Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JBG Gone To Burnley - Confirmed.

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

As I said he would be too slow for the Prem, probably make a good back up but won't start and will drop back into the championship.

Well I said at the time that the fee we got for him was a disgrace.

I think that of the two of us, I have more reason to be smug now :-)

(not that I feel smug, of course. I am furious, every time I see him on MOTD)

• Options
    Scoham said:

Player doing well for a club with stability and a good manager who knew how JBG would fit into his system. I'm not surprised. There was only so much he could do playing for us last season. Players like him and Cousins weren't the problem.

JBG was a class above most of our other players last season, including Cousins. I'm pleased for him, but can he do it against teams other than Palace!
  • Options
    Wasn't he top of the league in assists over the two seasons with us?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I still think he didn't get enough credit for his tracking back while he was here, particularly in the latter half of last season when we had a shape and tactics (can't help but wonder...maybe those two are related?). Remember in the second half against Rotherham he did very well covering Solly then looking to break forward. Really enjoyed watched him playing for us, said when he left and maintain I think it will be a long time before we see such a talented attacking player.
  • Options

Best thing these clowns ever did was sign him.

Well done computer nerd. (

Pure luck. That's the truth.
  • Options
    happy for him even better when he scores against them.
  • Options
    Had a lot of time for the way Mandanda waved at the shot on its way in, too.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Player doing well for a club with stability and a good manager who knew how JBG would fit into his system. I'm not surprised. There was only so much he could do playing for us last season. Players like him and Cousins weren't the problem.

JBG was a class above most of our other players last season, including Cousins. I'm pleased for him, but can he do it against teams other than Palace!
    ENGLAND !
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Best thing these clowns ever did was sign him.

Well done computer nerd. (

Pure luck. That's the truth.
    "Stopped clock" and all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talking to clarets today, say he is getting better and better. Very very keen on him.
  • Options
    87th minute equaliser against Liverpool.

Whoever thought he wasn't good enough for the Premier League must be eating humble pie now.
  • Options

Nick Pope and James Tarkowski may be grabbing the headlines for Burnley, but JBG has been a revelation this season and is well on course to win "Player of the Season" awards.

He is our second biggest "creative" asset - behind only the magnificent Steven Defour. Defour was injured in the 24th game against Man United and ruled out for the last 14 matches. He was a shoo-in for POY, but that honour could now well go to JBG ahead of Pope or Tarkowski.

Good luck to you lot, JBG is a very good player, pleased for him. As for Charlton, :(
  • Options
    See he’s been playing centrally recently, for both Iceland and Burnley. Also captaining his country in Bosnia.

Burnley have a double pivot atm of Cullen and Gudmundsson. Sigh.

Not to mention Maatsen who was somewhat underrated on here in his youth. 
  • Options
    See he’s been playing centrally recently, for both Iceland and Burnley. Also captaining his country in Bosnia.

Good to see them both back in the team. What might have been is not what turned out. You can put the reasons there whatever you want but I'll continue to say it's incompetence, arrogance and then a failure of regulation.

I give you Spivs, duchatelet, Southall and MSI and Sandgaard as evidence. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That first summer under Roland saw some decent players arrive. Of course the squad didn't have enough depth, but was easily good enough to comfortably survive in the Championship, a state of affairs way ahead of where we are now.
    Mad to think we spent £2.5m on a single player (vetokele). 
  • Options
    Remember seeing JBG for the first time in a friendly down at Pompey and he just looked head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. 

Loved watching him play and probably one of the best setpiece takers we've had - felt like anything around 20-25 yards out with him was going to be a goal. 
  • Options
    Stefco said:
    That first summer under Roland saw some decent players arrive. Of course the squad didn't have enough depth, but was easily good enough to comfortably survive in the Championship, a state of affairs way ahead of where we are now.
    Mad to think we spent £2.5m on a single player (vetokele). 
    Might have been money well spent if we hadnt badly mishandled his injury. Without evidence, I continue to believe that our ongoing failure to keep players injury free and look after them effectively when they are injured, goes back to the RD regime. Under the Spivs, our injury record was decent, especially in the promotion season. 
    The RD regime bought some good players for the team (sometimes), but never built a squad.

The spivs helped build a good squad with cover in all positions.

Had we had some decent cover, maybe the likes of Vetokele wouldn't have been mismanaged so badly.

Our shortcomings were blatant as soon as the 1st names on the sheet got injured.
    Yes that’s also a good point. 
  • Options
    Vetokele has basically been scoring once every four or five games since one good season at Copenhagen in 2014.
  • Options

Not to mention Maatsen who was somewhat underrated on here in his youth. 
    He is only 21! 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Vetokele has basically been scoring once every four or five games since one good season at Copenhagen in 2014.
    He was absolutely mustard before that injury 
    Agree, absolutely loved Vetokele before the injury. Always made me want to stand up every time he got the ball at his feet.

Remember the cries of IGORRR againt Brentford first away game of the season. Proper poacher.

His 31 now, so understandably his dropped off.