Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

14-1 for Relegation?

Comments

• Options
    All it will take is 2-3 injuries to senior players then that will leave a forced starting 11 to play every Tuesday and Saturday, eventually getting fatigued and drained out. Most likely youngsters.

Relegated
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016

For the record, I have placed a bet with Bet365 at 25-1. I'll view it as a form of insurance policy.

It won't cover the disappointment & unhappiness caused by relegation & disappointment. I suppose the money will pay for a months drinking drowning the misery. Each to their own, but would never bet on my team to lose / get relegated.
  • Options
    vff said:

For the record, I have placed a bet with Bet365 at 25-1. I'll view it as a form of insurance policy.

It won't cover the disappointment & unhappiness caused by relegation & disappointment. I suppose the money will pay for a months drinking drowning the misery. Each to their own, but would never bet on my team to lose.
    We could draw every game and get relegated.
  • Options

Don't underestimate just how much shit is were in this division.

Until they all play us this season
    They'd still be shit, it's just that we'd be shittier.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

If we get relegated I will have my face tattooed on Roger Johnson's arse.

If we get relegated, can I tattoo my face on Roger Johnson's arse?
  • Options
    Roger Johnson's arse tattooed onto your face
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Roger Johnson's arse tattooed onto your face

Roger's arse tattooed onto your Johnson
  • Options
    Are the bookies paying out yet ?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

If we get relegated I will have my face tattooed on Roger Johnson's arse.

I tell you what if we are relegated to the Conference by 2018 I will wear a burka and post it up on Charlton Life. Everyone can quote me on that. LOL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016

What is the correct price for us to go down?

IF we get reinforcements, IF our injured players do get and stay fit, IF our new recruits prove to be decent buys, IF you believe that we won't sell any more of our better players, IF you believe Slade will be a success and stick around, then relegation is probably out of the question.

But IF you have any doubts about any of those "IFs" you might feel pretty sick that you didn't, by way of compensation, avail yourself of the 25/1 (Bet 365) still available for us to go down and 100/1 (BetVic) to finish bottom.

In 2006/7 Luton finished 2nd bottom in the Championship.
    In 2007/8 they finished bottom of League 1.
    And in 2008/9 they finished bottom of League 2.
    Three consecutive seasons of relegation and they only managed to finish above one team in total. It then took them five seasons to get out of the Conference.

I wonder if any of the Luton fans ever had any "IFs".

Reinforcements? - jury most certainly still out on that one.
    Injured players getting and staying fit? - we're still waiting.
    No more players sold? - Harriott since gone and not a lot left in the cupboard bar possibly Lookman.
    Slade a success? - already giving signs of pressure getting to him.
    Form to date? - lost to Bury and Cheltenham and managed just THREE shots on target against those mighty forces of English football.

20/1 still available for us to go down with Bet365. Their liabilities must be mounting by the day and I don't expect that price to last much longer - we are also 66/1 with Betvic to finish bottom.

On the other hand, if you really do believe in miracles, then 12/1 for us winning the League is available with Ladbrokes and Coral. That doesn't seem to be much of a price for a miracle - especially as we will probably be 25/1 this time next week!
  • Options
    Charlton now down to 33-1 for relegation from 80's. Got to be worth another nibble, merely as an insurance bet.
  • Options
    40-1 on plenty of sites.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Charlton now down to 33-1 for relegation from 80's. Got to be worth another nibble, merely as an insurance bet.

I've gone top 6 1000/1
    Should have waited until after Saturday. You will get 2000-1.
  • Options

What is the correct price for us to go down?

IF we get reinforcements, IF our injured players do get and stay fit, IF our new recruits prove to be decent buys, IF you believe that we won't sell any more of our better players, IF you believe Slade will be a success and stick around, then relegation is probably out of the question.

But IF you have any doubts about any of those "IFs" you might feel pretty sick that you didn't, by way of compensation, avail yourself of the 25/1 (Bet 365) still available for us to go down and 100/1 (BetVic) to finish bottom.

In 2006/7 Luton finished 2nd bottom in the Championship.
    In 2007/8 they finished bottom of League 1.
    And in 2008/9 they finished bottom of League 2.
    Three consecutive seasons of relegation and they only managed to finish above one team in total. It then took them five seasons to get out of the Conference.

I wonder if any of the Luton fans ever had any "IFs".

Reinforcements? - jury most certainly still out on that one. Still out.
    Injured players getting and staying fit? - we're still waiting. Kashi still out and now Madidivi.
    No more players sold? - Harriott since gone and not a lot left in the cupboard bar possibly Lookman. Lookman gone.
    Slade a success? - already giving signs of pressure getting to him. Slade gone - Robinson soon?
    Form to date? - lost to Bury and Cheltenham and managed just THREE shots on target against those mighty forces of English football. 3 points from the last 21.

20/1 still available for us to go down with Bet365. Their liabilities must be mounting by the day and I don't expect that price to last much longer - we are also 66/1 with Betvic to finish bottom. 40/1 currently available on us going down.

On the other hand, if you really do believe in miracles, then 12/1 for us winning the League is available with Ladbrokes and Coral. That doesn't seem to be much of a price for a miracle - especially as we will probably be 25/1 this time next week!
    Not a lot different from last August really.
  • Options
    Johnson's also out for the season ;)
  • Options

We'd have to be proper shit to be relegated.

Oops.
  • Options

We'd have to be proper shit to be relegated.

Oops.
    Or even Poops!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    28/1 best price now.
  • Options
    looking at league 2 hopefully notts county can stay up then would have Nottingham and Blackpool as good night out away games, of course with it being us they will be on tuesday nights.
  • Options
    put £ 35 quid on yesterday at 25/1
  • Options
    I backed us last week at 40/1.
  • Options
    And to think I was contemplating at the start of the season backing us for promotion!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

And to think I was contemplating at the start of the season backing us for promotion!

I did :neutral:
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Whoops :neutral:
  • Options
    For what it's worth, we have seven home games and only four away games left
  • Options

put £ 35 quid on yesterday at 25/1

Drinks are on you mate if that comes in.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

But not with me.