Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ever Get The Feeling You've Been Cheated?

Comments

• dickplumb said:

No way top six with our current squad. I think if we start badly it could get very messy.

If we start badly, I'm not sure even Messi could turn it round.
  • Scoham said:

They have changed. They've got worse.

They've underestimated League One so the squad is even smaller meaning even more academy players will play a part this season.

I don't think they'll never understand that young players are much more likely to improve and play well in a strong team.

We're not just going to play the stand out youngsters but any that have progressed to the u21s and happen to play in a position where we lack cover in the first team. They'll come in, make mistakes, fans will get frustrated. Some will boo/shout abuse (not that I agree with that), protests will be stepped up and then the fans will be blamed by RD, KM and their supporters.

I really do think we're overrating our academy if we believe we can play 3/4 who are new to first team football and expect to get results.

As things stand relegation is a real possibility. Of course I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Agree on all but the last paragraph.

I think we'll be top six rather than relegated.

Then again at this stage last season I didn't think we'd go down.
    bet on that? usual form. £50, payable to Upbeats?

Not a dig at you, just genuinely gobsmacked that you of all people could feel so sanguine about the current omnishambles

• Rain is wet and snow is cold

John Snow isn't but he did die
  • As the season has not started, will they let you return your season ticket and get a complete refund? I did this many years ago when I moved away from London before the season started
  • I imagine that Ricky Holmes, Lee Novak and Nicky Ajose are feeling much the same as you are @Clem_Snide .
  • I imagine that Ricky Holmes, Lee Novak and Nicky Ajose are feeling much the same as you are @Clem_Snide .

They're probably on a reasonable wage and couldn't give a flying one.
  • Don't worry, we are on the verge of signing six class players. Just a case of persuading them to accept crap wages, and join a basket case of a club. Once that is done, all we need to do is persuade their respective clubs to sell them for 50% of their true value.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Douche had run out of 'managerial' mates, the rest is all so true to form, and not a genuine attempt to change.

I think the main flaw is they fail to realise the other flaws in their strategy which sadly are too many. For those reasons they fail every time perhaps it's a blessing and they will eff orf when they fail once again.

I don't blame anyone for being suckered though, you are affer all a fan of the club, and it's a tough choice not renewing.
  • Think Mr Rotten/Lydon articulates my current Charlton Athletic mindset.

I fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. Slade, Novak, Holmes and Ajose. I believed they'd changed direction.

That belief led me to renew my season ticket. Not in the cheap seats, but the seat I've had for years and is double the price of those in front of it.

They've done me up like a kipper. What a mug.

They've not changed one iota and if anything things are worse.

Gutted.

Take the positives from it.

You will have your choice of seats,meaning you can move about when you please and make some new friends.

You will get to see all of our superb new signings at home games - others will only see them away.

You will won't have to queue for a half time beer and pulled pork sandwich.

Having a season ticket will guarantee you a ticket for the FA cup first round tie at Windsor and Eton.

You're saving £3 by not purchasing on a match day.

You may get a discount on club shop merchandise.

Acess to the ground will be easy and you won't have to queue at the turnstile.

You can say to yourself "that money I paid for my ticket was invested in the team - I did my bit to help them finish 5th from bottom".

But yes, you're right you've been duped. No shame in that though . Reading some of your previous posts, you were torn on buying a S/T, so fair play to you for doing so.
  • Errr, they said they had changed and you believed them? These guys change at gun point, not because of protests. Or relegation.
  • @Clem_Snide You're usually so pessimistic - what happened mate, had you just won another big bet?
  • dickplumb said:

No way top six with our current squad. I think if we start badly it could get very messy.

If we start badly, I'm not sure even the Messiah could turn it round.
    That makes more sense.

• boggzy said:

I imagine that Ricky Holmes, Lee Novak and Nicky Ajose are feeling much the same as you are @Clem_Snide .

Fair comment but Gudmundsson still got the a*** with being led up the garden path.
  • boggzy said:

I imagine that Ricky Holmes, Lee Novak and Nicky Ajose are feeling much the same as you are @Clem_Snide .

Fair comment but Gudmundsson still got the a*** with being led up the garden path.
    I make you right there, and who could blame him?
  • So they got the season ticket sales they thought they needed based in the appointment of a British manager that knows league one well. They signed some good players early.
    Things were looking perhaps ok.

They now probably want to make Slades job very difficult so he simply resigns and doesn't get paid off.

Then in comes another fraeye. Probably on 15k a year.

Youth player aged 16 made captain.
  • sam3110 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I feel like I've just got a really good looking bird home then she's shown me her surprise or should i say his.

I feel totally shafted

Didn't say no then!

