Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TalkShite sack Collymore

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well done Colin Murray.
    As you are a genuine Liverpool fan it's great that you are not a hypocrite.
    So many people talk the talk but can't walk the walk out of talkSport.

I decided when Sky started i would never pay money to Murdock.
    there was only 2 of us out of 20 of my work colleagues who thought that way. It cost more money watching in the pub than if i paid the subscription
    in the early days.
    Jackets and ties plus only attractive women to read the news or sport.(exception Kay Burley)
    Rupert Murdock is A Republican is every sense of the word yet for pragmatic reasons he know his readership in England love the royal family so will hanker to their needs.

Is he really shagging Jerry Hall ?

Yet another reason i don't like the dirty digger.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Nice sign off by Murray.

I just pray that Murray doesn't get another gig with the BBC .. odds are though that he will .. f f s NOOOOO
  • Options
    Those are big losses for TalkSport. Collymore isn't my bag - he always sounds so angry about everything - but he's certainly a fans' broadcaster. Murray gave them a lot of credibility.

Sky's 39% owned by the other Murdoch company (21st Century Fox), so you have to wonder what direction the Sun's owners want to take the station in.
  • Options
    I always thought they were tied together with newscorp anyway
  • Options
    Really like Colin Murray's show and will miss him.
  • Options
    I could listen to Collymore all day, Colin Murray grated on me and I am not sorry to hear he has gone. H and J from 1pm are the best.
  • Options
    Stan Collymore blocked me on Twitter. He was ranting on about loyalty within football and it was late at night at night. His tweets were clogging up my Twitter feed so I said "I think it's time for bed Stan."

He then blocked me!

I lost the little bit of respect for him. I found it rather amusing.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I always thought they were tied together with newscorp anyway

They never were, although it did often feel like it. It was owned by UTV (Northern Ireland broadcaster) for years. ITV bought most of the TV side of the business earlier this year, leaving the rest of it ready to be snapped up.
  • Options

Stan Collymore blocked me on Twitter. He was ranting on about loyalty within football and it was late at night at night. His tweets were clogging up my Twitter feed so I said "I think it's time for bed Stan."

He then blocked me!

If your twitter name is the same as your CL one, he probably thought fook off egg chaser.
  • Options

I could listen to Collymore all day, Colin Murray grated on me and I am not sorry to hear he has gone. H and J from 1pm are the best.

Always liked H and J, especially when Andy is in a bad mood. But think Murray really was an improvement on his predecessors
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He then blocked me!

If your twitter name is the same as your CL one, he probably thought fook off egg chaser.
    Haha funnily enough it isn't as that's the response I would probably get as I am only on it for football talk!
  • Options
    Also bear in mind that Colin narrated the being Liverpool tv doc which was made by Fox
  • Options

Is he really shagging Jerry Hall ?

Yet another reason i don't like the dirty digger.

He's married to Jerry Hall. Whether he's still up to shagging anyone at his age is debatable...

• Options
    buckshee said:

Also bear in mind that Colin narrated the being Liverpool tv doc which was made by Fox

OMG
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Really like Murray, Fighting Talk misses him IMO. Hope he gets a good gig.

That said, I'm a bit confused by his stance, but it might be me misunderstanding it - Kelvin MacKenzie transformed Talk Radio into TalkSPORT with the financial backing of News International. So how come Murray moved there in the first place? And haven't TalkSPORT always had a relationship with Sky and The Sun, before News Corp bought them?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Really like Murray, Fighting Talk misses him IMO. Hope he gets a good gig.

That said, I'm a bit confused by his stance, but it might be me misunderstanding it - Kelvin MacKenzie transformed Talk Radio into TalkSPORT with the financial backing of News International. So how come Murray moved there in the first place? And haven't TalkSPORT always had a relationship with Sky and The Sun, before News Corp bought them?

You've articulated what I was trying to say in my one line sentence, spot on as to what I was thinking
  • Options
    Regardless, I will miss Murray and Collymore. The former I couldn't stand at the BBC, but his morning show on TalkSport is brilliant. As for Collymore, he's been broadcasting gold for years now, but for me came into his own a couple of seasons back ever since he challenged Karl Oyston live on radio about the money he'd taken from the club. He talks like a genuine fan, talks one hell of a lot of common sense.

In fact TalkSport is fabulous listening these days: Alan Brazil, Colin Murray, Hawksbee and Jacobs, and the inimitable Adrian Durham (for me he just stays inside the line between being entertaining and irritating).
  • Options
    Stan Collymore's autobiography is a really good read (though it is probably about ten years old now).

He is a very interesting character, and is far more intelligent and enquiring than your average ex-pro.

I think that he is often frustrated that he can't leave the 'Ulrika' business behind him, and that it is brought up with such regularity.

Obviously I am not condoning what he did, but I think most of us would agree that people deserve a second chance in life, and he has done a great job in reinventing himself.

I would prefer to have more people like him commenting on the game, than the likes of Shearer, Jenas, Murphy etc, who basically go through the motions and don't want to upset any of their mates in the game.