Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England or Charlton???

Comments

• Although my relationship with Charlton is rather strained at present, they'll always take precedence 100%.

• Has to be Charlton
  • England
  • It has been a lifelong dream to see Charlton winning an FA Cup Final at Wembley.
  • dickplumb said:

It has been a lifelong dream to see Charlton winning an FA Cup Final at Wembley.

Good luck with that one mate :smiley: FA Trophy maybe.
  • Essex_Al said:

Always Charlton. Hurts me far worse when we lose than England lose.

100%
    Cast your mind back to the good old days of Premier League football.

On a Saturday we'd be coating Shearer/whoever for being a cheating, annoying c*** when playing us.

On a Wednesday the very same people would be cheering him on.

Never understood that.
  • dickplumb said:

It has been a lifelong dream to see Charlton winning an FA Cup Final at Wembley.

Good luck with that one mate :smiley: FA Trophy maybe.
    F*** it, that deserves a lol!
  • Wales, then Ireland, then England.

But above all Charlton winning any bloody thing!
  • England.
  • England all day, I love my club but I love my country more. The club/country debate only exists in football.
  • Sponsored links:

• England all day
  • Charlton. I enjoy seeing England win, but the only time I ever get uncontrollably emotional when watching a football match, is when Charlton are involved.
  • redsek said:

Why cant we have both?

Because the question has an 'or' in it?
    Whoosh!!

Why cant we want both England to win the World Cup and Charlton to win the FA Cup in the same year.

I mean there wont ever be a game between England and Charlton which decides who wins want so why cant we hope for both to happen!!

I'm an English Charlton fan so want both to win things just as much as the other
    We can want both and I do. The question, however, is which would mean the most to you.
  • England losing can annoy me for an hour or two: Charlton losing can ruin my weekends, weeks or even my summers.

As you can tell, most of my life is spent in a very unhappy state.
  • edited June 2016
    Mametz said:

England losing can annoy me for an hour or two: Charlton losing can ruin my weekends, weeks or even my summers.

As you can tell, most of my life is spent in a very unhappy state.

I'm the complete opposite - although more so over the last couple of years. A Charlton defeat is lost from the memory about 10 mins before the end of a game. I'm still pissed off about the last World Cup.
  • I am 100% both, couldn't pick between them, equal highs and lows following both
  • redsek said:

Why cant we have both?

Because the question has an 'or' in it?
    Whoosh!!

Why cant we want both England to win the World Cup and Charlton to win the FA Cup in the same year.

I mean there wont ever be a game between England and Charlton which decides who wins want so why cant we hope for both to happen!!

I'm an English Charlton fan so want both to win things just as much as the other
    We can want both and I do. The question, however, is which would mean the most to you.
    This is the thing both would mean just as much for me... Not once when celebrating would I think, oh its great we've won the World Cup but I wish Charlton had won the FA Cup and visa versa
  • Any of you England over Charlton lovers want to change their minds?

Total shite!
  • Sponsored links:

• The icemans transfer fee just went up a notch lol
    Not even gutted anymore regarding england, poor choice of team selection, just knew it would be a frexit.
  • Thought Sturridge looked wasted out on the right.
  • dickplumb said:

Do you believe in time Travel ?
  • edited June 2016
    Despite yet again another pathetic exit from a tournament I would still take an England tournament win over a Charlton FA cup final win. The FA cup has been devalued by its own organisation in the last few years and it seems like an England tournament win would be much less likely.
  • Essex_Al said:

Any of you England over Charlton lovers want to change their minds?

Total shite!

Because it's that easy isn't it?
  • Essex_Al said:

Total shite!

It's ok life at Charlton is soooo rosey so that will give everyone the pick me up they need
  • Essex_Al said:

Total shite!

You been living on the moon the last 10 months?
  • I am very passionate about England and get frustrated and upset when we do what we do in tournaments. But if given the choice of Charlton winning the league or cup or England, I wouldn't even have to think before saying Charlton. Surely it is alright to want them both to do well though. Charlton's season knocked me for six and England's tournament has made that 7!