Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Journalist Michael Calvin says that owners such as those at Charlton should be driven out

2»

Comments

• Options

There is no doubt we are winning the battles. Winning the war was always going to take time. As the Allies did during the Second World War, the enemy is being forced to lose ground - but I suspect VD day, Victory Against Duchatelet, is still some way off.

Shame its one of the first times that the Belgians havent just rolled over!!
    I'm on holiday in Italy, and outside a church there was a memorial to the (many) local people who lost their lives resisting the Nazis. They had a ceramic tile each with their photo (where there was a photo) on it and date of births. Some were the same age as my boy or younger, some were women. This is something you will see in every town, and something not unique to Italy. In France and Belgium many brave souls lost their lives fighting for right. They were the most courageous people ever, and I was telling my son outside that church that remarks like above, not made maliciously I know, disrespect those people. I'm not being high and mighty, I made those remarks too in the past, before I understood. You cant all stand in front and see that or similar memorials, but it was one of the most moving of experiences for me and I will always speak up for those brave people.
  • Options

se7oaks said:

Off_it said:

There is no doubt we are winning the battles. Winning the war was always going to take time. As the Allies did during the Second World War, the enemy is being forced to lose ground - but I suspect VD day, Victory Against Duchatelet, is still some way off.

Maybe we should get the Americans involved?
    I expect the Yanks will join in when they're sure of a victory. Or maybe the Yankees will snap us up and rebrand us as the Charlton Athletics or something.
    Would not Oakland be a better fit?
    Oakland, yeah forgot about them. Hey they do some nice furniture. How about a nice oak sideboard instead of the fans sofa.