Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wales have really put England to shame!

Massive congratulations to a team that fielded 3 Championship players, only 3 players who finished in the top 4 for their clubs and their top substitute Striker is Simon Church who was useless for us.

Here is my own theory to build a successful team:

1) If you field a team that is highly rated but they only play as individuals and they don't click they will not do as well as others thought they would. I'm referring to teams like England, Chelsea and Holland!

2) If you field that are average rated or near to useless but they click well and they play as a team then that's what you call successful! I'm referring to teams like Leicester City, Wales, Iceland and even Northern Ireland!

To those who says 'we are not producing enough players to build a World Class England side' then you need to look at the teams I've mentioned in section two.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    DiscoCAFC said:

Massive congratulations to a team that fielded 3 Championship players, only 3 players who finished in the top 4 for their clubs and their top substitute Striker is Simon Church who was useless for us.

1) If you field a team that is highly rated but they only play as individuals and they don't click they will not do as well as others thought they would. I'm referring to teams like England, Chelsea and Holland!

2) If you field that are average rated or near to useless but they click well and they play as a team then that's what you call successful! I'm referring to teams like Leicester City, Wales, Iceland and even Northern Ireland!

To those who says 'we are not producing enough players to build a World Class England side' then you need to look at the teams I've mentioned in section two.

That's why Leicester won the league for the first time even though they have always been underdogs, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Iceland have never won fuck all.

Chelsea have won the league, Holland and England have won International honours,

None fucking argument pal in all honesty.

Just sheer brute and determination.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I thought church was at least early 30s. He is 27!? Would say vokes is their "top substitute striker". Wales played very well, we put ourselves to shame unfortunately, again.

Was interesting to see which academies the Wales players came from compared to the England players. Is that partially because academies outside the top four are not that bad though? Would like to see someone like Eddie howe come in myself, learn the set-up top to bottom. Not influenced by the big teams perhaps?
  • Options
    *i'd like to see the FA not be forcing the managers hand to play players because of sponsorship and media attention.

*Just my opinion
  • Options
    Eddie However?
  • Options
    Manager, Manager, Manager.

That's what it comes down too,
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

That's why Leicester won the league for the first time even though they have always been underdogs, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Iceland have never won fuck all.

Chelsea have won the league, Holland and England have won International honours,

None fucking argument pal in all honesty.

Just sheer brute and determination.
    You're talking out of your backside and you're totally missing my point. I'm referring to what's happend recently, not history!
  • Options

Youd hv been up for Chris Coleman 4 years ago then Gaz
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    England have no team spirit and can never live with the pressure.
    They need someone like Klinsmann or Klopp.
    In fairness, Wales had no pressure.
    But they also had a plan, tactics and self-belief in their ability - and it was not all about Bale tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the fckin FA , end of, the yes men they employ are simply that.

Hence no clough, redknapp, Venables walks,.

Alardyce is or out I fear but FA wouldn't do it.

We need a fighter on the touchline, never had one.

Bilic for me, foreign or not, I don't care, young (for a manger) and will win at any cost.
  • Options
    Nevermind England they put Belgium, seeded 2nd in the world against Wales 26th, to shame.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Eddie However?

Who? ;)
  • Options
    They couldn't have done it without the moral support of Simon church!

Well done Wales.
  • Options
    Our players don't care about our country.

Much like many of the youngsters nowadays. No pride. No belief in those they represent.

Regardless of those above them as manager or as FA - the elite English players, in the main, only care about themselves.
  • Options
    Wales played as a team. Three exceptional players for me were Tamsey, Williams and Bale, but they set up knowing that.

In England teams every man seems to function as a part of his ego extension.
  • Options
    I get that (as most of the pundits say) that Roy didn't have a clue what to do going into the tournament.

However, in the game against Iceland the England players were a disgrace to the country.

No heart, not much commitment and no application.

Wales have more of a game plan but also ten times as much heart.
  • Options

Didn't do much at club level.
  • Options
    Having money that you don't deserve or simply too much too young will probably delude the soul...the pride and the need to work in order to achieve.

The England players of course have worked hard in their lives otherwise they wouldn't be where they are today...but the players just don't have a natural affiliation with each other...and then when you mix that with a less then par performance, your going to get a storm.

Well done wales.

Keep going, keep dreaming.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no pride in England as there is in Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Only fear.
  • Options
    Taking the micky out of players like church. There's the difference, Wales value every player in the squad, they want to play for each other and the country, an absolute desire to compete and win. They know they don't have the same skill set man for man but compensate for that with this team mentality
  • Options
    I'm hoping Slade is for Charlton as Coleman is for Wales.
  • Options
    The paradox being that England is the only team to have beaten Wales in the tournament.
  • Options
    Nice pre-qualifying interview with Ashley Williams. Especially the last bit, which England players should read.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-ashley-williams-cardiff-8900494
  • Options
    Wales have better players than us. Williams, Ramsey, Allen and Bale are all better players than our squad has. We really do overrate our players. Add to that tactics and team spirit and they're flying. Good for them.
  • Options

There is no pride in England as there is in Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Only fear.

Totally agree, it's all about pride.
  • Options
    Well done Wales

It's NOTHING to do with academies as the 3 Wales goal scorers are all English players, who probably chose Wales as they felt they had no chance of playing for England

Watching the highlights, as Giggs says, the Wales players all know the system, which they've played for years. Roy couldn't decide what system to play, and mangled it to fit in certain players, rather than the other way round. Ben Davies is a club LB, but for Wales is a left side CB in a back 3, it's him that adapts to the Welsh system, not the other way round.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    Brilliant performance from Wales. That second goal from Robson-Kanu was excellent. How can Robson-Kanu not have a club ? An excellent team performance, and Bale has real star quality.

A really good game to watch, Belgium played well and full of talented individuals but were undone again by an excellent team performance.

Shame the referee gave a soft yellow card to Ramsey, as the full Welsh team definitely had a chance to beat Portugal. Not sure Wales will be able to do it without Ramsey. It would be brilliant to see Ronaldo lose out to Bale.