Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Savings and Investments thread

Comments

• Options
    £125 for me.
  • Options
    edited April 3
    £0 for me and £0 for Margaret. That’s a shite start to the new financial year and an all time low! Results on here so far suggest a poor month all round for Lifers. Is that simply a coincidence?
  • Options
    £250
  • Options
    £150
  • Options
    edited April 3
    £0 for me….shocked!  (full holding...currently running a 1% return on the year!).
  • Options
    Nothing for me this month 
  • Options
    Picked up a £500 win this month (after bugger all in Feb and March). Mrs Chaz got £150 and jnr £50. 
  • Options
    My youngest has recently got a job with the Civil service and has the opportunity to transfer his previous workplace pension pot (currently with Scottish Widows) into the Civil Service Alpha scheme.

I've done some reading but can't decide if it's a good thing to do or not. I guess it's not really a straight yes or no argument but wonder if anyone has any thoughts or experience with this?

Cheers
  • Options
    £300
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get in there💪💪
  • Options
    Well done @cazo. That's precisely £5050 more than me!
  • Options
    Nothing for me or my Mum, £200 for the missus.
  • Options
    My youngest has recently got a job with the Civil service and has the opportunity to transfer his previous workplace pension pot (currently with Scottish Widows) into the Civil Service Alpha scheme.

I've done some reading but can't decide if it's a good thing to do or not. I guess it's not really a straight yes or no argument but wonder if anyone has any thoughts or experience with this?

Cheers
    Depends on what the Civil Service scheme are offering. Are they offering years of service in exchange for his pot (DB) or is it just going into an AVC type pot (DC). I'm not really up to date with all the CS schemes but sometimes it might also be a question of flexibility. His current SW pension could he used later on for early retirement rather than transferring it to the CS and then being stuck to their scheme rules. Also depends on how much we are talking about. Less than £30k then probably best to transfer it in the CS scheme. 
  • Options
    I think it also depends on what he is thinking in terms of career plans. If he is only thinking of staying in Civil Service for a short period then I doubt if it's worthwhile. If it's a lifetime choice then probably. Several things to consider. 
  • Options
    £100 for me and £175 for wife on full holding.
    Nice one cazo though.
  • Options
    £100 for me and £175 for wife on full holding.
    Nice one cazo though.
    👍
  • Options
    Looks like @cazo has taken up the CL allocation!! Well done mate 👏🏻👏🏻

Worst month for me in a long time. £25 on a full holding. 
  • Options
    edited April 3

• Options
    Well done Cazo, nice to see a few £5k's recently.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    £150 for me.

• Options
    £200 for me. Well done Cazo epic result 
  • Options
    Nothing for me, wife pulled in another oner
  • Options
    Only £50 for me and £125 for the wife. Been a relatively quiet few months after a really good 2023.
  • Options
    £175 for both me and the missus. Friend won £1,150. 
  • Options
    Re premium bonds if you have the maximum holding when you win do you have to take your winnings or are you allowed to revest
  • Options
    Re premium bonds if you have the maximum holding when you win do you have to take your winnings or are you allowed to revest
    If you have the maximum £50k you can only take the winnings.
  • Options
    edited April 4
    Again... wish this didn't bother me... posting winnings amounts without stating amount held makes it impossible to understand significance of data

It's great some people have started stating if it's a full holding.... thanks for mellowing my discomfort :)

Looks like £125 a month is the least you'd expect on average with that for it to be competitive with an above average easy access account 

Deffo well done cazo,  eh!
  • Options
    Again... wish this didn't bother me... posting winnings amounts without stating amount held makes it impossible to understand significance of data

It's great some people have started stating if it's a full holding.... thanks for mellowing my discomfort :)

Looks like £125 a month is the least you'd expect on average with that for it to be competitive with an above average easy access account 

Deffo well done cazo,  eh!
    £0 for me and Margaret despite £75k holding
  • Options
    (Without checking) the equivalent rate of return has dropped a bit in recent months, but the majority of our winnings (me included) has fallen off a cliff.
    It doesn't seem right to me.