Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addick appearing on The One Show and the Danny Baker Show

2»

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I think the Russian linesman must have been on drugs :-)

By the size of that moustache he was clearly a walrus pining for the haven of an oceanside rock from where he could catch fish - so I suspect his mind was elsewhere
    Ah THAT goal!

It certainly looks dubious on the replays but the one thing I've never understood is that if it hadn't crossed the line then why didn't Roger Hunt rush in to finish the job off?

As a forward (striker in modern parlance) it would have been an instinctive thing for him to do yet he raised his arm in celebration and turned away which suggests to me that it DID cross the line at some point albeit fleetingly.
    A lot of people point to that fact Len and it's a fair point but I still don't think Hunt could say for definite it was over.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I think the Russian linesman must have been on drugs :-)

21 years after WW2, a Russian linesman said the ball had crossed the German line !

A strict German referee is put in charge of England V Argentina
    and their Captain Rattin is sent off early in the match for back chat,
    or violence of the tongue(the ref couldn't speak Spanish)
    Rattin said, he never wants to play outside Argentina again.

Pele is kicked out of the tournament by weak refs first by Bulgaria,
    resulting in Pele missing the Hungary match and then by Portugal who copied Bulgaria in kicking Pele out of the game. Brazil don't get out the group. Pele said he would never play in another WC.
    He was talked out of it by his sponsors in 70.

England play every game at Wembley.

In the final, 2 of England's goals shouldn't of been allowed.
    The not over the line and people on the pitch goals.
    Computer graphics have proved the Ball was on the line.

I wore Rose coloured glasses as a little boy watching the 66 world cup.
    but Looking back as a soapbox user ? i saw a different picture.

What goes around comes around and England in 70 paid a high price for
    winding up the South Americans and Latin Americans

The Bobby Moore Bracelet incident.
    Gordon Banks Upset stomach before the German Q.final.

Argentina took home advantage to a new level when Hosting in 1978 under the Junta. Winning on home Tuft was a given (not shay) if they were to have the population on side (the ones they hadn't already killed.)

Needing to beat Peru 4 nil to go through instead of Brazil they won 6-0 and a very good Peru side rolled over and had their belly rubbed.

Argentina didn't need the Hand of God to Win in 78 just the iron fist of the junta. The group of Death has never, had a more literal meaning !
  • Options
    Needing to beat Peru 4 nil to go through instead of Brazil they won 6-0 and a very good Peru side rolled over and had their belly rubbed.

Where do you think the goalkeeper from Peru was born?
  • Options

Where do you think the goalkeeper from Peru was born?

Don't cry for me Argentina.
  • Options
    I loved being on Danny Baker this morning and the great man (for a Spanner) gave me some decent airtime