Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Pickwick- Woolwich Road- Has this closed?

I heard the sad news on the last day of the season that this was possibly closing.

Does anyone know if this has happened? Gutted if so, as really enjoyed my pre-match pint in there.

Comments

• @Nicholas is your man.

He is Mr Pickwick.
  • It's definitely still open.
  • It's definitely still open.

That is excellent news.
  • 30th of this month it closes.
  • Yeah landlady said it was likely to close in the summer, they were doing their upmost best to keep it open but with the info from Baldybonce looks like they lost. Shame really nice little pub with a huge beer garden and a dartboard what more could ya want. Gonna be no where left to drink soon.
  • As outdated as football club owners actually giving a shit about the club they own.
  • Looks like we will all be drinking in the new Frankie and Benny's at this rate....Sigh
  • Bugger, I've been going in there on match days for years.
  • At least it will please the owners of the Rose of Denmark
  • Sponsored links:

• At least it will please the owners of the Rose of Denmark

Not been the same since the old Irish couple left, takes far to long to get served in there.
  • Nicholas said:

Yeah landlady said it was likely to close in the summer, they were doing their upmost best to keep it open but with the info from Baldybonce looks like they lost. Shame really nice little pub with a huge beer garden and a dartboard what more could ya want. Gonna be no where left to drink soon.

The brewery wanted 84,000 for a new lease I've just been told.
    Most of my misspent youth revolved around the pub, from when it was the Roupell.
  • Remember the Roupel in the 60's - Friday night Bands in the back hall. happy days. Deep Joy.
  • Bugger, I've been going in there on match days for years.

Well if you are joining the home game boycott you won't miss it at least for this season.
  • Looks like the White horse is having problems to. It's closed and the windows are smashed.
  • Remember the Roupel in the 60's - Friday night Bands in the back hall. happy days. Deep Joy.

Steve Maxted in the 70s.
  • We was told that The Pickwick will have new owners and it's staying open which is really good news
  • DA9 said:

Nicholas said:

Yeah landlady said it was likely to close in the summer, they were doing their upmost best to keep it open but with the info from Baldybonce looks like they lost. Shame really nice little pub with a huge beer garden and a dartboard what more could ya want. Gonna be no where left to drink soon.

Most of my misspent youth revolved around the pub, from when it was the Roupell.
    Friday nights in there when terry naylor used to pull pints.
    The real Terry Naylor, or the one that used to play for Charlton?
  • We was told that The Pickwick will have new owners and it's staying open which is really good news

I hope they do not bother decorating it so to preserve the character of the place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Class boozer
  • The Roupell was the pub my mum and dad met in during the secord world war.

Even have a photo hanging on the wall of my football room at home of my five uncles about to board a coach to the cup final 1947 taken outside The Roupell.

Real Charlton pub back in days gone by.
  • Think there are general plans for a bit of a session in there on 30th July, which is on or about their last day; it would be good if regulars old and new could make it a special evening for Martin & Diane so they go out with the tills ringing.
  • Was in there one Saturday night in the 80s with the B Mob lads when it kicked off with some local numpties.
  • That must have been nice for you
  • Has this closed down then people?
  • Advised (at the going-out party) that it had been bought up by someone who wanted to keep it pretty much as-is, but needed a couple of weeks to sort things out, refurnish the B&B etc. I've rung the phone number a couple of times and it says 'this phone is not currently accepting calls' (rather than being dead) which suggests it's awaiting transfer of the number rather than a disconnect.

Remain hopeful that if it's not open for this match, it'll be sorted by the next one. But I've been disappointed before...
  • Off_it said:

DA9 said:

Nicholas said:

Friday nights in there when terry naylor used to pull pints.
    The real Terry Naylor, or the one that used to play for Charlton?
    The ex Charlton player
  • This is from the weekend.

https://neilclasper.com/

Looks firmly closed to me