Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will the sofa be there next season?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BDL said "that BLOODY sofa, it won't be back BTW."
  • Options
    Target 20k mentioned on Twitter they had discussed replacing it with a kids dug out
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Target 20k mentioned on Twitter they had discussed replacing it with a kids dug out

Would it be slightly raised up, have three cushions on a nice sprung base with padded back and arms?
  • Options
    Perhaps we could have a raised plinth with a coffin on it. When Rolly dies he can be placed there as he will finally have time to attend.

Look forward to him attending a match soon.
  • Options
    Sorry about the added r.
  • Options
    That wouldn't surprise me, in normal times Pie Cam and The Sofa would have been fine, interaction on the screen and all that. But as the protests grew it became increasingly difficult to get positive reactions and fans not in a black and white scarf.

Also coupled with the fact that they key piece of equipment, Zoom lens, was never in place despite sponsors paying for the equipment to be bought. So the camera operators could never get into the North Upper or West Upper.

The sofa became a symbol of the regime and we half expected it's full destruction on the final game.

When I last asked there was no talk of a replacement, but that's not to say something else would take its place.
  • Options
    BDL said:

That wouldn't surprise me, in normal times Pie Cam and The Sofa would have been fine, interaction on the screen and all that. But as the protests grew it became increasingly difficult to get positive reactions and fans not in a black and white scarf.

Also coupled with the fact that they key piece of equipment, Zoom lens, was never in place despite sponsors paying for the equipment to be bought. So the camera operators could never get into the North Upper or West Upper.

The sofa became a symbol of the regime and we half expected it's full destruction on the final game.

When I last asked there was no talk of a replacement, but that's not to say something else would take its place.

Good to see the club showing total respect to sponsors as well as us fans
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

BDL said:

They sound like some Nigerian scam artist dont they... Their behaviour is truly staggering
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc999 said:

BDL said:

They sound like some Nigerian scam artist dont they... Their behaviour is truly staggering
    It's terrible.
  • Options
    BDL said:

And it's nice to be able to bloody well comment on something!!!!!!!!!!

Was there ever a Confidentiality Agreement or NDA that had to be signed whilst under their employment?
  • Options

BDL said:

Was there ever a Confidentiality Agreement or NDA that had to be signed whilst under their employment?
    There was/is social media policy for staff in place. I never had a contract though.
  • Options
    BDL said:

BDL said:

There was/is social media policy for staff in place. I never had a contract though.
    So despite some people wanting Charlton employees to speak their minds on CharltonLife and within the media etc. they truly cant because to do so (due to the Policy) would mean disciplinary action...?
  • Options

cafc999 said:

BDL said:

I feel guilty now for sending Duchatelet Money when he sent that email requesting financial help to tie him over while he sorted out his bank accounts. He promised a Premier return while all i had to do was sit back on the sofa and the good times would return.

The man is a cockwomble.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

BDL said:

I feel guilty now for sending Duchatelet Money when he sent that email requesting financial help to tie him over while he sorted out his bank accounts. He promised a Premier return while all i had to do was sit back on the sofa and the good times would return.

The man is a cockwomble.
    Dont worry its understandable... When an old / senile idiot gets robbed on his holiday to Nigeria your natural reaction is the help them in anyway possible
  • Options

BDL said:

BDL said:

So despite some people wanting Charlton employees to speak their minds on CharltonLife and within the media etc. they truly cant because to do so (due to the Policy) would mean disciplinary action...?
    Yes.
  • Options
    BDL said:

BDL said:

I'm sure ol' Tony would have quite liked to take one out on you after your piece in the SLP, Dave :wink:

• Options
    Where is poor Roger supposed to sit to recover from abusing fans and fellow players or to take a blow (in the regaining cardiovascular capability sense I hasten to add)?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring back the sofa, put it in the technical box instead of the corner, it would do a better job than Appleton.
  • Options
    If we act quick there is a sale on at DFS. 🏃🏻‍♀️