Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fan lets rip

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016

cafctom said:

It's a bloke ranting about a football match...Does it need to be turned into some sort of political/humanitarian lecture?!

Course it does... the CL rapid response let you know my point of view about everything unit are always on standby!
    It's true, my opinion on AIDS=AGAINST!!! ;)

Chicken Pox? Jury is still out.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

SDAddick said:

cafctom said:

It's a bloke ranting about a football match...Does it need to be turned into some sort of political/humanitarian lecture?!

Does he need to describe it as "Like watching AIDS?"

I tried really hard to stress this is poorly/not thought out rather than disrespectful or whatever. And I genuinely apologize if what I wrote came off as preachy, it was really meant to be more informative because, as I said, it's something that happened here and isn't widely known about.

What I take issue with, as a concept, is this notion that you can say whatever you want "because it's in the heat of the moment," or because you're at the football, you're emotional, whatever.
    the boozer you
    Don't get him started , in the late 1980s the word "boozer" was used to describe an alcoholic in 34 of the 50 States in the goold old US of A and was initially an offensive term that would lead to grown adults crying if described as such .
    So your casual unintended reference to SDAdiick as a "boozer" may lead to him being over offended just for the sake of it , not that that would ever be the case
    I actually had to Google that :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boozer

One more time, because why not, at no point did I say I was offended. I was just pointing out that while AIDS seems an abstract term to many, many people, that's not the case for me, and was just explaining why. It feels like people just assumed I was offended because I pointed out he used the term "AIDS." I don't fault him for it, it's an abstract concept to him.
  • Options
    Could be the new Charlton Claude.
  • Options
    We all know what AIDS is! But thanks for telling us...

I have just watched twice again to cheer myself up and still feel the tears of laughter welling up. It will never get old to me.

• Options
    These days art also consists of making videos and such like and putting them on a loop. If this video was a piece of modern art people would say it encapsulates everything about our world in 2016.
    The video is a commentary on everything from technology to obesity, from hope to despair, from education to fashion.
    The video needs to be preserved for all time.
  • Options

May be getting long in the tooth n all and i realise the craic of being away with England, i did it myself in my yoof BUT anyone spending 100 or 1000's of well earned on that shower of shite need their bumps feeling. It's now like they are working off script for every championship. In fact i reckon the FA will just change the folder, amend the dates and location and off we go again for Russia 2018.

Fundamental grassroots change will never be on the agenda of the FA, the Premier League or those with their snouts in an overbrimming trough of money...

So sad.

The FA have a folder?!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Conveyed what many across the country were feeling I thought.

You just know if he had mentioned he was Millwall most on here would stick the boot in about his language and choice of words.

If he were Millwall I'd be complementing him on how eloquent he was :wink:
    Are you an interior designer by any chance... :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know the bloke really well he's charlton through and through and hardly ever misses a game, that includes pre season games abroad. After the season we've just had I suppose he felt a bit miffed that England are just as bad.
  • Options

Hahaha only on CL would a video of a bloke saying Cnut about 15 times not bother anyone but his use of the word AIDS does.

Or, to be fair, "only on Charlton Life" would someone ignore the dozens and dozens of positive "well done mate" type comments and focus on one or two negatives as if it were somehow symptomatic of everyone who posts on here.

(not directly aimed at you by the way VG, but am sure you get my drift. Blud.)
  • Options
    If he had instead shouted 'this cancer' would that be ok?

Can't see the issue. Still laughing at it after many watches.
  • Options
    I've just watched again. I hate the C word. Really hate it. But that vid I will keep on watching.

I hope he comes to the Swan on the 23rd. I'm going to buy him a few pints for making me cry with laughter.
  • Options
    Promotes me to try and watch again and the link on page 1 didn't work. I thought we had embedded it in the page, can't see it.

Where did you watch it again from @Curb_It?

Need another laugh today, not been a good one.
  • Options
    The ability to get a single syllable swear word into the middle of a two syllable swear word is a rather remarkable achievement and shows a deep understanding of the English language.

Sir, I salute you.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Some politically correct has removed it. I wanted cheering up the bastards!

OOps!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we get stuffed at Bury i reckon i can get him to go again:-)
  • Options
    The link doesn't work for me unfortunately
  • Options
    cafctom said:

"Fucking fifty grand a week fucking prostitutes cocaine fucking limousines. C*nts!"

That line is just glorious, isn't it?

Factually incorrect though. All of them are on more than 50 grand a week.....
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    My season's been shit and now my summer is shit..... I wonder if he voted to remain. ;o)
  • Options
    You absolute star!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thought it was funny myself. Some people take themselves and life to seriously who find fault with what he said
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I've just watched again. I hate the C word. Really hate it. But that vid I will keep on watching.

I hope he comes to the Swan on the 23rd. I'm going to buy him a few pints for making me cry with laughter.

Give him a cwtch from me B.
    Fecking hilarious!!!