Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I Just Couldn't Care Less About...

I turned on the telly to watch this evenings game and it's Czech Rep v Croatia. Two teams I have no feelings for whatsoever. I don't like them, I don't dislike them. They do absolutely nothing for me. In domestic terms it feels like turning on the telly to find that Everton v Middlesbrough are on.

What are your "couldn't care less about" clubs? - Euros and domestic.

Comments

• Options
    Every club except England, Charlton, Halifax FC and Partick Thistle.

I would rather stick pins in my eyeballs than watch the Czech Rep v Croatia
  • Options
    The majority of teams would come under the heading of 'I just couldn't care less' for me, but that doesn't mean I don't mind watching. In some ways, I enjoy games more when I don't care about the result. I guess I have more of a problem with unfamiliarity. If I don't know any of the players, particularly in the Euros, I might be less inclined to watch. However, I am proud to say that I could name 6 players in the Czech Republic v. Croatia game without any prompting (and I could have done before the tournament started).
  • Options
    I like Croatia. They play pretty decent football. I reckon they'll get to the semi's, possibly the final.
  • Options
    I enjoy these games just because I don't have a liking or hatred for either team.

Watching it now and it's a decent game.

And Croatia take a deserved lead. Good side.
  • Options
    I enjoy this type of game .. Croatia do superbly for a country with a small population and the Czechs, when allied with Slovakia were always a force to be reckoned with. Games I don't want to watch ? .. I use the off button .. it's not been pressed so far during this interesting tournament
  • Options
    I absolutely love Croatia. In fact, after England and then Hungary (my parents homeland) I always have from the days of Davor Suker, one of my favourite all times players.

I am also talking through my pocket as I have backed them to win the Euros.
  • Options
    I never couldn't care less. Always have to pick a side, 99% of the time it's the underdog.
  • Options
    Backed Croatia at 25/1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iamdan said:

Backed Croatia at 25/1.

Me too - 38 average on Betfair.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I turned on the telly to watch this evenings game and it's Czech Rep v Croatia. Two teams I have no feelings for whatsoever. I don't like them, I don't dislike them. They do absolutely nothing for me. In domestic terms it feels like turning on the telly to find that Everton v Middlesbrough are on.

Beats watching the crap on the other side, hardly ever watch day time TV but quite enjoy the football starting at 2pm.
  • Options

I absolutely love Croatia. In fact, after England and then Hungary (my parents homeland) I always have from the days of Davor Suker, one of my favourite all times players.

I am also talking through my pocket as I have backed them to win the Euros.

Interesting that Hungary who disappeared as a power for a long time, easily beat Austria (an outsider fancied by a few), the old partner in the Austro-Magyar Empire ((:>)
  • Options
    I think Middlesborough are the most boring proposition of all time. Not helped by the fact we used to go away there and neither team would have a shot on goal for 90 minutes. Nor by the fact that the city is the intergalactic cultural black hole capital of the universe populated entirely by soulless drones and overweight humanised sheep.
  • Options

I enjoy these games just because I don't have a liking or hatred for either team.

I agree that Croatia have always tried to play football the right way, and I've always enjoyed watching them.

But if you want to create a bit of hatred in order to spice up your footie viewing, then get yourself a copy of Philip Kerr's "The Lady from Prague". He's a great writer, focused on the Nazi era, and in this book he exposes in graphic detail what went on in a Croat concentration camp, Jasenovac, where Croat Catholic Priests murdered hundreds of Serbs every day.

Having said all that, my hairdresser is a Croat, and is a really nice bloke.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I think Middlesborough are the most boring proposition of all time. Not helped by the fact we used to go away there and neither team would have a shot on goal for 90 minutes. Nor by the fact that the city is the intergalactic cultural black hole capital of the universe populated entirely by soulless drones and overweight humanised sheep.

sounds like the plot for a Philip K Dick story

• Options
    In the EPL it would have to be WBA, Hull City, Burnley or Crystal Palace - any other games I'd happily watch

Internationally I tend to not like the African Nations in the early stages and pretty much all Asian/Oceanic football internationals
  • Options

I agree that Croatia have always tried to play football the right way, and I've always enjoyed watching them.

But if you want to create a bit of hatred in order to spice up your footie viewing, then get yourself a copy of Philip Kerr's "The Lady from Prague". He's a great writer, focused on the Nazi era, and in this book he exposes in graphic detail what went on in a Croat concentration camp, Jasenovac, where Croat Catholic Priests murdered hundreds of Serbs every day.

Having said all that, my hairdresser is a Croat, and is a really nice bloke.
    never was a truer sentence written .. the Croats murdered thousand upon thousand of Serbs and Bosnians at the behest of Nazi Germany .. Kerr is, along with a few others one of the VERY best Briitsh authors of whom not a lot is known .. The whole Bernie Gunther series is superb .. Kerr also has a fictional series about the Premier League, they are more tongue in cheek but worth a look
  • Options
    Not a boring game this one
  • Options
    Got to admit, that was a pretty decent game.

I still feel nothing for these teams though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Also, big clubs v small clubs in cup games, because I'll always support the underdog.

Well, you do support Smallwall.

• Options
    I enjoy most games regardless of who's playing but the one exception is American football (soccer) I just don't enjoy it, not sure if it's some preconceptions or what but I just cant get into it.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I just love watching football in General

CAFCsayer said:

I just love watching football in General

Me too! I've have even while playing footy in the park with my son and daughter watched some guys /teens knocking the ball around quite well!!
  • Options
    Stig said:

It was a cracking game of football tbf. Shame a small number scumbags in the crowd decided to spoil it by throwing flares onto the pitch. If they can get get flares in past security what stops a wouldbe terrorist wanting to commit mass death getting a bomb in?

But the game had such an exciting finish. Croatia cruising. Czech get a goal back and get a stoppage time penalty. Scored and nearly won it. Why the Croatian defender has to have his hand in air I don't know. Even if it's accidental you are going to give the ref an easy choice. Keep your hands by your side. But I think it was deliberate.

Spain last night looked much more like the Spain we have come to know over recent years in light of the World Cup 2 years ago. Their 3rd was just lovely attacking football.
  • Options
    If I'm watching my own club/ country it's obviously tense because a goal could be scored at any second. I'm 100% gripped. If I'm watching a friend's club, I might have sympathy tension. If I'm watching someone I don't like, I can root for the opposition but will probably absent-mindedly play with my phone. But rarely bother watching games as a neutral unless something is riding on it.

Sometimes I can appreciate the tactics of a game as a neutral, but becoming increasingly bored of doing that. Funnily enough I'm camping in Sussex today and sought out a pub for the Ireland game, mostly because I thought I was missing out more than anything else.
  • Options
    I've loved watching Croatia, Iceland, and Italy in this tournament. Differing forms of underdogs, but each has their merits. I'm also one who hasn't hated a game in this tournament.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about the US Men's National Team. I grew up with English friends, loving English football, and then livd in England. The US team seems to have this undo arrogance and pomp and circumstance around it, including their supporters, "The American Outlaws." None of it appeals to me, and like a decent amount of US soccer, the whole think feels a bit manufactured.
  • Options
    Been here in Croatia for the last month.
    Croatian flags everywhere.
    Football mad nation.
    Smashing people feel sorry for them with the crowd trouble and final result.
    I watched the England win in Zagreb with a Dynamo Zagreb supporter.
    Great atmosphere.