Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln Red Imps (of Gibraltar) 1-0 Celtic

Comments

• Options

se9addick said:

If you look at the quote I was responding to you will notice I was not the one bringing politics into this thread. And it is politics that has been brought into the thread not sectarianism. Except maybe in your head.

The IRA?
    Yes, you have effectively surrendered to the IRA with your Brexit vote. How does it feel treacle?
    I'm a remain voter and a Rangers supporter (sorry to blow your theory out of the water).

Oh, and congratulations on the most hysterical, ridiculous post of the month.
    I stated most of the usual suspects. So theory very much still in the water.

I love the way Rangers supporters on here like to start anti Celtic threads like giggling school girls at every opportunity and then complain like prissy little girls when they see anti Rangers post in reaction. This is a Charlton site, not Rangers or Celtic. If I started a thread on here laughing at Rangers (which I have never done by the way) I would expect a vigorous response from the Rangers supporters. I wouldn't get all angsty about it.
    i don't understand, they lost to a team of imps! that's why this thread was started. its not an anti celtic thread its a thread about a so called big team being beaten by amateurs. blame the imps if you have to but if any professional club lost to imps I would laugh.
    Read my first post on this thread. I simply stated I think Rodgers will turn it around and there will be more big European nights at Celtic Park next season and that I was looking forward to the return of the big Firm Derby.

I had no problem with the thread been started and I wasn't expecting to make anymore posts but then the usual self righteous mocking posts started as if I had no right to post pro Celtic sentiments on this site. Well I have, and I will. Although I have never, and I will never, start a thread about Rangers or Celtic on here.
    No need to get all angsty about it.
  • Options
    I've snuck away from my desk just to read this thread, it was really getting going.

Let's not lose sight of the most pertinent point raised, and that that is, Scottish league football is toilet

• Options
    As a Celtic fan gutted but well done to the imps.. were saving ourselves for the cheats when they arrive.
  • Options
    if I never have to hear about scottish football again then at least Brexit will have some benefit
  • Options
    I would have laughed just as loud if the other team whose business methods have screwed Scottish football were involved. Without a doubt the biggest upset I can remember, no excuses, any top flight team from any serious league should be putting four or five past them.
  • Options
    Just slightly worse than when Northwich dumped us out of the FA cup.
  • Options
    Much, much, much worse.
  • Options
    "Wow, what a crap ground, we shouldn't be losing here"

Is what the Imps fans will be saying on the away leg.
  • Options
    There is only ONE team in Sweatland...

Dumbarton

Sons of the Rock!
  • Options

Dumbarton

Sons of the Rock!

I'm still annoyed that they no longer play at Boghead Park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    been there to see the mighty cowden and it was a bog
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Dumbarton

Sons of the Rock!

I'm still annoyed that they no longer play at Boghead Park.
    Me too, the new ground is soulless - however it'd give Sellick the heebie jeebies after last night :wink:

Celtic and Rangers - two cheeks of the same arse
  • Options
    hahahahahahaahahah
  • Options
    I don't really get why so many people are passionate about labeling the Scottish league toilet and hating it.

Compared to alot of leagues the clubs receive a pittance, if you don't like it then don't watch it.

So much extra hate and dislike wasted, it should only be absorbed on things Millwall and Palace related.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

I don't really get why so many people are passionate about labeling the Scottish league toilet and hating it.

Compared to alot of leagues the clubs receive a pittance, if you don't like it then don't watch it.

So much extra hate and dislike wasted, it should only be absorbed on things Millwall and Palace related.

The way Scottish football is run though at the highest level, as well as the state of grassroots football in Scotland, is a model of how not to run football nationally. The way the other SPL clubs threw Rangers under the bus backfired massively and the league as a whole suffered. Celtic went from being a team that could probably maintain a place in the Premier League to one that would struggle in the Championship. The consequences of exiling Rangers to the bottom were entirely predictable. Serves them all right.

Credit to Gers fans for sticking around during the last few years. I doubt Celtic would have retained as many fans if the tables were turned.
  • Options
    I am on holiday at the moment so just caught up with this, love it, Celtic the team that keep on giving.
  • Options
    Credit to Gers fans? I will throw credit to fans who stick with a club throw turmoil but to suggest they are hard done by is ridiculous.

