Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Northern Line to Euston - Saturday

Due to engineering work, the Northern line will not be serving Euston on both branches,Passengers who use London Bridge,Waterloo east are advised to use the Jubilee line from London Bridge/ Southwark & change at Green Park for the Victoria Line to Euston. This will also affect anybody using the DLR from Woolwich where you should change at Canning Town for the Jubilee line.

Comments

• Options
    Oh ffs
  • Options
    Walk from Charing Cross. 25 minutes tops.
  • Options
    Another train thread. Brilliant!
  • Options
    clive said:

Due to engineering work, the Northern line will not be serving Euston on both branches,Passengers who use London Bridge,Waterloo east are advised to use the Jubilee line from London Bridge/ Southwark & change at Green Park for the Victoria Line to Euston. This will also affect anybody using the DLR from Woolwich where you should change at Canning Town for the Jubilee line.

Thanks for the heads up
  • Options

clive said:

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks indeed, Clive.

Hope we've booked an early enough train into London from Wadhurst.

• Options

clive said:

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks indeed, Clive.

It takes about 10 mins from London Bridge to Green Park & 5 mins on the Victoria Line.
  • Options
    If you take the Bank Branch change at Mooregate for the Circle, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan Line. Or Leicester Square Piccadilly Line.
    Or 91 bus from Charing Cross.
  • Options
    Same for Walsall on 20th August.
  • Options

Walk from Charing Cross. 25 minutes tops.

If you're on rollerskates. Jubilee and Victorian line far better idea!

Thanks for the heads up Clive.
  • Options
    Is the Northern Line stopping at King's Cross? If so just get off there and walk - 5 mins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Is the Northern Line stopping at King's Cross? If so just get off there and walk - 5 mins

No it is terminating at Moorgate on the City branch & Charing Cross on the West End Branch.
  • Options
    £20 in a cab from charing cross.
  • Options
    Uber probably cheaper.
  • Options
    If you changed at Mooregate and got to Kings Cross on one of those 3 lines. Just walk down to Euston. It's 5 minute walk if that.
  • Options
    clive said:

Uber probably cheaper.

Wash your mouth out!
  • Options

If you changed at Mooregate and got to Kings Cross on one of those 3 lines. Just walk down to Euston. It's 5 minute walk if that.

Google says 12 minute walk but I think they always consider a little old granny walking it.
  • Options
    Bexleyheath line has trains to Victoria every half an hour that stop at Blackheath, Lewisham and Denmark Hill for Overground, thought I'd been smart checking out the Metro link from Manchester doesn't stop at St Peter's Square!
  • Options

Google says 12 minute walk but I think they always consider a little old granny walking it.
    That'll be me !

• Options
    Kings cross is only a 5 minute walk from Euston and then a few minutes to get to the right platform.

They do put in a lot of walking time to cater for the slower walker.

I wouldn't recommend a cab from Charing Cross even on a Saturday because the route can get massively snarled up by roadworks, crap cab drivers, Trafford square if anything is happening there, Pokemon go players, you name it.
  • Options
    Kings cross to euston is more than 5 minutes. Not much but it's 100% not as quick as five minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clive said:

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks indeed, Clive.

Never knew you were a Wadhurst girl Fanny, we do a lot of work in the Nikwax offices.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Kings cross to euston is more than 5 minutes. Not much but it's 100% not as quick as five minutes

10 mins I'd say.
  • Options

Carter said:

10 mins I'd say.
    The actual walk along the Euston Road is around 5 minutes. At my pace.
  • Options

Bexleyheath line has trains to Victoria every half an hour that stop at Blackheath, Lewisham and Denmark Hill for Overground, thought I'd been smart checking out the Metro link from Manchester doesn't stop at St Peter's Square!

So I can go direct from Denmark hill to Euston?
  • Options

clive said:

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks indeed, Clive.

Never knew you were a Wadhurst girl Fanny, we do a lot of work in the Nikwax offices.
    Only moved here last September, Mike but loving it ( and the area !)

Have to say I haven't heard of Nikwax though.

• Options
    No you have to go into Victoria and get the Victoria line to Euston.
  • Options
    Great heads up this thanks. Handy to know about Walsall too
  • Options

Carter said:

10 mins I'd say.
    The actual walk along the Euston Road is around 5 minutes. At my pace.
    Even quicker with no pencil case ;-)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

No you have to go into Victoria and get the Victoria line to Euston.

Always get confused between the two
  • Options
    If you can get a train into Cannon Street, Moorgate station is only 15 minutes' walk away for the bit of the Northern Line to Euston that is working.