Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 2 Hull City U23s 1

Albie Morgan's second-half strike wins it for the young Addicks at The Valley. #cafc
  • Thanks for the updates, Henners.
  • Morgan was in the 18 before his injury, and having a few U23's games since should now be back in. With Karlan's departure we need young Morgan's pace off the bench.
    I would like to see Wasim Aouachria given some game time from the bench. 
    Let's not bore our way to the Play-offs even though the top 2 has gone. 

• Morgan has pace? 
  • With the ball at his feet, he's quick.
  • Morgan has pace? 
    Nothing like Grant but before his injury in the first half at the valley he was doing some great direct runs when the rest of the side were shite. Can't remember the game but either Taylor or Grant were missing.
  • Morgan has pace? 
    Nothing like Grant but before his injury in the first half at the valley he was doing some great direct runs when the rest of the side were shite. Can't remember the game but either Taylor or Grant were missing.

At home to Sunderland....very impressive. Grant and Taylor both played in that one.
  • Simonsen said:
    Morgan has pace? 

At home to Sunderland....very impressive. Grant and Taylor both played in that one.
    Spot on Simonsen.
    We were poor for most of 1st half,(except for  Morgan)but hit top gear 2nd half and the atmosphere was top notch as we attacked the covered end.
  • I think (how does the old saying go?) Morgan has pace in the head. For one so young his quick and incisive decision making on the ball is impressive.
  • Sponsored links:

• JFC isn’t involved. Probably a week to early for his involvement.
  • Here's how our U23s will line up against @MillwallFC... XI: Harness, Yao, Stevenson, Cummings, French, Morgan, Marshall, Lapslie, Odoh, Fosu, Parker. Subs: Osaghae, Doughty, Keefe, Ocran, Aouachria. #cafc

Good to see Oasghae back.  Hope he is kept on.

Birch has gone to a non-league club I hear.

Newcombe, who was on trial, was offered more by a non-league side so has gone.

• Will update on this.
  • Is Maxwell allowed to play in U23 matches, as it must be 2 months since he last played a game!
  • Is Maxwell allowed to play in U23 matches, as it must be 2 months since he last played a game!
    Was thinking the same, would surely help to get a run out. 
  • edited April 2019
    Six players who have played in the 1st team starting.

Maybe 7 if Cummings got on in Checkatrade ?
  • Millwall number 6 has just joined them from Eastbourne Borough. Haven’t rated him whenever I have seen him play.
  • JFC isn’t involved. Probably a week to early for his involvement.
    Good... No need to play him against Millwall when their kids might even see the U23 as a junior type derby match and so be a bit more physical than they normally would be
  • Sponsored links:

• What has happened to Dan Bowry? I thought he was the defender most likely to make it next.
  • One up at the break. Need to win by two to go above the scum into fourth with one game to go.

Morgan imperious in the midfield pulling the strings. Is he cullens equal? Marshall right on it after a slow start. Cummins playing the best I've seen, even bringing the ball out of defence. Must be Sarr's influence.

You get the feeling if they get good balls to the far post Elliot will get on the end of them. For some reason he is being marked by the smaller French than Cummins.

Good game though. Millwall here mob handed. Apparently Pompey taking a liberty and plotted up on their manor pre match. Is that wording ok @MillwallFan?
    Brilliant recovery from Jason Euell; werent we bottom for long periods
  • As predicted earlier Elliot gets a far post header and puts it in after initial stop from the keeper.
  • Boo! Euell Out!
  • Sad to say scum in the ascendancy here. Parkers hold up play better than igor's 
  • We've got Lyle Taylor who can hold the ball up though

We dont need Lyle | Josh AND Igor to hold the ball up else who are they holding it for!! - Especially as our midfield arent chipping in with goals, what we need is someone to run in behind defences