Throwing more and more money to get where they are, nothing learnt, yeah great.

Your statement stinks of celtic and Rangers are all that matters and thats the problem. Look outside that bubble and they got what they deserve.

All the clubs are suffering, do me a favour. Plenty of clubs benefited from higher gate receipts due to the Rangers slip. Everyone will go back to getting a lesser cut now though, don't worry.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Credit to Gers fans? I will throw credit to fans who stick with a club throw turmoil but to suggest they are hard done by is ridiculous.

Throwing more and more money to get where they are, nothing learnt, yeah great.

Your statement stinks of celtic and Rangers are all that matters and thats the problem. Look outside that bubble and they got what they deserve.

All the clubs are suffering, do me a favour. Plenty of clubs benefited from higher gate receipts due to the Rangers slip. Everyone will go back to getting a lesser cut now though, don't worry.

Sorry if it came off that way, but the point is when both the Old Firm clubs were in the league the league as a whole had better prestige and ability to attract talent. Maybe the clubs that shared a division with Rangers on their way back up enjoyed a few extra paydays each season but all the top-flight teams have lost out on one of their biggest days of the year, having the most successful team in the country (in fact they're the most successful club in the world in terms of league titles and trebles) playing at their stadium. This isn't about the Old Firm mattering above all else, it is the SFA 86ing its greatest financial asset.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Rangers fans, have just had there best 12th of July
  • Options

Rangers fans, have just had there best 12th of July

Least celtic are in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

The consequences of exiling Rangers to the bottom were entirely predictable. Serves them all right.

It was predicted that all the non-Celtic clubs in the SPL would go bust if they missed out on the one match against Rangers. Didn't happen.

So the league is a lower quality but the clubs in it are far more sustainable now.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

It just irks me for some reason. Maybe because we hear so much about it, when it's so utterly irrelevant now. for example, the Welsh league which is equivalent in terms of skill level and general interest to me, hardly gets talked about

I don't have sky sports or the BBC ramming Total network solutions' down my throat etc
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Fiiiiiish said:

It just irks me for some reason. Maybe because we hear so much about it, when it's so utterly irrelevant now. for example, the Welsh league which is equivalent in terms of skill level and general interest to me, hardly gets talked about

I don't have sky sports or the BBC ramming Total network solutions' down my throat etc
    Must be hard to swallow
  • Options
    IA said:

Fiiish said:

The consequences of exiling Rangers to the bottom were entirely predictable. Serves them all right.

It was predicted that all the non-Celtic clubs in the SPL would go bust if they missed out on the one match against Rangers. Didn't happen.

So the league is a lower quality but the clubs in it are far more sustainable now.
    Spot on

Also since 2011 there have been 5 different winners of the league cup and 5 different winners of the Scottish cup. The leagues are not about Rangers and Celtic. Rangers need the top league more than the top league need them.

They 86'd Rangers and everyone is still standing, there has been more competition. The prestige for the Scottish league is the old firm derby, that is all. If the outside bubble doesn't get that, do you think Aberdeen, Hearts, St Johnstone care? No, they do what they do every week and play to their local support.

The bottom line for me is even on this forum, we are not happy about financial fair play and money dodgers, but it seems here it is justified because Rangers are an asset. The league has shown them not being there has not affected them. As for Celtic, the players they have can win the SPL but in general the managerial and player recruitment has been bad.
  • Options
    MON THE IMPS!
  • Options
    Imps had their moment of glory, Celtic will get at least 5 or 6 tonight.
  • Options
    Patrick Roberts is slaughtering this mob.

How did they lose to these. They're shocking.
  • Options

Patrick Roberts is slaughtering this mob.

How did they lose to these. They're shocking.

Roberts was class last season & he's started in same mould again here. Last week was some blip!
  • Options
    Surprised he's not gone with the England u19 squad with Lookman
  • Options
    Couldn't believe it when my mate told me while we were watching the embarrassing first leg that BR hadn't started Roberts in any of the friendlies and then proceeded to leave him on the bench but bring on James Forrest. Roberts is going to be some player for years to come. Yes the SPL is a poor standard but if people think it's as bad as League one then they are pretty clueless and/or haven't actually watched much SPL football.