Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wales have really put England to shame!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't we beat Wales 2-1?
  • Options
    I don't see why there needs to be constant comparison to England. Whatever happens in this tournament, Wales have done great. With that said, I still fancy England's chances of qualifying for the World Cup to be higher than theirs' by quite some distance.

Copying what Wales are doing simply wouldn't work with England and the players we have (who are of a much higher quality, regardless of this tournament).
  • Options
    Wales have clearly made the most of the resources available; England did not. But, Wales aren't a great side. They just play as a team. We've seen it at The Valley. You can argue all day about whether Powell's squad was stronger than last year's relegated squad. There probably wasn't much in it except one played as a team.

Let's not forget that Wales clung on for dear life against England. They nearly made it but were deservedly beaten. What happened to England against Iceland is less comprehensible. All I can assume is that there was a dressing room bust up on the day of the game as we didn't look like a team. Wales do play as a team and have one or two very good players. They have been lucky enough to end up by a fluke in a weak half of the draw. They could easily get murdered if they reach the final.
  • Options
    Its not all bad our players are currently recharging their batteries and will be back to be even more … er … complacent?

Bill Shankly once said that he’d never seen a good player emerge from a centrally heated house. OK times change, but I believe that there is some logic in there somewhere.

• Options
    Wales V Iceland in the final could get nasty with loads of pissed up shepherds travelling
  • Options
    The only way to match the team spirit other teams have would be to take a team made up of 50% Prem players and 50% Championship.
  • Options
    I even thinking about exactly that, whether England would be better off using championship players rather than a team of premiership jerk offs.
  • Options
    I am delighted for Wales, as others have said they played exceptionally well as a team. Against England they conceded 70% possession, had 8 shots to England's 20, both managed to put 25% of those shots on target. England's keeper was to blame for the Wales goal, as he was for Iceland's second and arguably Russia's equaliser. Wales scored a late winner against Slovakia via a miss-hit pass and a scuffed shot. Fine margins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's the fckin FA , end of, the yes men they employ are simply that.

Hence no clough, redknapp, Venables walks,.

Alardyce is or out I fear but FA wouldn't do it.

We need a fighter on the touchline, never had one.

Bilic for me, foreign or not, I don't care, young (for a manger) and will win at any cost.

Agree. The FA really need to look at themselves before they consider appointing another manager. Look at that buffoon the other day in that farcical press conference with Hodgson. He stated that he would be on the board of 3 that will select the new manager. Then, 10 minutes later, said that he didn't know anything about football!! Utterly ridiculous. What's his claim to fame? He was the CEO of a biscuit company and also the fella who gave Lineker the lead role in the Walkers crisps adverts - brilliant. What the f*** is all that about?
  • Options
    Blimey, I'm gonna have to be Welsh for the day, going to the semi in Lyon.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Bilic for me, foreign or not, I don't care, young (for a manger) and will win at any cost.

Agree. The FA really need to look at themselves before they consider appointing another manager. Look at that buffoon the other day in that farcical press conference with Hodgson. He stated that he would be on the board of 3 that will select the new manager. Then, 10 minutes later, said that he didn't know anything about football!! Utterly ridiculous. What's his claim to fame? He was the CEO of a biscuit company and also the fella who gave Lineker the lead role in the Walkers crisps adverts - brilliant. What the f*** is all that about?
    Gary Neville has got off very lightly in the press.
    I really like his analysis on Monday night football but there is no doubt in my mind some the facial decisions were combined between him and Hodgson.

I also heard reports as well the other night from media present at press conferences for the England team that Joe Hart had told players not to answer any questions in the camp.
    At the camp they had snooker, table tennis, darts the usual stuff to beat the boredom after training. A press guy asked who won the comps at said sport and they refused to answer?
    They really Fucked the media off from the tournament, no wonder they get crucified in the press for every little thing that happens.

I really get the feeling there is no 'fun' at these major tournaments for the Engalnd players, it should be fun, a crack with lads, it builds team spirit, it just looks fucking boring, and it showed on the pitch against Iceland, they looked bored and disinterested.
  • Options
    On TV they said Wales had beaten the team rated number two in the World, which made them number one---- well England beat Wales so we are number one !!!!! Fecking outstanding , bring back Roy ---- get the trash back off their private beaches open top bus ride being booked.

• Options

My comment from another thread on the same subject:

"Look at who is choosing Roy's successor. I think that says all you need to know.

Precisely no matches as professional footballers at any level, exactly no matches as first team coach or manager between them.

One is clearly excellent at playing the office politics game, one a professional rider of gravy trains and the other makes lovely biscuits..."
  • Options

My comment from another thread on the same subject:

"Look at who is choosing Roy's successor. I think that says all you need to know.

Precisely no matches as professional footballers at any level, exactly no matches as first team coach or manager between them.

One is clearly excellent at playing the office politics game, one a professional rider of gravy trains and the other makes lovely biscuits..."
    I see what you're saying but in any meeting you have to have someone who can provide lovely biscuits.
  • Options
    I get the pride and passion aspect and they deserve to get as far as they have. And I wish our England players showed more determination for their country. But how can you feel passion for a country which you born into through your grandparents. 9 their team are English. They only picked Wales for their careers, and took that opportunity away from Welsh people. Wrong IMO
  • Options
    edited July 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Blimey, I'm gonna have to be Welsh for the day, going To get a semi in Lyon.

• Options
    This is nothing to do with passion in my opinion. if you ask any top manager of any International or club team "Name your best eleven" they could do it in a heartbeat, unlike Roy who didn't have a clue he would still be thinking now and that is the difference. Wales play a consistent team in a formation they understand and know it's works that is why they are successful and we are not. After every tournament we get this "roots and branch change" bullshit but nothing happens. Until we stop using players out of position (Rooney) and unfit players (Wiltshire) we will never succeed because we make the same mistakes over and over again.....madness.
  • Options

This is nothing to do with passion in my opinion. if you ask any top manager of any International or club team "Name your best eleven" they could do it in a heartbeat, unlike Roy who didn't have a clue he would still be thinking now and that is the difference. Wales play a consistent team in a formation they understand and know it's works that is why they are successful and we are not. After every tournament we get this "roots and branch change" bullshit but nothing happens. Until we stop using players out of position (Rooney) and unfit players (Wiltshire Wilshere) we will never succeed because we make the same mistakes over and over again.....madness.