Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

14-1 for Relegation?

Comments

• Options
    Best get on it, before the price comes in.
  • Options
    I genuinely think a lot of people are underestimating how shit some of the teams are in this league... It only takes 3 to be worse
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I genuinely think a lot of people are underestimating how shit some of the teams are in this league... It only takes 3 to be worse

Think some people were saying the same thing last season.
  • Options
    Really don't like that kind of attitude. Very competitive division, far more competitive than the 2nd/3rd tiers in other European countries. The league deserves more respect.
  • Options
    What is the correct price for us to go down?

IF we get reinforcements, IF our injured players do get and stay fit, IF our new recruits prove to be decent buys, IF you believe that we won't sell any more of our better players, IF you believe Slade will be a success and stick around, then relegation is probably out of the question.

But IF you have any doubts about any of those "IFs" you might feel pretty sick that you didn't, by way of compensation, avail yourself of the 25/1 (Bet 365) still available for us to go down and 100/1 (BetVic) to finish bottom.

In 2006/7 Luton finished 2nd bottom in the Championship.
    In 2007/8 they finished bottom of League 1.
    And in 2008/9 they finished bottom of League 2.
    Three consecutive seasons of relegation and they only managed to finish above one team in total. It then took them five seasons to get out of the Conference.

I wonder if any of the Luton fans ever had any "IFs".
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I'm pretty sure Portsmouth and Blackpool fans were saying the same the seasons they went down.
  • Options

We'd have to be proper shit to be relegated.

And 'proper shit' is exactly what we currently are.
  • Options
    Regime 2017 "We underestimated league 1. We've learnt our lesson and we wish to move on. Our top priority is building a top 6 team for league 2"
  • Options
    Or, we have now found our affordable division and believe we can be competitive in League Two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't underestimate just how much shit is in this division.

Colchester went down fromLeauge One and they beat our team of last season which despite being shit is a lot better than the current squad. £20 on 20/1 in a large accumulator. I could be retiring in May 2017.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I think the question is, how shit will we be?!
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Just checked on PP. 14/1 for relegation, 11/4 for promotion & evens for top 6 finish.

The relegation bet seems the only one to come in of any value.

Only bet that's any value is a winning bet.
  • Options

If we get relegated I'll have Roger Johnsons face tattooed on my arse.

When did you change your user name Greenie Junior?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Make sure he's not got his tongue sticking out
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Will you really follow through with that?
    Well I won't be checking.
  • Options
    I think relegation is not impossible. It's an average league, with teams all pretty much the same ability. 4 go down. Last season Barnsley were looking over their shoulders until Feb/Mar and ended up going up. There were times when teams like them and Peterborough were as close to the top 6 as the bottom 4.

Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Wimbledon and Northampton will not be weak. The other teams like Gillingham, Swindon, Bury etc are well versed at this level. If we lurch to another crisis with too few senior players, it's not impossible we could drop again.

That said I'd like to think that even these awful owners can make us compete at this level...surely???!
  • Options
    Just had a free bet with bet365. 25/1.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

I think relegation is not impossible. It's an average league, with teams all pretty much the same ability. 4 go down. Last season Barnsley were looking over their shoulders until Feb/Mar and ended up going up. There were times when teams like them and Peterborough were as close to the top 6 as the bottom 4.

Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Wimbledon and Northampton will not be weak. The other teams like Gillingham, Swindon, Bury etc are well versed at this level. If we lurch to another crisis with too few senior players, it's not impossible we could drop again.

That said I'd like to think that even these awful owners can make us compete at this level...surely???!

We still don't have a senior keeper. 2 recognized strikers and a bunch of aging defensive midfielders. It's a real possibility.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Four go down from division three. Even more of a chance of us playing Accrington next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the first time I have bet on Charlton to be relegated. I have put 50 pounds at 18/1. I don't feel good about it, but with our squad it is a very real possibility.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

This is the first time I have bet on Charlton to be relegated. .

Ditto me. I feel unclean, but at 25/1 on bet365 I couldn't resist.

• Options

CAFCsayer said:

Four go down from division three. Even more of a chance of us playing Accrington next season.
    Accrington will probably replace us, what a time to be alive
  • Options
    edited July 2016

CAFCsayer said:

Accrington will probably replace us, what a time to be alive
    Accrington, who are they?
  • Options
    Exactly!
  • Options
    In Relegation Roger we trust....
  • Options
    As shit as we are and as thin as the squad is, there really is some absolute dross in this league. The variable for me is whether the toxicity returns and the players/Slade give up the ghost/rebel. Must be a distinct possibility. The Solly's, Jacksons and Foxes of this world must only have so much that they can take of this guff. I know a wage is a wage but honestly.

I swore I'd never bet against Charlton again after I lumped a score on Sheffield Wednesday last November when we were right in the middle of our nosedive and thought I was printing money. That taught me a painful lesson.
  • Options
    Dross but dross with experience.

Our team with no more signings but a few more injuries could look like:

Phillips

Konsa Johnson Lennon Fox

Ceballos Muldoon Ba Harriott

Lookman Hanlan

There are promising players individually there but thrown in together a line up like that would seriously struggle.

Imagine that team going away to Millwall.
  • Options

Don't underestimate just how much shit is in this division.

Colchester went down fromLeauge One and they beat our team of last season which despite being shit is a lot better than the current squad. £20 on 20/1 in a large accumulator. I could be retiring in May 2017.
    Yeah but the squad that faced Colchester had Karel Fraeye in charge!!

Seriously Piggy how do you feel that we beat Sheffield Wednesday with HIM in charge?
  • Options
    For the record, I have placed a bet with Bet365 at 25-1. I'll view it as a form of insurance policy.