Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• edited March 2019
    The proverbial game of two halves, entirely due to the severe gale blowing directly down the pitch from the changing room end.

We should have been more than 3 up at the break and it was always likely that we would need all 3 of those goals to see the game out as the wind was a dominant factor.

Before the game, the first team were practising opposite and looked like Williams dribbled past 5 players on one occasion.  Saw Lyle convert a wicked pen into the top right hand corner which buoyed me up a little as he doesn't personally feel me with confidence like Reid, Buyens and Colin Walsh used to. 

The sending off was directly in front of me. Birch made a strong 40 yard run into the box and fell on top of their 8 Hyde. They pushed each other off after the tangle and a brawl ensued amongst 10 or so players. A punch was thrown by their 6 Agboola which I assumed the ref had seen. Indeed as he went to consult with the linesman he clearly shouted "Don't think you're going to get away with what you did there 6". Then after discussion he gave Birch a red, booked Hyde and that was it. Birch correctly told the ref he had been shocking all game me and marched off. Terrible refereeing. 

Good performances from Bowry, Cummings and Doughty. AMB wearing a protective Zorro eye mask made some very good saves. The standout performance was from Morgan, appears to be back to fitness and hopefully on the bench Saturday. Great goal and ran the midfield. 

Personally disappointed to see Maloney going backwards as I had high hopes for him. Although he always gets stuck in, he appears lightweight in possession and now getting regularly dispossessed. Very impressed with defender Sam Keefe who came on after the sending off.

Keith Peacock and Fortune in the crowd and loads of under 18 and 23s plus Lapslie. 

Question to @dickplumb.  Whats happened to Ben Dempsey? Assume injured but he looked OK when saw him in crowd with his parents at Greenwich Borough last week.

dick plumb is banned @bolloxbolder unless he still looks in and can contact you by another means. Posts on the site that shall not be mentioned these days.
  • Wow. Have no idea why he's banned.  Thought he generally spoke sense. 
  • I just had a look at my teamsheets from games I have been and he was on the bench against Palace on 31st Jan, so if he is injured must be a recent thing within the last month anyway @bolloxbolder
  • edited March 2019
    Wow. Have no idea why he's banned.  Thought he generally spoke sense. 
    I think it was more of his decision after a difference of opinion on the takeover thread and the only way you can opt out is for Admin to ban you, so nothing outrageous.
  • Maybe Maloney is a bit lightweight like Alfie Edwards was.
  • seth plum said:
    Maybe Maloney is a bit lightweight like Alfie Edwards was.
    I do see comparisons between the two. 
  • Oops, Archie
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton’s U23s will be in action at The Valley on Monday when they face Hull City in Professional Development League 2 South (1pm). 
    Supporters are welcome to attend Monday's match at The Valley with season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members able to gain free entry. They must show their season/membership cards in order to gain free entry. Admission is otherwise priced at £3 adults, £2 concessions and £1 juniors at the turnstiles of the lower West Stand.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c98a075caf54/u23s-preview-charlton-v-hull-city
  • Here’s how our U23s will line up against @HullCity at The Valley this afternoon…

XI: Harness, Yao (c), Stevenson, Keefe, Cummungs, Pratley, Lapslie, Marshall, Morgan, Ocran, Aouachria.

Subs: Newcombe, Barton, Odoh, Andall-Gibbons, Anderson. #cafc

Cummungs is a new name : - )

Pratley, Lapsie and Marshall having a run out

No idea who Harness and Andall-Gibbons are. Trialists?

Aouachria back from injury and Morgan plays again.

Too early for JFC
  • Andell-Gibbons seems to be a trialist from the Pro-Academy
  • nathan Harness appears to be a Stevenage goalkeeper
  • nathan Harness appears to be a Stevenage goalkeeper
    Hopefully he's a strapping young lad then.
  • edited March 2019
    nathan Harness appears to be a Stevenage goalkeeper
    West Ham u23 keeper
  • One down to the bottom side.
  • 1-1 Wassim 
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this game being played backwards ?
  • edited March 2019
    I see he is a "striker" nowadays? A few weeks ago he was a defensive midfielder.