Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fan lets rip

Comments

• Options

Possibly the angriest and most inarticulate person I've seen of late - is he a UKIP MEP?

just cant help mentioning politics - still sore after brexit vote :wink:
    Replace "UKIP MEP" with "Labour remain voter".
    Spot on with that

You obviously don't listen to the drivel UKIP come out with!
  • Options

Possibly the angriest and most inarticulate person I've seen of late - is he a UKIP MEP?

I'm a lefty and would be saying exactly the same if I'd paid to go and watch that tripe
  • Options
    haha proper rant love it
  • Options
    Remember him from years ago up at wolves when we beat them 4-0 going absolutely apeshit at half time
  • Options

Not sore at all - his level of anger just reminded me of some of the right wing ranting I've heard recently - just being topical.
    Anyway, Brexit vote was ages ago - we've all moved on.
    Speak for yourself, I'm going to be miserable for weeks to come, if not months.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Didn't cheer you up though with your insult.

I found him quite articulate myself.

Other than the AIDS comment, if I heard correctly.
    Yes, that's what I heard too.

Yeah, I heard that too, as did my mate who originally showed me this.

I get that it's a stupid thing to say, but worth noting and remembering (or informing) that AIDS was a forgotten plague in the US, killed 400-500k (and those are very rough estimates) in the US in the '80s and '90s.

It remains a massive problem in sub-saharan Africa.

I know that he's probably not aware of the American plague, as many Americans aren't, and may only at best be tangentially aware of the current problems with AIDS/HIV. Just wanted to put down for the record that it's a very serious disease not akin to watching a tactically static technically poor England performance.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    cafctom said:

It's a bloke ranting about a football match...Does it need to be turned into some sort of political/humanitarian lecture?!

Does he need to describe it as "Like watching AIDS?"

I tried really hard to stress this is poorly/not thought out rather than disrespectful or whatever. And I genuinely apologize if what I wrote came off as preachy, it was really meant to be more informative because, as I said, it's something that happened here and isn't widely known about.

What I take issue with, as a concept, is this notion that you can say whatever you want "because it's in the heat of the moment," or because you're at the football, you're emotional, whatever.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It's a bloke ranting about a football match...Does it need to be turned into some sort of political/humanitarian lecture?!

Exactly mate......for fuck sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    He a top bloke just hope he can make a few quid from it all . Just remember xxxxxxxxxxxx when you're loaded you can buy me a beer or two.all my mates at work are on about it
  • Options
    Good god - he hasn't murdered anybody. It's just a harmless rant with a few choice words.

It's about the only half decent thing to come out of Monday. I only wish some of the tossers on the pitch could have heard it.
  • Options
    Mads
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more soapy.
    I have mentioned it numerous times on here, but maybe this whole big business football is why non league gates have risen year on year
  • Options

May be getting long in the tooth n all and i realise the craic of being away with England, i did it myself in my yoof BUT anyone spending 100 or 1000's of well earned on that shower of shite need their bumps feeling. It's now like they are working off script for every championship. In fact i reckon the FA will just change the folder, amend the dates and location and off we go again for Russia 2018.

Fundamental grassroots change will never be on the agenda of the FA, the Premier League or those with their snouts in an overbrimming trough of money...

So sad.

Hard to disagree. I used to be a regular with England home and away. spent an absolute fortune in the 2010 World Cup and decided that was my tipping point in terms of away travel. Think I've only managed 4 games outside of England since then. Even the craic wears off after a while.
  • Options

Mads

Can we lose that mate??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

cafctom said:

I tried really hard to stress this is poorly/not thought out rather than disrespectful or whatever. And I genuinely apologize if what I wrote came off as preachy, it was really meant to be more informative because, as I said, it's something that happened here and isn't widely known about.

What I take issue with, as a concept, is this notion that you can say whatever you want "because it's in the heat of the moment," or because you're at the football, you're emotional, whatever.
    I think its a strange expression to roll off the tongue, doesn't really make sense. Bit different to saying something sub consciously uber offensive like a racist or homophobic comment.
  • Options

Replace "UKIP MEP" with "Labour remain voter".
    Spot on with that

You obviously don't listen to the drivel UKIP come out with!
    Matter of opinion if its drivel or not

• Options
    I'm offended by the permanently offended

1981 spent a fortune following that shit to Switzerland, Hungary and Norway.
    Things don't change, well done to the gent for leting rip
  • Options
    drewman said:

SDAddick said:

cafctom said:

I think its a strange expression to roll off the tongue, doesn't really make sense. Bit different to saying something sub consciously uber offensive like a racist or homophobic comment.
    Agreed, and thank you for taking the time to read what I actually wrote. I didn't say he was an awful person, this is disgusting and offensive, or anything like that. If I'd found that to be the case, I would have said so. What I said was, or at least what I genuinely intended was, "hey, I don't think he knows this, but here's why this isn't an okay comparison to use when talking about a football match."
  • Options
    very funny
  • Options
    Has he bumped into Katrien on a train yet?
  • Options
    @AddickFC81 can you edit your post
  • Options

Conveyed what many across the country were feeling I thought.

You just know if he had mentioned he was Millwall most on here would stick the boot in about his language and choice of words.

Always the victim........
    True though

• Options
    Class, can we have him as the fan representative on the board? It'll certainly make Latriens curlys straighten up!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    cafctom said:

Course it does... the CL rapid response let you know my point of view about everything unit are always on standby!