortunately my little boy had snuck into our bed and chose that moment to tickle me so I didn't :)
  • Options
    se7oaks said:

Off_it said:

Maybe we should get the Americans involved?
    I expect the Yanks will join in when they're sure of a victory. Or maybe the Yankees will snap us up and rebrand us as the Charlton Athletics or something.
    Would not Oakland be a better fit?
  • Options

Pitchforks?

Pitchforks were the 'weapon' of choice of agricultural communities rising up in rebellion against their overlords. There were always handfuls of pitchforks lying around the farm.

In our modern urban community the only item readily to hand for the majority of people is the mobile phone. Yes, pitchforks would be nice but I suggest instead that thousands of us download Red Red Robin onto our mobiles set it to play at max and advance en masse on The Valley when Katrien is in residence there - we know she hates hearing it every time the team runs out.

Might just send her over the edge!
  • Options
    Ok I'm happy to bring a mobile phone as long as I'm also allowed to bring a pitchfork or similar pointy metal implement from the garden shed.

Wouldn't feel right going on a virtual witch lynching without some sort of agricultural implement.
  • Options

Pitchforks?

Pitchforks were the 'weapon' of choice of agricultural communities rising up in rebellion against their overlords. There were always handfuls of pitchforks lying around the farm.

In our modern urban community the only item readily to hand for the majority of people is the mobile phone. Yes, pitchforks would be nice but I suggest instead that thousands of us download Red Red Robin onto our mobiles set it to play at max and advance en masse on The Valley when Katrien is in residence there - we know she hates hearing it every time the team runs out.

Might just send her over the edge!
    I have a nasty feeling that either a billhook, a flail or a sickle/scythe might have been of more use against soldiery.

On the subject of mobile phones, maybe someone can develop/find an app of a flaming torch, and we could all just wave it above our heads.
  • Options
    Link here:

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1464717600#

Click 19:30 - 20:00 at the top
  • Options
    Cool, I know I have a bill hook in the shed.

Would recommend paying the £0.79 to remove ads from the Fire Fingers app. Not only can you create a decent flaming torch but you an also write supportive messages in fire to Katrien.