Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Batman - Suicide Squad

Been looking forward to this film for way over a year now.
I'm one of those weirdos that goes cinema on my own and hates everyone and everything around me, especially making noise.

The Batman V Superman film, I thought, was surprisingly good considering the bad reviews. Was always gana be a heavy workload and build expectations that won't ever be reached by anything.

The re-invented different looking "The Joker" doing evil stuff and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn major sex appeal plus 20 trailers they've already released would have already sold it like crazy.

No stand out point to this thread.

I just wanted to talk about it.

Everyone loves batman.

Only a month away.

Comments

• Dave2l said:

I'm one of those weirdos that goes cinema on my own and hates everyone and everything around me, especially making noise.

Not weird at all . I think a lot of people feel like that . I certainly do.
  • Last time I went cinema was to see Roger Rabbit at Woolwich odeon

Probably why it was your last time :)
  • Dave2l said:

People turning up late...confused about where they should sit....whispering to each other...asking you to move legs inward so they can walk past the other side even though there's enough space to go around.
    Old people, young people.
    People that find things funny and make it obvious by laughing.
    Fidget people.

Have my room 101 rant in the bank...just incase they ever want me on the show.
  • Looking forward to it but thought Batman vs Superman was a horrible disappointment, although Ben Affleck did a good job. Is Batman in Suicide Squad?

Those banning orders can be pretty thorough...

I was banned for eating my own food in an Odeon.
    Who knew Bar B Q's could cause so much hassle?
  • Looking forward to it but thought Batman vs Superman was a horrible disappointment, although Ben Affleck did a good job. Is Batman in Suicide Squad?

Yes, think it's more of inconsistent cameo role though.

Still, in it.
  • Cinemas - Shockingly awful establishments full of gluttonous individuals chomping selfishly on popcorn and nachos, and slurping ten litre buckets of sugar laden fizzy pop without a care in the world for people who may have gone to actually enjoy a film!!

Ban all drinks that are served with straws and only serve Haribo (in a box) as a 'snack'.

Cinema goers - No! It's not all about you and how much crap you can shovel down your throat!!
  • Dave2l said:

Snap! I once managed to get the cinema in Shaftesbury Avenue all to myself for a matinee, what a treat!

What's that quote? "Hell is other people"
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep, also looking forward to this. Some great characters just hope they do them justice.

I also thought BvS was decent. I think too many are ready to shit on anything Snyder does before giving it a chance.
  • Really stoked about this, thought the tone of the first trailer was perfect. Early buzz is that there was extensive reshoots to slightly alter the tone after they loaded the first trailer (which was only released after it was leaked from comic con) with the only jokes in the film. Real shame about Tom Hardy having to pull out and being replaced by the charisma sink that is Jai Courtney. Can't wait to see Jared leto's version of Joker, looks like the closest to the comic book version we have ever seen in a film.

that might be the only film I ever saw in Woolwich. we got told off for smoking in the non smoking section

He's in the film, I believe, but he wouldn't be in the actual Squad as they're all bad guys and gals.

@Bedsaddick are you a fellow wittertainee?

@Bedsaddick are you a fellow wittertainee?
    Absolutely . I'm a member of the church !
  • Spoiler alert **

Thought it was shit.

Bother, but don't expect the kind of film your hoping for.
  • So what sort of training does a "suicide squad" actually do?
  • Been looking forward to Suicide squad for ages , probably going to see it today but not expecting much now.
  • Sponsored links:

• rina said:

Last time I went cinema was to see Roger Rabbit at Woolwich odeon

that might be the only film I ever saw in Woolwich. we got told off for smoking in the non smoking section
    Was you my date?
  • buckshee said:

Been looking forward to Suicide squad for ages , probably going to see it today but not expecting much now.

It's still worth watching. You will enjoy it at least.

I have particular batman opinions.
  • It's bad. It's real bad. I think the studio messed it up in the edit. They bottled it.

I met the cast last week, the atmosphere was terrible! Everyone knew we were talking about a turkey but had to pretend otherwise.
  • Dave2l said:

Spoiler alert **

Thought it was shit.

Bother, but don't expect the kind of film your hoping for.

I really enjoyed it.

Thought Margot Robbie really made the role of Harley Quinn her own.

The biggest dissapointment was the shite enemy.

Will Smith was decent as deadshot, Doc Croc wasn't great. Leto as the Joker was good.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

P.S Margot Robbie is a goddess. No not her character I mean the woman. She is just perfect.

• Will Smith as Deadshot was a major problem. The guy is supposed to be a sociopath but really, he only punched or shot people who deserved it. Even his assassination target was a bad guy. That's the problem with casting a Hollywood good guy. He can't be bad.

Am I imagining it, or was the entire point of the Squad to help Voila Davis (who immediately showed she is handy with a gun) travel up two floors to the roof to get into a helicopter, which crashed anyway?

That's a pretty good list that pretty much sums up why my visits to the cinema are very few and far between. There's invariably one of these going on sometimes all of them. I'd rather watch in the comfort of my own home.

I do think cinemas could do more though, particularly on the first three points. For starters they shouldn't put loads of ice in drinks. There's no need for it, we live in England not Death Valley. They only do it to make money; charging you for an unethical, unhealthy and usually unpleasant soft drink whilst substituting half of it for some cold tap water. Whilst they are watering down your drink they also risk watering down others' entrainment. And then there's pop corn - what ever they might claim, it does make a noise and it does rustle. It shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a cinema.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Will Smith as Deadshot was a major problem. The guy is supposed to be a sociopath but really, he only punched or shot people who deserved it. Even his assassination target was a bad guy. That's the problem with casting a Hollywood good guy. He can't be bad.

Am I imagining it, or was the entire point of the Squad to help Voila Davis (who immediately showed she is handy with a gun) travel up two floors to the roof to get into a helicopter, which crashed anyway?

Exactly. Will smith just played will smith....with an edge. Surely will smith might have been excited by the thought of attempting to play an actual serious dark character for once.

The enemy task force X were fighting was a self inflicted load of crap that non comic book geeks would know of. Enchantress witch/alien thing.

Would have been better if the suicide squads mission was to try and
    stabalise a fictional problem in the Middle East that was an apparent threat to the U.S. or something. Or stop a terror threat from North Korea.

Yes Margot Robbie is a stunning woman.

I found it all rather predictable though. The predictable acting and storyline of how the suicide squad were going to become understood and on the good side for brief moments.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Will Smith as Deadshot was a major problem. The guy is supposed to be a sociopath but really, he only punched or shot people who deserved it. Even his assassination target was a bad guy. That's the problem with casting a Hollywood good guy. He can't be bad.

The point of using them on this mission was exactly this yes. obviously they smashed a fair few baddies on the way up though...
  • Dazzler21 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

The point of using them on this mission was exactly this yes. obviously they smashed a fair few baddies on the way up though...
    Generic, threat-free, quite literally faceless baddies.