Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    Make you right, he's a tough little fucker whilst I'm not convinced he's the best of the division I absolutely admire his attitude. Work harder, don't give up, take your lumps.

Such a shame we didn't get fights with him and burns or him and Mitchell (on his day the best in the division at least above 90% of world fighters, tragically didn't knuckle down during his years of peakness and when he did it was too late)

Crolla or Linares has to fight Flanagan after tonight that would be a smashing fight

• Options
    Stoppage 9-12 but could go either way.
    Everything crossed for Crolla, him and Quigg my favourite uk fighters.

A boxer that actively chases and fights the best AFTER a world title win is a rare thing recently. Come on Ant!
    Imagine him v Terry unification after. Massive fight for Manchester and the whole country.
  • Options
    Fuck me Dal, Lowe looks like you scared the shit out of him, hope you've had a good night
  • Options
    Such a tough one to call, but going for Anthony in 6/7 rounds!

Come on Million $!!
  • Options

Good trip mate, you get the boxing at the MEN, I get Marvels Universe at the O2!

You'll get your money's worth there mate.
    Went Thursday.
    Iron man v lizard man pisses all over Fury/ Klitschko
  • Options
    What a 6th round. Crolla's best until Linares opened up. Linares 3/4 ahead at moment, but Crolla working so hard.
  • Options
    Can't predict this at the mo
  • Options
    Crolla needs a ko here. Lot of good work, always going forward, but Linares so classy. Very good fight. Credit to both these guys.
  • Options
    Alexis Arguello standard performance by Linares. Crolla put him under pressure, but couldn't do it for the full 12 rounds.
  • Options
    Had it 116-112. Good fight, gutted for Crolla, just didn't have that extra level. Linares is class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted was no more than two rds in it Imo
  • Options
    Been out, how did Lowe do Dal?
  • Options
    He won mate, he had an issue with his calf's in the 2nd Rd they just tightened up he had very little movement. Virtually won on one leg at times

Very strange to see and he didnt understand or his team why it happend,

Was a piss easy fight for him

Linares is an excellent fighter if not a dirty bstd 6 low blows by the 4th Rd no way all an accident
  • Options

He won mate, he had an issue with his calf's in the 2nd Rd they just tightened up he had very little movement. Virtually won on one leg at times

Very strange to see and he didnt understand or his team why it happend,

Was a piss easy fight for him

Linares is an excellent fighter if not a dirty bstd 6 low blows by the 4th Rd no way all an accident

was surprised (to put it mildly) that the referee did not penalise him a point or 2 for the low blows .. they MUST have hurt Crolla and served to slow him down .. at the end though Linares was the superior fighter .. just about
  • Options
    The ref was a poor choice in my opinion terry o Connor is not athletic enough for a fight of such speed, constantly two paces off allowing blind side low blows to be easily executed unseen,

By the 6th Rd o Connor was in the most danger of failing to make the distance,

Was a great night though Linares looks like he could step into mma and win just like like a raw nasty horrible bstd
  • Options
    Even when you could see his reactions slowing as he was getting hit more he was still hitting with the same speed and power , maybe not as often but still doing it.

Talk of a rematch , I'm not so sure this is good for Crolla but then look at how much Kevin Mitchell hit Lanares before the eye started closing.
  • Options
    He has a punchers chance in a rematch. He was outclassed. Hearn and the team are either kidding themselves or need to re-watch the fight objectively.
  • Options

The ref was a poor choice in my opinion terry o Connor is not athletic enough for a fight of such speed, constantly two paces off allowing blind side low blows to be easily executed unseen,

Was a great night though Linares looks like he could step into mma and win just like like a raw nasty horrible bstd

Agree regarding being off the pace.
    But, disagree on the low blows. There were maybe 1 or 2 that could be regarded as low, the rest hit the belt from the countless tv replays I saw.

Crolla gave his all but ultimately Linares is just simply a better fighter. Quicker and harder than anything Crolla had been up against. No shame in losing that.

Was anyone else surprised that was the first time in 40+ bouts Linares has gone the distance?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Agree regarding being off the pace.
    But, disagree on the low blows. There were maybe 1 or 2 that could be regarded as low, the rest hit the belt from the countless tv replays I saw.

Crolla gave his all but ultimately Linares is just simply a better fighter. Quicker and harder than anything Crolla had been up against. No shame in losing that.

Was anyone else surprised that was the first time in 40+ bouts Linares has gone the distance?
    Very well put, I wasn't all that shocked it went 12 rounds as Crolla is that type of fighter and Linares hasn't been eating at the top table all that long. The right man won and only someone with absolute, undiluted belief in Crolla could have thought otherwise.
  • Options
    The result was right no doubt about it and Linares was so impressive, the 116-111 was a disgrace the fella needs to have a long hard look at himself, there was no way more than a two Rd swing in that fight

Crolla shouldn't go for the rematch and should look elsewhere Imo as I don't think he hits hard enough to stop Linares

Watching from that close and with current boxers is amazing listening to them and talking with them about the rounds and what they see that we don't with regards to weaknesses within fighters, all of them were watching Linares and shaking their heads in disbelief at his speed movement and accuracy with the hand speed, I watched it back and there were 4 that I think are low, but let's not think it detracted from the result and I don't think personally it affected the out come
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    What a fight that was

Frankie gavin vs Sam eggerton fight of the year contender

Well done Sam
  • Options
    Some fight that. Get in Sam!
  • Options
    Great fight, 6th round was brutal. Eggington has got some chin, took a fair few good clean shots and didnt even blink.
    Agogo was shockingly bad and not sure he has what it takes for even a decent domestic career
  • Options
    What a fight, Eggington didn't let Gavin settle. First time I've seen him good fighter.
  • Options
    6th was the best round I've seen for a long time
  • Options
    Thought Galvin looked out of shape and as a result probably fighting at least one division too heavy. Great heart though.
  • Options
    Gavin has always looked like a small welter but never looked at dropping to light welter. Then came in over weight for the fight vs Sam.
    He has so much talent but never seems to live up to it.
    Take nothing away from Eggington, I fancied him to win. Only wish I put more than a tenner on him.
  • Options
    Gavin was a great amatuer and is now a bang average pro.
  • Options
    Surprised Eggington done it, Skeete made an absolute mockery of him in his last fight
  • Options
    He didn't take the skeete fight seriously enough he admitted that he thought he was billy big bollox and got what he deserved for it