Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

north korea bomb testing

2»

Comments

• Christ - in 2006 I started topics about real issues!!!
  • Vietnam started with an attack on a ship in the bay of tonkin I believe (albeit a fabricated one by L B J).

Luckily, South Korea seem to be taking a sensibly cautious view and are not jumping to conclusions.

Funny how the charateristic behaviours of a bully, whether it's a nation like the US or an individual, remain consistent.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Vietnam started with an attack on a ship in the bay of tonkin I believe (albeit a fabricated one by L B J).

Luckily, South Korea seem to be taking a sensibly cautious view and are not jumping to conclusions.

Funny how the charateristic behaviours of a bully, whether it's a nation like the US or an individual, remain consistent.

The conflict in Vietnam started long before LBJ became President, and well before the Gulf Of Tonkin incidents, which led to convential US forces being deployed.

South Korea is being sensible because North Korea is dangerous and you do not poke at anything at bay, especially a goverment with, possibly, nuclear weapons, the means to deliver them and an unstable leadership. However you do not beat a bully like North Korea by appeasement and I am sure the South Korean Government will take appropriate measures should it turn out North Korea was responsible for the explosion.

All we can hope for is that eventually the people of North Korea get rid of their government and re-unite with the South as previously happened with Germany and Vietnam.
  • Lonely......i am so lonely. If Kim does ever develop something that will take us all out and they sound the 3 minute warning watch his song in Team America and you'll atleast die laughing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]

Why is that? It's a good point BFR makes, there's a world of difference between a country and its president.

It has nothing to do with the 'point' he was making, more to do with the way he said it. "Learn to appreciate the difference then we'll continue the debate" These are other adults he's talking to.

So why the name calling? You want to be treated like an adult then act like one mate.