Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billy Sharp and Carlton Cole

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ha! Very good, although I think someone had probably signed the cheating little prick by then knowing how early they sign them these days.
  • Options
    Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

We knew he was a fan and we still didnt sign him
  • Options
    Sweat when you're roasting.
    You only sweat when you're roasting.

Carlton bleeding cole... leave it out.
  • Options
    Iwelumo would be a cheaper option. Granted he's only had one good season, then again not sure col would let him leave for another champ team.
  • Options
    Sorry chaps, but who is this Iwelumo fella? I don't think his name has made it out here yet!
  • Options
    he plays for colchester, and made a really good partnership with Jamie cureton. Cureton scored 23 and iwelumo scored about 19 or something!

I wouldnt punt on him tho!
  • Options
    Iwelumo is available on a Bosman free.
  • Options
    I think the point about Cole is he has failed to show his potential in the Prem, would much rather spend any cash we get on players who at least might do something if we got promoted..
  • Options
    Too much baggage with the likes of Carlton Cole.

We need to buy players who see Charlton as a step up, either with a view to getting into the Premiership with CAFC or impressing watching EPL scouts. In the recent past those sort of players have performed for Charlton - Mendonca, Darren Bent, kinsella, Danny Mills etc. Those who've been transferred from other EPL clubs know they are stepping down a bit and they bring their ego with them - Danny Murphy, Marcus Bent, JFH etc.

Give me a kid who wants to play and will run his heart out for the club, they might not be the most talented and have question-marks about whether they can really hack it at EPL level but every now and again you discover a real gem. People doubted whether Darren Bent could make it a Premiership level - but only Charlton took the gamble, now his value has tripled/quadrupled and maybe more.
  • Options
    eek, hate the phrase EPL..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OI ADMIN!!

A good thing about netaddicks was that you couldn't say that tw*t's name, you had to do something like c*rlt*n f*ck*ng c*le

Can we please ban the use of his name here too, especially in thread titles?