In for a penny in for a pounding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Until I heard mention of it on the radio, I didn't know there was a friendly today. I didn't care one jot about the outcome of the game, who played, what the crowd was, etc. I enjoyed doing something else. I am so pleased that I have had the independence of mind not to feel coerced into committing to yet another season ticket. Protests aside - which I played an active part in and enjoyed (Sorry, Sue) - the football has, for the most part, been dull, predictable and depressing. I made up my mind to give CAFC the heave-ho some months ago, and I'm not fretting about it. This is no longer my club and I will not be coerced into attending something I no longer enjoy. Of course, this is but a hiatus, and I shall return when the coast is clear. I enjoyed some good times, and will remember them. Duchatelet was, in my book, bad news from the start. Pity it is that more people didn't realise this at the time. I raised my concerns, but they were largely ignored. C'est la vie.

More well put than I did at Brighton!

I still owe you that beer.
  • You know things are bad when even our pet spanners and Operation pig can't be bothered anymore.
  • As Katy's lies go, this one:

"...Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship.

This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club.

We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.

We would like to thank our fans for their support and continued loyalty both home and away this season, and we will communicate further plans for next season in the coming weeks and months. Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship..."

is well constructed and, in isolation, even plausible; turns out to have been exactly the same quality of steaming excrement and loathsome insult to all who care for Charlton Athletic.

So far beyond contempt I'm lost for words.
  • edited August 2016

As Katy's lies go, this one:

"...Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship.

This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club.

We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.

We would like to thank our fans for their support and continued loyalty both home and away this season, and we will communicate further plans for next season in the coming weeks and months. Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship..."

is well constructed and, in isolation, even plausible; turns out to have been exactly the same quality of steaming excrement and loathsome insult to all who care for Charlton Athletic.

As someone (can't remember who) put on a thread (Transfer Rumours???), I can't wait for the statement the day after the transfer window closes saying that we were close to a few deals (5 or 6 Slade?) but we couldn't quite get them over the line, but there is the upmost confidence in the squad we have to gain promotion.

• I renewed eventually, mainly because with my seniors concession my season ticket was only £135 which makes it about six quid a game and thought for that small amount I might just see a half decent team having a go. However with the amount of players exiting the place we may have to play in a five a side league.

So whilst I have invested much money I too feel had over as there are no signs of further signings and agree 100% that young players develop much better in stronger teams than one that is struggling, at a young age confidence building is everything. What is developing is exactly the same pattern as the last two seasons which if you follow the logic means that this new squad will not have the depth to compete. Will we get relegated? Perhaps not but I am not expecting too much.

If there is no sign of improvement by Christmas I may just write off what's left on the season ticket and call it a day. What is very clear is that the one thing that does need to change is that RD and KM especially need to go but how the hell we find new, interested buyers is anyone's guess
  • edited August 2016
    Ross said:

As Katy's lies go, this one:

As someone (can't remember who) put on a thread (Transfer Rumours???), I can't wait for the statement the day after the transfer window closes saying that we were close to a few deals (5 or 6 Slade?) but we couldn't quite get them over the line, but there is the upmost confidence in the squad we have to gain promotion.

You should be able to remember my name Ross :smiley:
  • Scoham said:

They have changed. They've got worse.

They've underestimated League One so the squad is even smaller meaning even more academy players will play a part this season.

I don't think they'll never understand that young players are much more likely to improve and play well in a strong team.

We're not just going to play the stand out youngsters but any that have progressed to the u21s and happen to play in a position where we lack cover in the first team. They'll come in, make mistakes, fans will get frustrated. Some will boo/shout abuse (not that I agree with that), protests will be stepped up and then the fans will be blamed by RD, KM and their supporters.

I really do think we're overrating our academy if we believe we can play 3/4 who are new to first team football and expect to get results.

As things stand relegation is a real possibility. Of course I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Agree on all but the last paragraph.

I think we'll be top six rather than relegated.

Then again at this stage last season I didn't think we'd go down.
    bet on that? usual form. £50, payable to Upbeats?

Not a dig at you, just genuinely gobsmacked that you of all people could feel so sanguine about the current omnishambles

You're on @PragueAddick

I don't see it as sanguine more a realistic view that players will sign and if most stay fit we have a top six first XI.

That isn't to overlook the paper thin squad, the huge % of the budget being squandered on players out on loan or the general mismanagement of the club.

I just think that compared to most of the division we have good goal scorers, a very good keeper and a solid defence once either Pearce signs or Bauer and/or Lennon return.

We also have a lot of experience, unlike last year, and a decent manager, assistant and coach.

It can quite easily all go very wrong, very quickly but as it stands now I expect us to at least be top six.

I would have hoped that we could be looking at top two but I don't think we are there yet.

That we are even discussing top six in the third tier is an indictment of the regime. We should never have been here but we are. That isn't being sanguine, it's recognising the situation we are in without in any way accepting or tolerating it.