Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Savings and Investments thread

Comments

• Options
    Well done, @TelMc32 and hope you are up and running again soon.
  • Options
    £175 from PBs this month.
  • Options
    Nothing for wife, £100 for me, £30k and £35k respectively. 

Really been on a terrible run since I got them
  • Options
    £25 on half holding. Really poor return so far this year
  • Options
    Victor won £600 (1 x £500 +1 x £100) from £50k and Margaret £100 from £17k
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Nothing for me and £100 for daughter, both about 26k. Mrs R7L £75.

and £50 for Father in law.
  • Options
    best for a while for us 
    £1375 over 5xmax
  • Options
    £175 me and £75 wife both on max holding. Combined we are running just under 3% for the year.
  • Options
    Nothing for me again 
    That's the 3rd time this year I've drawn a blank on 22k.
    Last year I totaled £1275 I'm nowhere near that so far this year. 
  • Options
    edited July 2
    2 x £25 and 1 x £100 on full holding. 2.4%  return YTD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bugger all for me, £200 for Mrs M - 2x max holdings
  • Options
    Me £650  (50k)
    Wife nothing (50k)
    Son nothing (33k)
  • Options
    £175 for me and £50 for the wife, both max holdings. Still not great.
  • Options
    £225 max
  • Options
    sod all for me , max holding 
  • Options
    £200 for me, £125 for Mrs and £100 for jnr this month after zero for each of us last month.
  • Options
    Nothing again 😕
  • Options
    £100 on the PBs this morning (2 x £50) on a £45k holding. Prizes, for me anyway, certainly seem to have dropped since January this year.
  • Options
    I'll check my results when this thread has petered out. I'm encouraged at the paucity of payouts achieved by other CL members so far. With every measly prize, or absence thereof, it's looking more and more promising  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £250 for me, £150 for the missus, both 38k holding.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, those with less than maximum holding plow any PB winnings back into PBs?
  • Options
    £200 max
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Out of curiosity, those with less than maximum holding plow any PB winnings back into PBs?
    I do.
  • Options
    200 max 
  • Options
    £250. Max
  • Options
    £200 nowhere near max 
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited July 2
    Nug said:
    In the last couple of years I’ve been able to put some money away in an ISA with Vanguard and I’ve been impressed with them. I currently have my pension with Standard life and get charges of about £4,000 per year. I’m pretty much invested in US trackers with a couple of others thrown in. I’ve noticed the charges in a Vanguard SIPP are much lower and I think capped at £375. Worth switching? Seems like a no brainier but wondered if anyone had any thoughts to the contrary. I’ve overall been happy with Standard Life.
    Have started the process of switching my pension to Vanguard, however have hit a snag. I have my own limited company, just me as the only employee and director. I currently put £500 a month into my pension via the company which also reduces my corporation tax. Vanguard don’t allow that so would have to pay from my personal account. I’d lose the tax break but then my £500 would be increased to £600 with the 20% tax relief. Struggling to figure out if there’s much of a difference either way especially as the charges are significantly less with Vanguard.

My calculations tell me if I switch I will end up with an extra £1,140 of corporation tax for the year but would have an extra £1,200 going into my pension. Then by being with Vanguard save about £2k in fund charges.???? Am I missing something?
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    In the last couple of years I’ve been able to put some money away in an ISA with Vanguard and I’ve been impressed with them. I currently have my pension with Standard life and get charges of about £4,000 per year. I’m pretty much invested in US trackers with a couple of others thrown in. I’ve noticed the charges in a Vanguard SIPP are much lower and I think capped at £375. Worth switching? Seems like a no brainier but wondered if anyone had any thoughts to the contrary. I’ve overall been happy with Standard Life.
    Have started the process of switching my pension to Vanguard, however have hit a snag. I have my own limited company, just me as the only employee and director. I currently put £500 a month into my pension via the company which also reduces my corporation tax. Vanguard don’t allow that so would have to pay from my personal account. I’d lose the tax break but then my £500 would be increased to £600 with the 20% tax relief. Struggling to figure out if there’s much of a difference either way especially as the charges are significantly less with Vanguard.

My calculations tell me if I switch I will end up with an extra £1,140 of corporation tax for the year but would have an extra £1,200 going into my pension. Then by being with Vanguard save about £2k in fund charges.???? Am I missing something?
    You a 20%, 40% or 45% tax payer?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:

You a 20%, 40% or 45% tax payer?
    20%